New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 29,397 times)

Enjoy

I hope they digital touch up any mistakes or flaws in the predator.. So bad we even have to say this.

Gilfryd

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jun 12, 2021, 04:11:00 PM
The news of a streaming release, ADI's involvement, the potential story and setting which may or not work is giving me worrying vibes.

Not sure what the budget is but I just hope it doesn't look like a made for TV film with a cheap looking Predator in it.

Trachtenberg gives me hope (10 Cloverfield Lane was solid) and I like the idea of the story (a period setting is long overdue). Streaming release is a bummer but if it allows the film to be more of its own thing without the worries that go into a theatrical release I'm fine with that.

They need to give ADI a rest though. They know Legacy Effects exists right?

goose_3387

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jun 13, 2021, 02:46:16 PM
They need to give ADI a rest though. They know Legacy Effects exists right?

I have little to no expectation that they will finally make something as good as the original.

Think it's more a case of won't and not can't.

SuperiorIronman

Legacy might've been occupied given they're involvement with Disney and no less than three Star Wars productions going on along with Marvel offerings. They also have pretty bad looking aliens and slap unnecessary CGI on them and the droids as if the work couldn't speak for itself.

We also may go on about crabs here but I sincerely hope they weren't the ones to assemble the scout trooper because for two seasons that thing's been f**ked up.

Voodoo Magic

What's that saying? The definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result?

If I had to guess, I would put ADI's constant involvement on Producer John Davis because I assume they're familiar and cheap. And John either hasn't heard fan complaints yet, or he is just dismissing them. That's my guess at least.

But the buck definitely stops with Tom and Alec. I don't know how they stop during the production of these heads and say, woah, woah, this isn't right. We have to fix this! Especially the Fugitive's pockets of skin.

One day someone has to definitely ask them a few serious questions on the issue, but respectfully. Alec, Tom, so these awkward folds, these rolls, these strange pockets. You couldn't have been happy with them right? Theyre not on the maquette. What went wrong you think? What's causing this?

If they don't even acknowledge something went awry at that point, then, woah...

goose_3387

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 13, 2021, 06:29:30 PM
What's that saying? The definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing but expecting a different result?

If I had to guess, I would put ADI's constant involvement on Producer John Davis because I assume they're familiar and cheap. And John either hasn't heard fan complaints yet, or he is just dismissing them. That's my guess at least.

But the buck definitely stops with Tom and Alec. I don't know how they stop during the production of these heads and say, woah, woah, this isn't right. We have to fix this! Especially the Fugitive's pockets of skin.

One day someone has to definitely ask them a few serious questions on the issue, but respectfully. Alec, Tom, so these awkward folds, these rolls, these strange pockets. You couldn't have been happy with them right? Theyre not on the maquette. What went wrong you think? What's causing this?

This just made me more angry about it. 😅

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 13, 2021, 04:55:16 PM

I think you're mental.

I'm mostly really impressed with The Mandalorian's effects. Nothing in it looks nearly as awful as every Predator since the original Stan Winston creations.

I also searched up that apparent Trooper design change and found nothing.

BigDaddyJohn

I think pride is a factor in all of this. Their pride that can prevent them to admit what we all know is wrong if adressed in an interview.

SiL

Or they might disagree it's a problem.

It's shocking, I know. But maybe fans not liking something doesn't actually mean everyone else thinks the same thing?

They may well hate it, but the attitude that what we think is the only right way to look at it and anything else is wrong or delusional is kind of obnoxious and tiring.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm usually willing to play Devil's advocate but...

I find it difficult to believe anyone thinks they don't look like complete shit, particularly pertaining to very visible imperfections like folds, but then again I find it difficult to believe people like the Requiem Aliens or PredAlien and they exist somehow.

SiL

And people openly admit to liking those. There are people who like the ADI Aliens over Giger's.

It's like people can ... Like different things?

Galactus123

I think its very possible that they haven't heard the complaints. Also directors might think that those faces look good without comparing them to the first two Predator movies.

GoroPredator

So we're essentially in straight to DVD territory now  :'(  not long now, soon they will start doing these movies with the Predator in space. 

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2021, 09:01:05 PM
And people openly admit to liking those. There are people who like the ADI Aliens over Giger's.

It's like people can ... Like different things?

How dare they...

SiL

Quote from: GoroPredator on Jun 13, 2021, 09:16:19 PM
So we're essentially in straight to DVD territory now  :'(  not long now, soon they will start doing these movies with the Predator in space. 
Straight to streaming is very different these days to straight to DVD of ten years ago.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed