Facehuggers

Started by The Chibi Kiriyama, Oct 17, 2007, 10:05:33 PM

Author
Facehuggers (Read 44,664 times)

SM

As do many.  Meaning change isn't always "good".

QuoteSM u r jus another h8r.

Not completely.  Mebbe a h7r.  I'm with you re: the facehugger.  Design is okay (hoping the digitals aren't fused - that'd suck), but the colour's dumb.

It wouldn't be hard to be a step up from the appalling execution of the huggers in AvP where the hosts were still moving while hugged and the huggers themselves looked like they would going to fall off at any moment.

Plokoon111

I think the only reason the facehugger is painted blackish is a nod to the queen hugger, BUT its only a regular one, there probally will be a reason why later.

SM

Camo.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 18, 2007, 12:27:18 AM
but its been said many times xeno, it might not be locked on yet?

Locked onto the head? We know it is. The preview showed it jumps and clamps down, as it jumps through the air. This is the thing while it's doing its job, because the guy's fallen down and been rendered unconscious.

Locked in the edit? This isn't CGI. They can't really change the obviously loose way that tail isn't wrapped around properly or how there's a lot of thin air between the body and face.

The only saving grace might be that it was a test shot, to measure the lighting, but I doubt the magazine would have incidently been given such pictures.

Quote from: Tundro on Oct 18, 2007, 01:22:07 AM
???Look, I just joined the forums and so far all I've read are a bunch of posts complaining about this or that.  What the hell is with you guys and CHANGE?  Change is good.

Change does not necessarily = better. :)

When things look obviously fake, I think we should be allowed to say so. The facehugger errors are that much more glaring, because hte CGI ones, in the preview, looked great. The directors were the ones who have made a big thing out of saying they were going to correct this and that about the first film. Facehuggers obviously not... Hugging... Should have been one of those things they were going to fix. Even if the practical models would not have allowed them, there are camera angles which could hide that.

QuoteThe Face Hugger looks fine to me, and so do the rest of the effects.  It is just a movie after all.  There's only so much you can do before the effects become to real for the films.  Not trying to make enemies here but come on, enjoy it for what it is.  Thats what I'm doing.

That's why I'm reserving my judgement on the film, as a whole. I like a number of things about it, for the record.

This stuff, however, is basic and nothing to do with any studio interference.

Quote from: John-Kormag III on Oct 18, 2007, 01:30:39 AM
a new color could be based on the idea "a predalien wants to breed". those black points on his legs and tail could be an attempt to bring something from the predator's skin design.

These are ones which came from the ship. The cracked and smashed stasis tubes strongly imply they were from there.

Quotei always had a question "why would comic-yautja (i will never call these stolen creatures "predators")  keep facehuggers on a ship, they are stupid but not enough to do this".

Predators like to hunt stuff. :)

As for the colour, I don't mind so much, because we don't know how long these ones have been in the wild, as it were.

John-Kormag III

John-Kormag III

QuoteThese are ones which came form the ship. The cracked and smashed stasis tubes strongly imply they were from there.
i hoped until this last minute that these tubes cannot be considered "keeping boxes". if they are... comicyautja are dumbs )

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: PatrinAVP11 on Oct 17, 2007, 10:08:50 PM
I think that the facehuggers will be able to keep planting embryos in humans and whatever else as much as they want until there killed....that'd wouldn't be enitrely unbelievable.

- I like that better then making Chet like a Queen or whatever.

hey Patrin, what's avp:blodshed director's cut?  is that another cut of andersen's movie?

StealthHunter

I'm thinking that the new Facehugger design has to do with the fact that they're birthed by the PredAlien. Because if anything it's skin textures and color very much resemble a Predator's.

SiL

Quote from: CloakedHunter on Oct 18, 2007, 08:25:25 AM
I'm thinking that the new Facehugger design has to do with the fact that they're birthed by the PredAlien. Because if anything it's skin textures and color very much resemble a Predator's.
This face hugger was from a stasis tube, not the PredAlien.

StealthHunter

Quote from: SiL on Oct 18, 2007, 09:03:17 AM

That doesn't necessarily mean those particular Facehuggers didn't come from the PredAlien though.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteIt wouldn't be hard to be a step up from the appalling execution of the huggers in AvP where the hosts were still moving while hugged and the huggers themselves looked like they would going to fall off at any moment.

I dunno, I kind of found that creepy.  I imagine experiencing the initial 'face rape' before you fall unconcious would be horrible but regaining conciousness, even for a moment while the thing was still attached would be pretty nasty.

Ballzanya

Quote from: CloakedHunter on Oct 18, 2007, 09:12:32 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 18, 2007, 09:03:17 AM

That doesn't necessarily mean those particular Facehuggers didn't come from the PredAlien though.

yeah it does. The facehugger in the fangoria pic is on the hunter, one of the victims of the two facehuggers held in stasis tubes before the ship crash. (possibly long before) So unless they were layed by a previous predalien queen, this is not possible. The predalien which causes havoc on the ship, surely did not have time to develop an egg-laying tube yet.

Cutch

Cutch

Hey... uh, guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that red gash on the 'hugger's nose new anatomy?

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=59&pid=327

Does it look... kind of... vaginal to anyone else? Granted, this would be keeping with the original alien design asthetic...

Ballzanya

hmm. the avp-r facehuggers have vaginas now or so it seems.  :D
Maybe its to symbolize how they are f**king with the alien reproductive cycle this time around.

Aeus

Quote from: Cutch on Nov 26, 2007, 11:52:20 PM
Hey... uh, guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that red gash on the 'hugger's nose new anatomy?

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=59&pid=327

Does it look... kind of... vaginal to anyone else? Granted, this would be keeping with the original alien design asthetic...

The Facehugger has a cold.

vehtam

or, like i said, adi just thinks pink is trendy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed