Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,144 times)

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 20, 2021, 07:53:15 AM
QuoteI figure a mad perfectionist like Cambo wouldve had a little hose spurting acid rigged up to it otherwise.

Yeah but the same mad perfectionist would have glued the spike back on, surely?
Assuming he was directing the model unit.

Elmazalman

Back onboard the Nostromo, Lambert's helmet light is off in one shot in the airlock.

Predwars24

I noticed two things

Alien

In the first film I decided to focus on Ash and his behavior towards the discovery of the Xenomorph. Since it's revealed he's an android trying to ensure it's survival over the crews. Suddenly all of his actions are more clear, especially when telling Ripley not to go after them, or when he lets them in without authorization, he didn't forget who was in charge he just didn't care.

Aliens

In the sequel when we get close up shots of Hicks falling asleep it also cuts back to Hudson bragging about how badass they are. While he does this we see Hicks clearly awake while Hudson is talking. It's something I though was kind of funny.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Predwars24 on Nov 15, 2021, 02:49:47 PM

Alien

In the first film I decided to focus on Ash and his behavior towards the discovery of the Xenomorph. Since it's revealed he's an android trying to ensure it's survival over the crews. Suddenly all of his actions are more clear, especially when telling Ripley not to go after them, or when he lets them in without authorization, he didn't forget who was in charge he just didn't care.

I like how Ash continues to stare at the scorch mark left by the testing of the cattle prod. It's as if he disapproves of Brett's casual treatment of the Nostromo - like himself, another piece of company property.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

In that same scene, when Dallas tells Parker he doesn't want "any heroics outta him", is Ripley desperately trying to suppress a smile?

Elmazalman

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 15, 2021, 05:54:41 PM
In that same scene, when Dallas tells Parker he doesn't want "any heroics outta him", is Ripley desperately trying to suppress a smile?
Yes. If you listen to the raw production audio track, Ian Holm / Ash laughs at this.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 15, 2021, 10:33:15 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 15, 2021, 05:54:41 PM
Yes. If you listen to the raw production audio track, Ian Holm / Ash laughs at this.

Could have sworn you can faintly hear it in at least one cut of the film too, although buggered if I know which one.

Kradan

I was just walking and suddenly a thought occured in my head: Alien 3 is so contrary to Aliens that even movies' pallettes are comprised of opposite colours: while Aliens is strongly associated with cold blue Alien 3 is mostly hues of warm orange and brown. I never realised that before

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Something I've known for a while now (although some people might not be aware of it), you can see the spacesuits Ridley and Derek Vanlint's kids wore in the space jockey and landing gear scenes in the locker room where Mr. Jones is hiding.

Predator@Alien

There is a spoiler in Alien 3, which tells us how the Alien is going to die. I had never made the connection before ! When the fire trap fails and Dillon activates the sprinklers, a seal cracks from the heat shock. A little teaser of what awaits us at the end ^^'

You saw that ? ^^'

Kradan

Predator@Alien

Kradan

It's a nice bit of foreshadowing, indeed

razeak

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 19, 2021, 08:41:46 PM
Maybe the severed part of her tail morphed into the egg.

I know this is months old, but I just spit Dr. Pepper Zero on my keyboard...lol

Kradan

During the landing sequence in Covenant, when lander hits the atmosphere there's a moment when one can hear Mother's voice amongst crew chatter saying: "Recommend mission abort" which I thought was weird

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed