Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut

Started by Darkoo, Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut (Read 20,117 times)

Strössel

He's lying. He can't make eye contact with Toro and looking down on the ground. Also, I would argue that Ridley doesn't say 'f**king great' or swear in general.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Strössel on Oct 17, 2023, 04:15:34 PMHe's lying. He can't make eye contact with Toro and looking down on the ground. Also, I would argue that Ridley doesn't say 'f**king great' or swear in general.

Have you, uhh, seen literally any interview with the man in the last few years? :laugh: The combined The Last Duel/House of Gucci press tour period in 2021 was wild.

[cancerblack]

Yeah that's such an odd take. Riddles is like the f**king CEO of swearing lately.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Strössel on Oct 17, 2023, 04:15:34 PMHe's lying. He can't make eye contact with Toro and looking down on the ground. Also, I would argue that Ridley doesn't say 'f**king great' or swear in general.

Dude...  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

PAS Spinelli

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Alvarez should have been very concerned if Scott told him that his film was "interesting".

oduodu

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 17, 2023, 05:07:37 PMThe combined The Last Duel/House of Gucci press tour period in 2021 was wild.

Can't wait for his Napoleon World F*ck You Tour.  ;D

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Well, I for one am all-in on the hype train for this one... first we got Fede Alvarez as director (who was already on my personal wishlist to do an alien movie after his stellar handling of 'Evil Dead' (2013), long before the announcement that he actually got the gig.

Then we got that teaser set pic on Alien day showing an environment which looks like it belongs in the original trilogy (complete with attention to detail like the 'save points' from Alien Isolation, and nothing like the 'modern sci-fi' look of the prequels.

Then we saw Fede's collection of reference material, demonstrating how seriously he is taking this - all of which were exactly the source material one would hope for a director to use.

And now Ridley, who is notoriously hard to please, gives the thumbs up - some would say that's a bad thing based on the last two movies, but I'm seeing it as he has most likely been respectful to lore established in Ridley's movies...

So far everything has been positive, and no alarm bells or cause for concern... the real test will be the alien design.

I don't want to put my clown makeup on too early, but I have a gut feeling we're going to get something that feels like it belongs with the original trilogy...I have high hopes this time! 😊

Eggmorphing please Fede? 😂

Vrastal

Im excited for it.  I hope it keeps the black goo out of it and focouses on the alien but gotta wait and see

MC11

That's nice and all. But remember when James Cameron endorsed Terminator 5?   I will take this quote and sweep it to the side and just wait for the film with tempered expectations.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: MC11 on Oct 17, 2023, 06:31:49 PMThat's nice and all. But remember when James Cameron endorsed Terminator 5?   I will take this quote and sweep it to the side and just wait for the film with tempered expectations.

Maybe they can ask Neill Blomkamp for his opinion as well?

thexenomorph

Hopefully the film makes the Xenomorph exciting again. Prometheus was new and exciting. Covenant was just a retread on Xenomorphs and androids. Prometheus should have been the start of a new series unrelated to Alien. Ironic that Prometheus is much more liked by general audiences than by the Alien/horror communities. 7 IMDB score, 83% Google rating, 68% RT audience rating, that ain't bad.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

They hired Underwaters' exceptional cinematographer Galo Olivares, so that shit is highly expensive stuff right there.

I'd say Ridley doesn't say the word "f**k" without "Now change some of that stuff now!"

SiL

Where are people getting the idea Ridley don't swear like a sailor from.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed