What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 29,084 times)

thomasmariel33

Fundamentally, I want to see a means, when it comes to LV-426. This isn't necessarily a balance reference, or a stability reference, just an emotional reference, to the original Alien movie versus the dark blue of Aliens, from 1986.

In Aliens, LV-426 is depicted as much more fanciful, albeit far less terrifying. This is a wondrous depiction, alas, I want Romulus to copy Aliens, in terms of ideology if not actual blueprint.

SiL

SiL

Tom, your posts don't make much sense.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2023, 12:17:34 PMTom, your posts don't make much sense.

Much sense?

thomasmariel33

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2023, 12:17:34 PMTom, your posts don't make much sense.

Apologies; the general framework, of my desire for Romulus, is to see 426 being explained. Now, visually, this can be very interesting, because of the different depictions afforded by 1986 Aliens compared to Alien.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: thomasmariel33 on Nov 03, 2023, 01:49:14 PM

Apologies; the general framework, of my desire for Romulus, is to see 426 being explained. Now, visually, this can be very interesting, because of the different depictions afforded by 1986 Aliens compared to Alien.

I don't really see what there is to explain. It's a rocky, volcanic moon where an Engineer ship crashed.

Local Trouble

I've been wanting to say something similar in my usual tactful way.

Nightmare Asylum

"Terraformers, planet engineers. They go in, set up these big atmosphere processors to make the air breathable. Takes decades."

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 02, 2023, 06:24:56 PMI never want to see LV-426 ever again.

The Derelict needs the House of Leaves treatment

https://youtube.com/shorts/YDxEEresh6A

#cosmichorror🤘

thomasmariel33

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Nov 03, 2023, 02:45:54 PM

I don't really see what there is to explain. It's a rocky, volcanic moon where an Engineer ship crashed.

I mean, an act of loyalty, by Romulus to either Alien or Aliens. So what I mean, is that relative to the different visual depictions, of 426, between 1979 and 1986, the new movie will visually and atmospherically align itself with one or the other. Morally, although I recognise that this is a curious word to employ, I would argue that Alien 1979 is the correct ideology of 426's visual and atmospheric allure

SiL

SiL

Not to yuck anyone's yum, but writing every post like you're padding out the word count of your PhD thesis is not conducive to lively discussion.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2023, 08:45:29 PMNot to yuck anyone's yum, but writing every post like you're padding out the word count of your PhD thesis is not conducive to lively discussion.

While your observation that the proclivity for verbosity could dampen the spirited exchange of dialogue is astutely noted, I must, with respectful dissent, advocate for the ornate tapestry of language that, while occasionally bordering on the sesquipedalian, enriches our discourse. Our discussions, a veritable symposium of varied intellects, surely gain rather than lose their luster from the multiplicity of expressive styles, even those that may mimic the grandiloquence of academia. Thus, I submit that the fervor of our dialogues is not quelled by an abundance of words but is, instead, kindled into greater vivacity by the very diversity of our verbal palette.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 03, 2023, 08:56:38 PMWhile your observation that the proclivity for verbosity could dampen the spirited exchange of dialogue is astutely noted, I must, with respectful dissent, advocate for the ornate tapestry of language that, while occasionally bordering on the sesquipedalian, enriches our discourse. Our discussions, a veritable symposium of varied intellects, surely gain rather than lose their luster from the multiplicity of expressive styles, even those that may mimic the grandiloquence of academia. Thus, I submit that the fervor of our dialogues is not quelled by an abundance of words but is, instead, kindled into greater vivacity by the very diversity of our verbal palette.
Regretfully I must inform that I am myself encumbered by a distinct sentiment that such manner of discourse is, truthfully, but with all due respect to relevant parties, somewhat morally repugnant; for it imposes upon others, encumbering participants in the conversation with the undue, unwarranted, and dare I say unwanted task of extracting substance; whereas to talk in the common tongue, vulgar as it may be to the sensibilities of some, imposes nothing upon others and instead permits the simple and enthusiastic transmission of thoughts and feelings; and in so doing, all may freely participate in discourse.

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2023, 09:10:27 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 03, 2023, 08:56:38 PMWhile your observation that the proclivity for verbosity could dampen the spirited exchange of dialogue is astutely noted, I must, with respectful dissent, advocate for the ornate tapestry of language that, while occasionally bordering on the sesquipedalian, enriches our discourse. Our discussions, a veritable symposium of varied intellects, surely gain rather than lose their luster from the multiplicity of expressive styles, even those that may mimic the grandiloquence of academia. Thus, I submit that the fervor of our dialogues is not quelled by an abundance of words but is, instead, kindled into greater vivacity by the very diversity of our verbal palette.
Regretfully I must inform that I am myself encumbered by a distinct sentiment that such manner of discourse is, truthfully, but with all due respect to relevant parties, somewhat morally repugnant; for it imposes upon others, encumbering participants in the conversation with the undue, unwarranted, and dare I say unwanted task of extracting substance; whereas to talk in the common tongue, vulgar as it may be to the sensibilities of some, imposes nothing upon others and instead permits the simple and enthusiastic transmission of thoughts and feelings; and in so doing, all may freely participate in discourse.

How big is that tincan of vocabulary you got there? Is it  written on speech cards like this?

SiL

SiL

Yeah nah pretty big ay.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: thomasmariel33 on Nov 03, 2023, 06:36:07 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Nov 03, 2023, 02:45:54 PM

I mean, an act of loyalty, by Romulus to either Alien or Aliens. So what I mean, is that relative to the different visual depictions, of 426, between 1979 and 1986, the new movie will visually and atmospherically align itself with one or the other. Morally, although I recognise that this is a curious word to employ, I would argue that Alien 1979 is the correct ideology of 426's visual and atmospheric allure

"Ash, MU/TH/UR has translated part of that transmission, it doesn't look like an S.O.S... it *looks* like a "notice me senpai"... I'm going to correct it."

"What's the point? I mean.. by the time you've finished typing, we'll know if it's another Ralfy or not, yes?"

🫠

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed