Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf

Started by BringbackJonesy!, Jun 28, 2019, 03:59:18 PM

Author
Alien 3 - Third Cut enhanced re-edit by 15Maf (Read 41,588 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jul 14, 2019, 10:34:26 PM
To all those that have posted here and those that sent me a message about this, I've now had a chance to PM all of you a working link. ;D

Thank you kindly. I'm looking forward to giving this a view!

The Old One

The Old One

It's by no means definitive, but it's close.
One omission of a certain opening aspect and it's nearly perfect.

D88M

Sounds great actually, thanks for the heads up, i would like a link please, thank you.

Samhain13

I'm interested too. Can anyone PM me a link? Thanks.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 15, 2019, 12:46:52 PM
It's by no means definitive, but it's close.
One omission of a certain opening aspect and it's nearly perfect.

Glad you liked it.  Out of curiousity, what was the thing you'd like to omit at the beginning?  Is it the 'egg' by any chance....?

@ D88M and Samhain13 - check your messages.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes.

Kradan

PM please. Pleeeeease!

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 15, 2019, 06:22:09 PM
Yes.

I'm content to have the 'mystery egg' (at a strange downwards angle!) shot included, as I prefer to look on the various visual inconsistencies seen in the opening credits as pointing to a 'cryo-nightmare', rather than actual events following ALIENS....and the 'egg' definitely adds to that for me.  ;D

And that goes doubly for the ALIEN RES follow-up.  That way I can enjoy a re-watch of them both for the aspects I like without tearing my hair out at the way things went.

@ Darwinsgirl and Kradan - check your messages.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Only, Aliens and AlienĀ³ are the actual events following Alien, and the dreamlike qualities only point to the opening itself being Ripley's hazy interpretation of the fire before the crash. Just as Ripley's Chestburster nightmare is a representation of the PTSD Ripley acquired, whilst simultaneously informing the audience of the length of time passed since the events of Alien.

But removing the Egg as removing the Amanda Ripley subplot doesn't hinder audience interpretation, and only improves the film overall. The idea that the entire film is a cryo-nightmare though, is plain nonsense.
AlienĀ³ or Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

I agree, it's omission definitely enhances the viewing experience for me, and I see Resurrection as a completely separate entity anyway from the first three films.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jul 16, 2019, 11:24:45 AM
The idea that the entire film is a cryo-nightmare though, is plain nonsense.

At the end of the day, it's just my own 'personal interpretation' of how I choose to view both ALIENS sequels, as a way to make them more of a fun re-watch for myself every now and then, without having ALL the main characters killed off along the way.

But there's certainly aspects of ALIEN 3 which I've really grown to appreciate over the years, especially in 15MaF's particular re-edit.

And while there's nothing within the narrative of the movie which conclusively makes the whole thing a cryo-chamber 'nightmare', I just find it impossible to look on it as an actual continuation of ALIENS due to ONE particular thing....no, not the 'mystery egg'....nor the white 'Sulaco' lettering....nor the different 'Newt' actress (which isn't a problem for me, to be honest)....but due to the completely re-designed 'cryo-chambers' themselves, compared to those where we last left 'Ripley & Co.' asleep.  That's the real sticking point for me ultimately in the continuity stakes, and one I'm content not to let slide.

That, and the fact that I intend to ALTER the narrative of ALIEN 3 and ALIEN RES for my own re-watch purposes eventually, to confirm that both movies are definitely cryo-sleep 'nightmares' right from the off, plain nonsense or not. ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Jul 16, 2019, 09:23:05 PMbut due to the completely re-designed 'cryo-chambers' themselves, compared to those where we last left 'Ripley & Co.' asleep.  That's the real sticking point for me ultimately in the continuity stakes, and one I'm content not to let slide.

Agreed, indeed, sanctioned, ratified and approved.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

@ Local Trouble - I've finally bitten on your linked topic.;D

The Old One

The Old One

It's a aesthetic change and nothing more, just as underneath the Narcissus.
Anything else is fanfiction.

Local Trouble

What missing cryotube?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed