Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw

Started by TilotnyWorshiper28, Jan 19, 2023, 10:42:22 PM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 3) - Alien: Thaw (Read 38,527 times)

Engineer

Engineer

#16
Yea that's why I never really understood marvel's "it's an ongoing series" approach. It really isn't an on going series, since each story arc is its own setting and cast of characters, etc. it's no different than dark horse's "limited series" approach in general.

Rhino Alien

Rhino Alien

#17
Impressed with the cover art. While the alien is there, you first notice the mountains and desolate landscape. Establishes the setting very well, up front.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Engineer on Jan 27, 2023, 09:05:10 PMYea that's why I never really understood marvel's "it's an ongoing series" approach. It really isn't an on going series, since each story arc is its own setting and cast of characters, etc. it's no different than dark horse's "limited series" approach in general.

It really isn't. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm in agreement about just giving these things actual titles to make it easier on folk.

Engineer

Engineer

#19
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2023, 07:23:25 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jan 27, 2023, 09:05:10 PMYea that's why I never really understood marvel's "it's an ongoing series" approach. It really isn't an on going series, since each story arc is its own setting and cast of characters, etc. it's no different than dark horse's "limited series" approach in general.

It really isn't. And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm in agreement about just giving these things actual titles to make it easier on folk.

They have titles. They just don't put it on the cover until the TPB which is annoying. The title is typically on the inside.

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, I mean giving them titles on the actual covers.

Chieftain Suom

Chieftain Suom

#21
The next Alien series, set to be released on Alien day this year will be titled Alien: Thaw.

Amazon posted the TPB here: https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-VOL-Alien-Jefte-Palo/dp/1302947664/ref=sr_1_20?crid=196NXAUVPEDBP&keywords=alien&qid=1678473814&s=books&sprefix=alien%2Cstripbooks%2C109&sr=1-20


Also, where's the Maleev variant cover reveal?? I hope they don't brand it with the same 20th Century Studios design they're giving issue 2 of Predator: The Preserve.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 10, 2023, 06:50:38 PMThe next Alien series, set to be released on Alien day this year will be titled Alien: Thaw.

Amazon posted the TPB here: https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-VOL-Alien-Jefte-Palo/dp/1302947664/ref=sr_1_20?crid=196NXAUVPEDBP&keywords=alien&qid=1678473814&s=books&sprefix=alien%2Cstripbooks%2C109&sr=1-20


Also, where's the Maleev variant cover reveal?? I hope they don't brand it with the same 20th Century Studios design they're giving issue 2 of Predator: The Preserve.
they will the  imprint that marvel is publishing alien predator and planet of the apes under  ....

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Mar 11, 2023, 07:21:44 PM
Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 10, 2023, 06:50:38 PMThe next Alien series, set to be released on Alien day this year will be titled Alien: Thaw.

Amazon posted the TPB here: https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-VOL-Alien-Jefte-Palo/dp/1302947664/ref=sr_1_20?crid=196NXAUVPEDBP&keywords=alien&qid=1678473814&s=books&sprefix=alien%2Cstripbooks%2C109&sr=1-20


Also, where's the Maleev variant cover reveal?? I hope they don't brand it with the same 20th Century Studios design they're giving issue 2 of Predator: The Preserve.
they will the  imprint that marvel is publishing alien predator and planet of the apes under  ....

I know.. I just hope they don't give them the same 20th Century cover design they are giving the Predator comics. It makes them look like baseball cards haha


Corporal Hicks

It's just the confused way Marvel do these things. We'll have to see what they label Icarcus on the spine. Will they call it 3 or 1? It's the third series, but the 1st under that creative team, and they reset the numbering for each creative team.

Just put actual arc titles on the single covers please, Marvel. Please!

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Mar 11, 2023, 09:00:49 PM
Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 10, 2023, 06:50:38 PMAmazon posted the TPB here: https://www.amazon.com/ALIEN-VOL-Alien-Jefte-Palo/dp/1302947664/ref=sr_1_20?crid=196NXAUVPEDBP&keywords=alien&qid=1678473814&s=books&sprefix=alien%2Cstripbooks%2C109&sr=1-20
And the title is:
ALIEN VOL. 1: THAW (Alien, 4)

So it's volume 1, but it's also volume 4.

Derp.

Haha THAW will be vol 1 of a new storyline, separate from Bloodlines-Icarus, BUT will also be the 4th series released by Marvel.. Come on! How far are that going to go with this like 5 years on?

I only collect the individual issues but does anyone have the Bloodlines or Revival TPBs to see what's it's officialy called in the publication information blurb inside the book? Is it really published as Alien Vol. 1: Bloodlines? Or is it just Alien: Bloodlines?

The Corporal is right. Marvel just needs to put the series subtitle on the covers like they did with Aftermath.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like no-one posted the solicitations for #2
Spoiler


QuoteTalbot Engineering Inc. is under new management, but the organization's brilliant chief scientist, Batya Zhan, is not willing to give up her coded work to this unexpected threat without a fight. Over at Zhan's dig site, the intruders drill into the ice of the moon colony's surface only to discover hundreds of dark, black, frozen bodies. With daylight quickly dwindling away, it's anyone's guess what horrors will emerge in the black of night and from the cold of the ice.
[close]

https://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-comics-may-2023-solicitations/

Chieftain Suom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 12, 2023, 07:57:23 PMLooks like no-one posted the solicitations for #2
Spoiler


QuoteTalbot Engineering Inc. is under new management, but the organization's brilliant chief scientist, Batya Zhan, is not willing to give up her coded work to this unexpected threat without a fight. Over at Zhan's dig site, the intruders drill into the ice of the moon colony's surface only to discover hundreds of dark, black, frozen bodies. With daylight quickly dwindling away, it's anyone's guess what horrors will emerge in the black of night and from the cold of the ice.
[close]

https://www.comicsbeat.com/marvel-comics-may-2023-solicitations/

Good call! And #3 solicitation should be out in the next couple weeks! Also, I like the name Talbot Engineering. And that cover of who I assume is Batya is so good.

Chieftain Suom

Alien: Thaw #3 solicit released and Alex Maleev variant revealed for issue #1

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien:_Thaw?file=Alien_Thaw_1_Maleev_var.png

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News