MovieWeb AvP Requiem Review

Started by Darkness, Dec 19, 2007, 05:29:50 PM

Author
MovieWeb AvP Requiem Review (Read 12,958 times)

Darkness

Darkness

The first review of AvPR is now up on MovieWeb. It’s not a bad review but it’s not overly positive either.

“Despite playing out more as homage, than a sequel, AVP:R is a lot of fun. Sure, there’s the blatant Ripley/Newt dynamic. Sure there’s the very familiar score by Brian Tyler, that’s more of a mash-up of James Horner and Alan Silvestri, than anything else. Sure we get and APC-type vehicle smashing through things, and Colonial Marine-looking Nation Guard getting over-taken by aliens. And sure there’s the Predator treating his injury, and even taking off his mask in the EXACT same way as the Pred in the 1st Predator film. There’s even the return of one of Arnold’s most quoted lines from Predator (much too my pleasure).”

They gave it 3.5/5 overall. So much for not having any Arnie quotes in the movie. Thanks to JK for the news.

Firestorm

Firestorm

well well, doesnt sound too bad?!

Demonio Cazador

It's actually "Get to the chopper" I think...

pred88

pred88

the arnie quote is actually "Get to the chopaaaaaaa!!!"

Miranasi

Miranasi

Get to da Choppah!!!!!    ;D     ;D     ;D  

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

3.5/5 isn't that bad, almost all real working critics are overly harsh and very troll like in their short sided opinions. So a 3.5/5 isn't that bad at all. You should have heard what they were saying about the first AVP film, now thats bad lol.   Either way, I wouldn't really listen to them, these people make watching films a very depressing thing, I know the movie is going to rock, I know I coming to see it in theaters no matter what   8)  

Aeus

Aeus

Exactly what I expected. This has lightened my spirits in terms for this movie, I am once again very anticipated about seeing it.    :D  

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

What's da matta dillon, cia got you pooshing too many pencils   PHANTOM you are absolutely right.  a review like that, for a film like this, means it's going to be really f'ng fun.

holdtheline

holdtheline

Well, that's not as scathing as that Polish review, perhaps there is a little hope after all.

Lionhart

Lionhart

well, Its better then AVP and thats good. I hope its better then AR.

killzonewith bladesandteet

I actually read the whole thing and I think the movie will be just fine in the areas that matter

Kinn Corn Karn

Kinn Corn Karn

Lionhart, it would be impossible for it to not be better than AR. If the Strause Brothers only stood in front of the camera and threw their own poo at the screen it would be an improvement! I think this film will surprise a lot of people with it's quality level.   ;D  

It's actually "Get to the chopper" I think...   It better be "Get to the chopper" although this isn't quoted that much.  It better not be "you are one ugly mo**er fu**er."  I swear I walk out of the theater right then and there.   >:(  

Kinn Corn Karn | 19 Dec 2007 18:0711 Lionhart, it would be impossible for it to not be better than AR. If the Strause Brothers only stood in front of the camera and threw their own poo at the screen it would be an improvement! I think this film will surprise a lot of people with it's quality level.    Kick ass!!  I love it.  All copies of AR should be recalled and burned or it should be officially removed from the series.     >:(  

nchurch81

nchurch81

of course that's the line... so you might as well not bother to buy a ticket.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed