Lucretia Borgia: the closest to a POV character?

Started by DUB1, May 22, 2015, 01:28:56 PM

Author
Lucretia Borgia: the closest to a POV character? (Read 3,526 times)

DUB1

Something that's been brought up regarding suggestions for a movie adaptation is that there are no sympathetic human characters in P:CJ for the audience to root for. But I think Lucretia came pretty close to being it.

Yes, she wasn't particularly likable, but she was probably the least evil of all the antagonists (which isn't saying much, I know). She also seemed to be the last one in the know as far as her father's activities and Mother's were concerned, and was asking questions the audience would probably ask themselves. Plus her surprise when she discovered who Mother was, and her horror when Mother told her they were vampirising the Predators and when she saw Hunter's transformation, all possible reactions from an audience.

So if there ever was a movie adaptation, do you think Lucretia could work as the Point Of View character? This wouldn't be the first movie that didn't really feature any sympathetic characters, anyway.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DUB1 on May 22, 2015, 01:28:56 PMSomething that's been brought up regarding suggestions for a movie adaptation is that there are no sympathetic human characters in P:CJ for the audience to root for. But I think Lucretia came pretty close to being it.

By the end of the game, I find myself having quite a bit of sympathy for her. The scene where she realises who (what) MOTHER is in particular sort of shows that she isn't evil, just greedy. She doesn't mind exploiting the Predators' tech, but doesn't agree with being so manipulative to acquire it or experimenting on the creatures themselves.

I think it says a lot about how her character is meant to be viewed by the player when you consider her death does not come at the hands of Scarface, but her own father.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 20, 2015, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: DUB1 on May 22, 2015, 01:28:56 PMSomething that's been brought up regarding suggestions for a movie adaptation is that there are no sympathetic human characters in P:CJ for the audience to root for. But I think Lucretia came pretty close to being it.

By the end of the game, I find myself having quite a bit of sympathy for her. The scene where she realises who (what) MOTHER is in particular sort of shows that she isn't evil, just greedy. She doesn't mind exploiting the Predators' tech, but doesn't agree with being so manipulative to acquire it or experimenting on the creatures themselves.

I think it says a lot about how her character is meant to be viewed by the player when you consider her death does not come at the hands of Scarface, but her own father.

Yeah, that's true.

Also, when you see that she exploits the Predators, it doesn't make her as sinister as it does when she acts hostile to some of her subordinates. I mean, Predators exploit us for hunting and even sacrificing us to make Xenomorphs, also that one Gameboy game where the intro states a Predator drone ship placed eggs on a human colony in Alpha Centauri which wiped out the entire population just so they can go on a hunt.

So in the end, Lucretia is a slightly lesser evil than even the character we play as (who in the very first mission ends up blowing an entire city filled with women and children), which makes it kind of ironic. But of course, from a Predator's point of view, she is an exploiter.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed