Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening

Started by Stolen, Apr 27, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening (Read 58,206 times)

windebieste

The New Canon beats the shit out of yet one more ride on the tired, squeaky old merry-go-round with Senior Citizen Ripley cranking the handle to keep it going. 

Thank God this Project has been put to rest.  Finito.  End of story. 

-Windebieste.

irn

Good news. Alien 3 lives on!

Predaker

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 30, 2017, 06:49:43 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 30, 2017, 04:14:19 PM
Give Blomkamp another flop or two and he will welcome a shot at AVP. I frankly think it's the only subfranchise he is potentially really suited for, and he's just talented enough to actually class it up and make something half-decent of it. And for the record, I hate the AVP movies.

To date none of Blomkamp's films have "flopped" as you so naively put it. And he has already stated that he is NOT INTERESTED in making a AvP film.

That's too bad because I would love to see what he could do with AvP. I'd rather have that from Blomkamp instead of Alien 5.

BishopShouldGo

This project will be revived one day.

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on May 02, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
This project will be revived one day.

Maybe with different actors.

I don't see a 75 year old Sigourney Weaver as Ripley. The same with Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones 5.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

QuoteThank God this Project has been put to rest.  Finito.  End of story. 

-Windebieste.

What happened to "I'm waiting for official announcements" ?

Beatnation

T Dog

Glad this idea has been scrapped. Im still down with Blomkamp making an Alien movie. I think it would look a lot better than Scott's pseudo Star Trek looking new Alienverse.

irn

Quote from: T Dog on May 02, 2017, 11:04:59 PM
Glad this idea has been scrapped. Im still down with Blomkamp making an Alien movie. I think it would look a lot better than Scott's pseudo Star Trek looking new Alienverse.

Totally agree. I'd love Blomkamp to make a new Alien film, but just leave Ripley and Hicks alone. That story is over. It was great, but it's done now.

SpreadEagleBeagle

"Ridley Scott Says Alien 5 is Not Happening"

8) :) 8)

Local Trouble

Here's a thought: how about giving Sigourney Weaver her own Ripley film without the alien for all the people who think it's her story and then see how well it does?

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2017, 05:30:00 PM
Here's a thought: how about giving Sigourney Weaver her own Ripley film without the alien for all the people who think it's her story and then see how well it does?

It could be set on gateway station and detail the mundane life of Ripley having to learn a new job and getting her class II rating. Then Burke and Gorman knock on the door at the very end.

Local Trouble

That would be riveting.

KiramidHead

I want a Parker and Brett prequel/spinoff. Call it Alien : Bonus Situation.

stroggificated

What's next? Hot snow rises up? Dogs start to fly?  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed