Godzilla
100 (75.2%)
King Kong
25 (18.8%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,504,914 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 06, 2021, 04:40:52 AM
The Holy Trinity - Shin Godzilla, Ultraman and Kamen Rider -

Shin Gamera when?

nanison

nanison

Holy trinity because they are all Japanese or all from the same studio?

As a non expert I'd say the holy trinity of monsters is Godzilla - Kong - Gamera.
I'm sure Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah are pissed of now though

Huggs

Huggs

The fight is on October 11th.

Some extra footage.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Master Chief

Master Chief

It does now.  8)

Love the front kick!

nanison

nanison

Oh cool, so it will be on youtube. Old school filmmaking!

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 06, 2021, 06:51:45 PM
Shin Gamera when?

Given Higuchi's involvement in the Heisei trilogy and Anno's partial involvement (he visited sets and made a 'making of' on Gamera 3) I think that might already be covered? But you never know.

I think we would sooner see Shin Super Sentai or Shin Gundam at this rate.

Quote from: nanison on Oct 06, 2021, 07:57:32 PM
Holy trinity because they are all Japanese or all from the same studio?

As a non expert I'd say the holy trinity of monsters is Godzilla - Kong - Gamera.
I'm sure Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah are pissed of now though

You could go about this a few different ways.

Godzilla, Kong and Gamera are definitely the 'main' giant monster trio.

Toho's official Top 5 are Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla and Rodan.

For kaiju/tokusatsu in general Godzilla, Ultraman, Kamen Rider and Gamera are the Mt Rushmore.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

So any ideas on what happens next for the franchise? We know this isn't the end of Godzilla as a whole but question is what is next? Is the monsterverse having a new movie or Rewia era is having a new movie or season of SP, Any thoughts on this?

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Oct 23, 2021, 06:33:55 PM
So any ideas on what happens next for the franchise? We know this isn't the end of Godzilla as a whole but question is what is next? Is the monsterverse having a new movie or Rewia era is having a new movie or season of SP, Any thoughts on this?
I'd imagine a second season of Singular Point

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

QuoteOn March 25, 2019, producers Alex Garcia and Zach Shields discussed the potential plans for the MonsterVerse beyond 2020, and suggested the possibility that Legendary could continue the series beyond 2020 if Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong performed well. On May 7, Michael Dougherty expressed interest in directing a prequel set in prehistoric times exploring how primitive humans survived against the Titans, humanity's first encounter with Godzilla, and how its relationship with Godzilla was christened.

On April 27, 2021, following the success of Godzilla vs. Kong, The Hollywood Reporter disclosed that director Adam Wingard was in early talks with Legendary Pictures to direct a fifth MonsterVerse film, with Son of Kong a potential title.

Max Borenstein told ScreenRant on August 3, 2021, "I've heard some exciting things that are happening that I can't divulge. They have a great handle on things there and I certainly have thoughts and am always excited when I get involved in them. I think it's in good hands and with the success of Godzilla vs. Kong, there will be some new, interesting installments coming. Without being able to say any of that officially, you can look at the fact that that film performed and people really responded to it. I think it was really wonderful timing for people to have that towards the end of that surge in the pandemic, people really felt eager to see something that was fun and joyful in the cinema and it was really exciting to have our movie be that movie."

QuoteNetflix announced a Skull Island animated TV series on January 27, 2021, with animation by Powerhouse Animation Studios. It is unknown when the series will take place or when it will be released.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/MonsterVerse

QuoteIn an interview with Hidden Remote published on July 27, 2019, Toho's Head of Project Development, Akito Takahashi, stated that while he had no specific plans to share about the future of the Godzilla series after Godzilla vs. Kong, Toho had not ruled out co-productions with Legendary Pictures or new animated projects.
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Reiwa_era

Haven't seen anything about a Singular Point Season 2.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gilfryd on Oct 23, 2021, 10:09:33 PM
Haven't seen anything about a Singular Point Season 2.
look for old indian pop songs and try to decipher the soundwave patterns

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Fan favorite BioGoji is getting a new Bandai -

Also worth noting 7 years after their movie the Mutos are finally getting some decent figures -

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/182382

Stitch

Stitch

I think my Halloween pumpkin is suitable for the thread.

Kradan

Kradan

Holy shit, this is amazing !  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed