Why did Fox go with Ridley instead of Blomkamp?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jan 25, 2017, 09:20:51 PM

Author
Why did Fox go with Ridley instead of Blomkamp? (Read 6,059 times)

SM

Quote from: oberonqa on Jan 29, 2017, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 25, 2017, 11:02:53 PM
He's a widely respected director, and his last film in this series did quite well. Unless you have someone like Cameron knocking, why change?

You mean like when Scott and Cameron were going to team up to do Alien 5 back in the early 2000's and 20th Century Fox turned them down to do AvP instead? 

Sorry SM... I couldn't help myself there.  I stand ready to receive your Holy Wrath.   ;D

Nah - fair point.  I dunno what happened there...

Scorpio

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 29, 2017, 05:49:38 PM
What the hell does that have to do with either of their talents? It's not their fault Fox was f**king nuts back then.

Damn those ads would've written themselves. "From the Directors of Alien, Aliens, Titanic and Gladiator". f**king easy $$$

Last Alien film didn't do too well, though.  They don't want to risk major $$$ on a dying property.  So they made lower budget films.  Who was the best at the time delivering a good looking movie on a low budget?  Paul Anderson, who had two big hits with Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.

SM

He'd also had two massive bombs with Event Horizon and Soldier.

SiL

Resident Evil was his previous movie and made bank on a small budget.

SM

Yeah, I suspect that played a major part in him getting it.

SiL

Particularly the small budget. I don't think AvP's budget would've covered a Scott/Cameron film.

SM

I was reminded of how cheap RE looked on telly last night...

D. Compton Ambrose

Just let Ridley Scott direct the final Alien and be done with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed