New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 28,653 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2021, 09:01:05 PM
And people openly admit to liking those. There are people who like the ADI Aliens over Giger's.

It's like people can ... Like different things?

"People" more generous than I.

Enjoy

I see it as a sign of respect to stan to get the look right. Seems like it could be discussed respectfully. And as artist's  I would think it would be maddening to put out something so fixable. Even done in post production.

Mike’s Monsters

I strongly stand by the opinion if the ADI Predator faces were lit and shot better, most wouldn't even complain. They haven't photographed a Predator too well since Predator 2. Camera work matters, and it doesn't do ADI favors because having seen the actual pieces in real life with my own eyes, they look fantastic.

Yes, there can be improvements in the design, always, but it's usually time that doesn't allow. Even on the Winston Predators, but you don't see as many flaws there because of how well they are shot. But if you look carefully, you'll notice them. I only stand by this, probably because of the camera and light work I do, and know that the correct light can make anything look amazing. If I can make a toy look like it's shot from a movie, I know a properly lit and shot ADI Predator can blow us all away.

I've been unimpressed with the camera work since P2 and hope that changes with Skulls. And I can't wait to see what ADI makes and hope they knock it out of the park.

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 13, 2021, 10:42:25 PM
"People" more generous than I.
Less pretentious and condescending, to boot.

Quote from: Mikey on Jun 14, 2021, 12:56:02 AM
I strongly stand by the opinion if the ADI Predator faces were lit and shot better, most wouldn't even complain.
The same people would still be complaining, but it'd certainly take the edge off things like the skin folds.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm not being serious Jesus Christ get off my bloody back goddamn. Did the Gollum image not give that impression enough and also the quotation marks? Or perhaps you just rushed to insulting me.

SiL

The quotation marks were the problem.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes I believe the taste of people who hold such views sucks, almost always think they don't know what they're talking about, like someone who thinks interpolating animation to be 60FPS with A.I looks genuinely better.

It's just absurd to me but...

I realise my opinion's not the only one that matters, hence me pointing out other instances of thinking people crazy when it comes to good design, on the prior page.

Obviously by that admittance I know people can like different things, yet you felt the need to point that out anyway, and in that respect I will take pretention over condescension anyday.

SiL

But you're doing both

And now we're derailing the thread.

BlueMarsalis79

Actually I did neither, I'm just not interested in misinterpretations of my words leading to arguments, if someone's going to take issue with what I say I'd rather indeed it actually be what I say not how I say it.

goose_3387

Quote from: Mikey on Jun 14, 2021, 12:56:02 AM
I strongly stand by the opinion if the ADI Predator faces were lit and shot better, most wouldn't even complain. They haven't photographed a Predator too well since Predator 2. Camera work matters, and it doesn't do ADI favors because having seen the actual pieces in real life with my own eyes, they look fantastic.

Yes, there can be improvements in the design, always, but it's usually time that doesn't allow. Even on the Winston Predators, but you don't see as many flaws there because of how well they are shot. But if you look carefully, you'll notice them. I only stand by this, probably because of the camera and light work I do, and know that the correct light can make anything look amazing. If I can make a toy look like it's shot from a movie, I know a properly lit and shot ADI Predator can blow us all away.

I've been unimpressed with the camera work since P2 and hope that changes with Skulls. And I can't wait to see what ADI makes and hope they knock it out of the park.

Good points about the camera work.

Still though, the original KPH Predator is the only on screen Pred that makes me believe it really could be a real life alien and not a guy in a suit. In fact I still don't believe it's a guy in a suit, that Pred is real in my eyes. 😬😅

SiL

I'm with you there. Even City Hunter doesn't look as good when the mask comes off.

If that throbbing temple of jungle Hunter's that sells it, I'm telling you.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I agree, I didn't even conciously notice it until my last viewing.

But admittedly, I'd still take this obvious animatronic over every other obvious animatronic since.

SiL

Which is, ironically, why I think it sells it. It's organic motion that doesn't actually do anything. Serves no apparent purpose, it's just a byproduct of some biological function. Easy to miss.

goose_3387

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2021, 11:02:05 AM
I'm with you there. Even City Hunter doesn't look as good when the mask comes off.

If that throbbing temple of jungle Hunter's that sells it, I'm telling you.

Don't think I've consciously noticed that either. Will have to check it out. Just another example of the fine details they strived to achieve.

SiL

20 seconds in when the mask comes off. Left temple, right of frame. Few times throughout as well but that's the first time it shows up.

I'm not entirely sure it's intentional - it could well be a side effect of the mandible control - but God it works.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed