[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2021, 06:11:47 AM

Author
[Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin (Read 95,103 times)

Corporal Hicks

Predator fans certainly have something to look forward to this year! Hot on the heels of the recent news revealing some insight into the two main characters featured in the upcoming Predator 5 (also known as Skulls), Alien vs. Predator Galaxy have now exclusively learned that the Dan Trachtenberg directed film is tentatively scheduled to begin shooting in just a few months.

Produced by Davis Entertainment, the 5th Predator film (still also known as Skulls) is slated to begin filming in the middle of May 2021 in Calgary, Canada!  And along with this tentative production slate, we also have another peek into the story of the film via this production synopsis:

Quote"The story will follow Kee, a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior. Many years ago – in a time before any Europeans had ever encroached on their lands – the Comanche people had a well defined society and gender norms.  Kee is very close to her younger brother, Taabe, who is being groomed as a leader.  As capable as any young man in the tribe, Kee has always been a teacher and source of inspiration for Taabe.  In the Comanche way – she is Patsi – the elder sister that has helped to shape him.  Kee is a truth teller and has insight that others do not.  A tomboy, she wants to prove herself in the masculine world of the Comanche.  When danger threatens them all – Kee sets out to prove that she is as capable as any young warrior."

Of course, production schedules can change at anytime, so be sure to keep your targets set on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for all the latest Predator 5 news! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. Be sure to join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums as well!

pmaz11

Always looking out for the updates around here and glad to see the production coming along. Still can't determine how this film will pan out, but welcome to any new material!

Darkness

Surprised things are happening so fast with this.

Kradan

So the new movie will be shot in the same country where AVPR and The Predator were filmed ? That's a good sign

Mike

Wish I could be excited but that plot just doesn't do it for me, gender norms... bullshit.

SiL

It means their production manager is good at their job and knows where to shoot affordably.

Serious Business

Any word on who's doing the Predator suits? If they are filming in three months, sure they must deep into the design stage, if not already building/doing the suits.

Also, in order to save money, they could actually use the emissaries bodys with new armour, i would dig that.

Serious Business

Ohh by the way, Kyle Strauts is the Predator again, thank me later.

Serious Business

Also Fun fact: They were taking pitches for this already in Feb. 2020, one of those ideas was ,,Predator: Female of he species".
That would have been written and directed by Zelda Williams, who at the time wanted to get into ,,blockbuster" terretory. Ultimately, they went with Skulls, which was originally it's own thing.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 12, 2021, 10:23:26 AM
So the new movie will be shot in the same country where AVPR and The Predator were filmed ? That's a good sign

:laugh: I was about to say that.

Billiken

I gotta be honest. This is the least excited I've been for a Predator film. This idea isn't doing much for me.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 12, 2021, 10:12:17 AM
Surprised things are happening so fast with this.

Dan said he's been working on Skulls since 2016 actually. And the original casting call we found was dated in January 2020, so perhaps just perhaps this was supposed to film last year, then Covid happened, and pushed it a year back.

goose_3387

Just need confirmation that the Predator will be a Super Predator or in some way superior to the original design then we're good to go...

Whiskeybrewer

Corporal Hicks

Adam and I did a Motion Tracker on this this morning.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed