Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 11,264 times)

SiL

"Could have". Nothing but speculation.

BlueMarsalis79

Nobody wants the Aliens from Resurrection to continue on either, that's a no go, that's why everything sidesteps that film.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Neila on Dec 08, 2023, 09:06:07 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Dec 08, 2023, 08:11:24 AMFor me, what's notable isn't so much Ripley's presence but issues raised by the prequels and inserted events like the game. For example, it was assumed by some that the special order from the company emerged from the general policy of monetizing finds and secretly doing so by making assets and personnel expendable, but now it turns out to have emerged, together with using synths to do their work, because of the prequels. That, in turn, ruins the argument that by the time the second movie took place the company for some reason didn't care and/or didn't know about the aliens.

Similarly, we're not certain what happened at the end of the Isolation game. It's as if there's an effective coverup at the end of each story, such that it appears that most don't know what's going on except for a few within the company. I wonder if the same thing will happen for this feature.

And that's also the reason why I'm a bit worried about the series.
If the things are on Earth and the story takes place before the Ripley Story, then I'd like to know how they are going to explain it sensibly.
At the moment I'm assuming that they ignore the plot of the films and that would be a no go for me.
just take the events from A4.
and continues the tradition of survivors from the previous film dying. The Auriga had a crash, but a few alien eggs can be recovered.
Ripley has now died because the alien and human genes have collapsed or alternatively: she is shot by company soldiers with the words: "It would have been better if you had stayed dead!".
Jonah, Fries and Call have run away and can no longer be found.
and now we have the beasts on earth... ;)
(and please make the design old school again)
Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2023, 08:13:32 AMThe prequels don't say any of what you just said about the special order.
I think on a special of the Bluray version of Covenant, Weyland Yutani is in contact with David and the Special Order could have emerged from his reports

I think the movie will be set between the first two movies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien:_Romulus

QuoteIt is a standalone installment in the Alien franchise and the ninth film overall, set between the events of Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986).

According to one source (and I think it's authorized, together with others, by the franchise holders), the special orders emerged from the events that took place during the prequels:

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Order_937

QuoteThe 900 series of special corporate orders were introduced by Weyland Corp in 2095 in response to the Prometheus expedition, when it was realized the actions of human crew members could potentially deny the company opportunities to acquire extraterrestrial technologies or biological specimens.[1] The orders ensure that any synthetic crew member(s) would prioritize the recovery of alien samples over any other considerations. While the orders themselves remained highly classified due to their potential implications, a clause requiring commercial crews to investigate any possible intelligent alien life — thereby increasing the chances of bringing them into situations where the orders would be activated — were added to company contracts in 2101.[1] The Weyland-Yutani Corporation continued to implement such special orders following its formation in 2099. 

I forgot to add that the idea of reboots and retcons appears to be emerging, and started with the prequels. The possible reason is that most expected viewers are young and have never heard of or seen the first four movies, which means production design, screenplay, casting, etc., will be inspired by the prequels, in turn inspired by the Marvelization of the industry.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 08, 2023, 11:54:01 AMNobody wants the Aliens from Resurrection to continue on either, that's a no go, that's why everything sidesteps that film.

That reminds me of plans for the fifth movie that might have bypassed the third and fourth:

https://screenrant.com/alien-5-movie-plan-cancellation-neill-blomkamp-details/

QuoteThough Alien: Xeno was cut short early in its development, Alien fans did receive a significant amount of insight into how Blomkamp's movie would have altered the series. Concept art of Alien: Xeno would have not only seen Ripley return but also the return of Michael Biehn's Hicks and an older Newt, presumably retconning their off-screen deaths in Alien 3 and diverging the franchise's narrative into a new continuity. Even with old favorite characters returned, the concept art also featured new types of Xenomorphs, a jungle setting, new mercenary group factions, and deadly new androids.

BlueMarsalis79

ralfy

QuoteNobody wants the Aliens from Resurrection to continue on either, that's a no go, that's why everything sidesteps that film.

Nobody wants to see the creatures in the fourth movie, so they don't want to make a sequel to that.

https://screenrant.com/alien-5-movie-plan-cancellation-neill-blomkamp-details/

Sidesteps not only the fourth but even the third movie, but includes new creatures, new groups of people (like the fourth movie), etc.

Neila

With my last entry I only meant Noah Hawley's series and how they bring the creatures to earth.
According to the official statement, the series takes place before Scott's first film, so my "idea" is completely invalid anyway.
I just wanted to show how it could have been done to create a relatively plausible appearance of the aliens on Earth.
And I definitely don't want the creatures from A4, AVP, AVP-R again, that's why I said "old school".
Maybe they have a good idea to implement it, but I'm very afraid that they're not sticking to the canon with the series or that the series could somehow be counted as part of it.

SiL

The TV series may not be set before the first movie. It's definitely a possibility but they have also considered just changing the date.

Neila

Let's hope they don't screw it up

ralfy

I'll look for the official site. For now, we only have this, which was shared earlier:

"'Alien: Romulus' Star Cailee Spaeny Confirms New Entry Is Set Between the First Two Films"

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/alien-romulus-set-between-first-two-cailee-spaeny-1235810521/

Bojo

They should base the appearance of the Aliens/xenos on the 90's KENNER toy line.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed