Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement!

Started by RIP77, Nov 28, 2023, 01:06:24 AM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Confirms Alien: Romulus Timeline Setting and Effects Studio Involvement! (Read 11,240 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 06, 2023, 07:18:19 PMOn that note:

https://twitter.com/steveasbell/status/1595510390460497920

Exactly what I'm saying. They've got lots going on behind the scenes. While they're not ran by all the same people and different teams, it's all one IP. They all likely are talking.

ralfy

Quote from: DaveT937 on Dec 06, 2023, 03:05:57 PMHow about them bumping into the Big Chap that was blasted out of the Narcissus? And that being in the vacuum of space has evolved how it looks, fitting in with what Mike has said about it being familiar yet different?

From what I remember, that was one suggestion given by readers of one sci-fi magazine after the first movie came out for the sequel: Ripley is rescued by personnel in a space station, and the creature survives and enters one of the shafts with a malfunctioning hatch or something like that.

Mike’s Monsters

I remember that one. I've always speculated that the Queens from Aliens and AvP could still be around, and Big Chap too. Floating out forever. But since they're such ALIEN creatures, the vacuum of space or the depths of the ocean never kill them. It adds to their mysterious biology.

DaveT937

DaveT937

It's surely that or a little sojourn to LV-426 for our group of pioneers?!

Mike’s Monsters

Much like the prequels didn't use LV-426, I'm of the belief that the xenomorph could be out there somewhere else. While Covenant's Xenos weren't exactly the same as we started with or even the original, it showed they aren't locked to LV-426. The universe is vast and full of mystery.

DaveT937

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 07, 2023, 07:45:21 AMMuch like the prequels didn't use LV-426, I'm of the belief that the xenomorph could be out there somewhere else. While Covenant's Xenos weren't exactly the same as we started with or even the original, it showed they aren't locked to LV-426. The universe is vast and full of mystery.
Yes, all highly possible. Just desperately trying to figure out the point you make about it being very immediately obviously linked to the first two films. The suspense is killing me! Ha!

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: DaveT937 on Dec 07, 2023, 08:25:48 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 07, 2023, 07:45:21 AMMuch like the prequels didn't use LV-426, I'm of the belief that the xenomorph could be out there somewhere else. While Covenant's Xenos weren't exactly the same as we started with or even the original, it showed they aren't locked to LV-426. The universe is vast and full of mystery.
Yes, all highly possible. Just desperately trying to figure out the point you make about it being very immediately obviously linked to the first two films. The suspense is killing me! Ha!

We will all find out in the coming months. The patience will be worth it I think! Before we know it, we'll be drowning in marketing for the film. It'll be a fun ride.

Neila

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 07, 2023, 08:46:17 AM
Quote from: DaveT937 on Dec 07, 2023, 08:25:48 AM

We will all find out in the coming months. The patience will be worth it I think! Before we know it, we'll be drowning in marketing for the film. It'll be a fun ride.

On the one hand, I try to find out next to nothing about it and just enjoy it completely fresh in the cinema...
On the other hand, I'm an insatiable fan and it's actually not possible to escape it.
A hyper sleeping cabin would perhaps be quite good, which could then be opened again on the day of publication  :laugh:

ralfy

I think one novel also features another LV, with events also taking place between the first and second movies. Ripley's lifeboat is recovered by another team engaged in mining and surveying on another rock but remains unconscious throughout the story.

Local Trouble

I'm glad ralfy's here to tell us these things.

Neila

To be honest, I find all the extended stories surrounding Ripley rather embarrassing. I mean, how often is this woman supposed to fight against the critters? If you look at it closely, it's already a bit questionable with Alien 3. OK, she was almost not present in one novel, but she is still brought out of the box again and again and somehow included.
There was something in a story with a direct descendant of hers. It's like the fourth part of Jaws.
That's why I don't count these stories in novels, comics and games as canon and I hope that Romulus has a good story without Ripley.
The roleplaying game is full of them.

ralfy

For me, what's notable isn't so much Ripley's presence but issues raised by the prequels and inserted events like the game. For example, it was assumed by some that the special order from the company emerged from the general policy of monetizing finds and secretly doing so by making assets and personnel expendable, but now it turns out to have emerged, together with using synths to do their work, because of the prequels. That, in turn, ruins the argument that by the time the second movie took place the company for some reason didn't care and/or didn't know about the aliens.

Similarly, we're not certain what happened at the end of the Isolation game. It's as if there's an effective coverup at the end of each story, such that it appears that most don't know what's going on except for a few within the company. I wonder if the same thing will happen for this feature.

SiL

The prequels don't say any of what you just said about the special order.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 08, 2023, 08:11:24 AMFor me, what's notable isn't so much Ripley's presence but issues raised by the prequels and inserted events like the game. For example, it was assumed by some that the special order from the company emerged from the general policy of monetizing finds and secretly doing so by making assets and personnel expendable, but now it turns out to have emerged, together with using synths to do their work, because of the prequels. That, in turn, ruins the argument that by the time the second movie took place the company for some reason didn't care and/or didn't know about the aliens.

Similarly, we're not certain what happened at the end of the Isolation game. It's as if there's an effective coverup at the end of each story, such that it appears that most don't know what's going on except for a few within the company. I wonder if the same thing will happen for this feature.

And that's also the reason why I'm a bit worried about the series.
If the things are on Earth and the story takes place before the Ripley Story, then I'd like to know how they are going to explain it sensibly.
At the moment I'm assuming that they ignore the plot of the films and that would be a no go for me.
just take the events from A4.
and continues the tradition of survivors from the previous film dying. The Auriga had a crash, but a few alien eggs can be recovered.
Ripley has now died because the alien and human genes have collapsed or alternatively: she is shot by company soldiers with the words: "It would have been better if you had stayed dead!".
Jonah, Fries and Call have run away and can no longer be found.
and now we have the beasts on earth... ;)
(and please make the design old school again)
Quote from: SiL on Dec 08, 2023, 08:13:32 AMThe prequels don't say any of what you just said about the special order.
I think on a special of the Bluray version of Covenant, Weyland Yutani is in contact with David and the Special Order could have emerged from his reports

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed