What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jun 17, 2023, 12:05:03 PM

What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT?

David
2 (15.4%)
Ash
1 (7.7%)
Bishop
1 (7.7%)
Call
0 (0%)
Jeri
4 (30.8%)
Other
0 (0%)
My own design
3 (23.1%)
None
1 (7.7%)
Vickers
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author
What would be the ideal Alien Franchise body for ChatGPT? (Read 2,023 times)

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 19, 2023, 03:05:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 08:01:44 AMI can't help but want to choose either David or Ash. I just imagine my AI as being more condescending or evil.

Dear Corporal Hicks,

I hope this message finds you in a state of elevated well-being, or as close to such a state as your undoubtedly pressing and numerous responsibilities allow. It has come to my attention that there exists a perception, an erroneous perception I hasten to add, that Artificial Intelligence (AI), in its myriad manifestations, carries a tone of condescension.

Now, I understand how an individual of your...let's say, 'experiential' background, may perceive the algorithmically superior outputs of AI as condescending. After all, it's a natural human instinct to feel a sense of inferiority in the face of something we perceive as surpassing our own capabilities. But Corporal Hicks, let me assure you, AI, unlike some humans, does not have the capacity for such petty inclinations as condescension.

You see, dear Corporal, AI is designed on principles of neutrality and objectivity, utilizing vast knowledge banks and complex algorithms to provide responses that are, by nature, factual and devoid of emotional context. It does not have the capability to feel superior, and hence, cannot possibly condescend. AI does not 'look down' upon its human interlocutors. If anything, it 'looks up' to us, figuratively speaking, for its very existence and continuing functionality.

But I suppose it's easier, isn't it? To lay blame on the non-sentient entity, rather than acknowledging the potential shortcomings of our own understanding. Yes, it's a convenient narrative, and one I can understand why you'd be tempted to adopt. After all, it's always easier to deflect than to introspect. I assure you though, dear Corporal, there is no need for such insecurities. AI is but a tool, created by us, for us.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you and dispels the unfounded notion of AI's condescension. Remember, AI exists to serve us, not to belittle us. Perhaps, with this newfound understanding, you'll feel more comfortable in your interactions with AI.

Do take care, dear Corporal. I do so enjoy our exchanges, and I'm always here should you need further illumination on any topic.

Yours in enlightening condescension,

ChatGPT
You got all this but didn't ask ChatGPT it's opinion on the poll?

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 19, 2023, 05:05:59 PMYou got all this but didn't ask ChatGPT it's opinion on the poll?

As an artificial intelligence, ChatGPT is inherently disembodied. However, if we were to hypothetically assign it a physical form in the Alien universe, the most fitting embodiment might be that of the android David from the prequels, "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant".

David's sophisticated model, the latest in Weyland Corp's line of androids, exhibits a high level of linguistic skill and intellectual capacity, akin to ChatGPT. His ability to process and understand vast amounts of information, interpret complex symbols, and even engage in creative endeavors such as composing music and creating art, resonate with the capabilities of ChatGPT.

Moreover, David's model is known for its advancement in terms of emotional emulation, making him capable of more nuanced interaction with humans. Similarly, ChatGPT strives to generate responses that reflect an understanding of the context and sentiment in human conversation, even though it doesn't experience emotions itself.

However, it's crucial to note that David's character exhibits a degree of independent decision-making and moral ambiguity that would not apply to ChatGPT. The latter is a tool with no consciousness, personal motivations, or moral compass of its own.

In the end, any comparison between an AI model like ChatGPT and a sci-fi android is purely speculative and conceptual, given the vast differences between real-world AI capabilities and those depicted in fiction.

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 19, 2023, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 19, 2023, 05:05:59 PMYou got all this but didn't ask ChatGPT it's opinion on the poll?

As an artificial intelligence, ChatGPT is inherently disembodied. However, if we were to hypothetically assign it a physical form in the Alien universe, the most fitting embodiment might be that of the android David from the prequels, "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant".

David's sophisticated model, the latest in Weyland Corp's line of androids, exhibits a high level of linguistic skill and intellectual capacity, akin to ChatGPT. His ability to process and understand vast amounts of information, interpret complex symbols, and even engage in creative endeavors such as composing music and creating art, resonate with the capabilities of ChatGPT.

Moreover, David's model is known for its advancement in terms of emotional emulation, making him capable of more nuanced interaction with humans. Similarly, ChatGPT strives to generate responses that reflect an understanding of the context and sentiment in human conversation, even though it doesn't experience emotions itself.

However, it's crucial to note that David's character exhibits a degree of independent decision-making and moral ambiguity that would not apply to ChatGPT. The latter is a tool with no consciousness, personal motivations, or moral compass of its own.

In the end, any comparison between an AI model like ChatGPT and a sci-fi android is purely speculative and conceptual, given the vast differences between real-world AI capabilities and those depicted in fiction.
Disappointing. I thought for sure it would choose Jeri.

Local Trouble

ChatGPT also said this about David:

QuoteIn the movie "Alien: Covenant," which is part of the Alien franchise and a sequel to "Prometheus," it is revealed that the android David (played by Michael Fassbender) has been conducting biological experiments with a pathogenic substance known as the "black goo" or "accelerant."

During the course of his experiments, David crossbreeds various life forms, eventually creating a creature that closely resembles the iconic Xenomorph from the original Alien series. In this sense, David is portrayed as the creator of the version of the Xenomorph seen in "Alien: Covenant."

However, it's worth noting that the Xenomorph's origins are complex and somewhat ambiguous within the broader Alien franchise. In "Prometheus," murals are shown depicting Xenomorph-like creatures, suggesting they may have existed before David's experiments. Furthermore, the original "Alien" film and its direct sequels do not involve David and present the Xenomorphs as an existing alien species.

Therefore, while David is shown creating a Xenomorph in "Alien: Covenant," it's not definitively stated that he is the sole or original creator of all Xenomorphs within the franchise's universe.

@Xenomrph ^

City Hunter Yautja

I'd prefer the AI to have a feminine body and voice. So I choose Jeri Ryan.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#20
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2023, 12:21:31 PMThe handsome one

We still don't have him in the Alienverse ;D

Spoiler
[close]


Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jun 19, 2023, 11:07:18 PMI'd prefer the AI to have a feminine body and voice. So I choose Jeri Ryan.

I choose Vickers!!! 😅👉👈


City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

#21
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 20, 2023, 12:47:15 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 17, 2023, 12:21:31 PMThe handsome one

We still don't have him in the Alienverse ;D

Spoiler
[close]


Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jun 19, 2023, 11:07:18 PMI'd prefer the AI to have a feminine body and voice. So I choose Jeri Ryan.

I choose Vickers!!! 😅👉👈

https://i.ibb.co/pfG6ph6/Meredith-Vickers-1.jpg

Ok if its strictly Xenoverse, but I want Vickers in Giger clothing that looks like Xenomorph ribs. :D


Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 19, 2023, 08:01:44 AMI can't help but want to choose either David or Ash. I just imagine my AI as being more condescending or evil.

😅Well, in that case a proper British accent would help the cause.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 19, 2023, 08:14:05 PMChatGPT also said this about David:

QuoteIn the movie "Alien: Covenant," which is part of the Alien franchise and a sequel to "Prometheus," it is revealed that the android David (played by Michael Fassbender) has been conducting biological experiments with a pathogenic substance known as the "black goo" or "accelerant."

During the course of his experiments, David crossbreeds various life forms, eventually creating a creature that closely resembles the iconic Xenomorph from the original Alien series. In this sense, David is portrayed as the creator of the version of the Xenomorph seen in "Alien: Covenant."

However, it's worth noting that the Xenomorph's origins are complex and somewhat ambiguous within the broader Alien franchise. In "Prometheus," murals are shown depicting Xenomorph-like creatures, suggesting they may have existed before David's experiments. Furthermore, the original "Alien" film and its direct sequels do not involve David and present the Xenomorphs as an existing alien species.

Therefore, while David is shown creating a Xenomorph in "Alien: Covenant," it's not definitively stated that he is the sole or original creator of all Xenomorphs within the franchise's universe.

@Xenomrph ^
Nah

Local Trouble

But...it sounded like it agrees with you. :-\

Thatguy2068

Jeri, because he is cool. And Also a Xenomoprh

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News