Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 63,240 times)

SpaceMarines

No, I agree, the aesthetic was a huge part of the original film. I just disagree that not having it look exactly the same completely negates Prometheus from the Alien canon, especially considering the Alien itself has never looked identical in any of the films.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 07, 2013, 11:24:40 PM
But... there's nothing that contradicts anything, story-wise. Some shit looks a bit different.

Whats wrong with this picture?

Which bits look different and why do they not matter?

Did you pay attention to the actual story of Prometheus?

SpaceMarines

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Not to mention... That picture combines both Prometheus and Alien elements... So, it's fan art.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 08, 2013, 12:15:05 AM
Not to mention... That picture combines both Prometheus and Alien elements... So, it's fan art.
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 08, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

Its an official retcon!

Gash

Gash

+1

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Gash on Mar 08, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

+1

+2

Although I think he's trying to say they redesigned the Space Jockey making them Engineers? Even then its not really retconning because the differences make no difference. The derelict and Space Jockey exist as they are in the Prometheus universe because it's all in the same universe.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 08, 2013, 01:50:49 AMThe derelict and Space Jockey exist as they are in the Prometheus universe because it's all in the same universe.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

This conversation is like trying to juggle buffalo, while hopping, after labor day.

SpaceMarines

Brings me back to Saigon.

Tough little S.O.B.

Nothing makes sense between the previous world of Alien and Prometheus because nobody in this movie was interested in making it have any sense. I have the feeling that they just didn't give a damm about it.

I would love to hear Fincher's honest opinion about Prometheus. I mean, once he stops laughing of course....

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 07, 2013, 11:44:56 PM
, especially considering the Alien itself has never looked identical in any of the films.

Exactly what I said earlier also. It's because it's the "super sacred Space Jockey that made me wonder about the stars when I was a boy and I like tubes and pipes and stuff" syndrome.

I'm not sure what's hard to understand about something that's eons old looking different from something that's not.

My favourite part is that both come from the same guy.....  :D

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Mar 08, 2013, 05:41:02 AM
Nothing makes sense between the previous world of Alien and Prometheus because nobody in this movie was interested in making it have any sense. I have the feeling that they just didn't give a damm about it.

I would love to hear Fincher's honest opinion about Prometheus. I mean, once he stops laughing of course....

I don't have any problem equating Prometheus with ALIEN, and I think basically it is still essentially the story that Ridley has always wanted to tell - that of the bomber and it's bio weapon. I"d say people on it's creative side did give a damn because whilst it takes a completely different route to the sequels of ALIEN, it manages to craft a scenario which doesn't screw the other films, but shows that they are but one possible path.

And why should Fincher care? Laudible though aspects of his directing of Alien3 are, the story is one that diffuses pretty rapidly and he has to all intents and purposes disowned it. I doubt he cares much at all, though as a director I'd be surprised if he's laughing at Ridley Scott for returning to that universe and broadening it out from the dark corridor runaround that it was already straightjacketd by in 1992.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Highland on Mar 08, 2013, 05:58:10 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 07, 2013, 11:44:56 PM
, especially considering the Alien itself has never looked identical in any of the films.

Exactly what I said earlier also. It's because it's the "super sacred Space Jockey that made me wonder about the stars when I was a boy and I like tubes and pipes and stuff" syndrome.

I'm not sure what's hard to understand about something that's eons old looking different from something that's not.

My favourite part is that both come from the same guy.....  :D

It's not about not understanding it. It's simply about not liking it.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Mar 08, 2013, 05:58:10 AMI'm not sure what's hard to understand about something that's eons old looking different from something that's not.

Understanding requires that you have at least a small clue as to what is going on, which you don't. Unless you can tell me precisely how old the base (and Juggernaut) on LV-223 is then you've got zip to support your argument other than what you have been handed: 'degradation'.

QuoteMy favourite part is that both come from the same guy... :laugh:

Degradation is a bastard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed