Novelizing the Comics?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 10, 2007, 12:46:33 PM

Author
Novelizing the Comics? (Read 6,132 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So the first line of A/P/AvP novels were all mostly novelizations of the comics. If DH Press were to start novelizing comics again, which Alien and Predator comics would you want to see novelized?

Personally, I wanna see Destroying Angels and Hell and Hot Water novelized.

The Ultimate Predator

Hell and Hot Water for sure. Nemesis as well.

Snore

Snore

I'd like to see the epic 10-Issue (cut down from an originally planned 12 because they kept changing writers) "Colonial Marines" comic get a shot at being a novel.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What actually happens in that novel?

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

I wouldn't mind the 12 issue Deadliest of Species being novelized.

Snore

Snore

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2007, 11:38:37 PM
What actually happens in that novel?

You mean the Comics?

A group of Marines on Punishment duty find themselves in a fight against a cult (where the members have modified their DNA with Royal Jelly) who are trying to spread their influence over their region of space.

4 Different writers covered this one. And you can tell where (apart from the credits) they change just simply on the abrupt spots where there's a change in narrative and emphasis on characters.

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Mar 11, 2007, 01:37:07 AM
I wouldn't mind the 12 issue Deadliest of Species being novelized.

I hated Deadliest of the Species.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ I only gave the first issue a 10 second glance, it look like a complicated alien and predator acid trip. exactly what's the story about ?

SM

SM

Colonial Marines and Deadliest Of The Species.  Just to shed some light onto what the fark was going on.  Some of the stuff in Deadliest... struck me as unbelievably dumb - but I'd like to know if that was just me and I wasn't understanding it properly.  Same with Colonial Marines.  They never adaquately addressed the whole Father/ Kleist thing.

But then I hoped Labyrinth would tell us more clearly what Church was trying to do - and it didn't.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

can you tell me a bit more on DoS plz ?

SM

SM

Been a long time since I read it, but it's set after the Alien sometime invasion of Earth and revolves around a trophy wife called Caryn Delacroix, who is haunted by dreams of a Predator and Ailens and someone or something called Ash Parnall.

She ends up joining up with the Predator (a female) and there's all sorts of stuff about buried identities and memories, and then they join up with a couple of soldiers and subsequently end up looking like rejects from a Boris Vallejo painting.  I'd have to read it again to see if it makes anymore sense - but it didn't make much sense the previous times I've read it.

As the above would indicate.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

thanks

SPOILER

doesn't she in the last issue turn into a alien hybrid ?

SM

SM

SPOILERS

She doesn't no, but there is a Alien/ Predator/ human hybrid in it.  I think she's the host if memory serves - yet somehow survives.  As I said I'd have to read it again.  Must dig it out.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

seems like a real odd DH story.

SM

SM

Oh yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed