Question about forum rules.

Started by Xeros Kore, Feb 24, 2010, 08:20:26 PM

Author
Question about forum rules. (Read 815 times)

Xeros Kore

Xeros Kore

I recently received a warning because a topic I posted was similar to another topic.  The message stated that I should have used the search engine and should avoid making new topics if they are similar to the old topic.  There is also a rule regarding not posting in old topics, and the topic mine was merged with had not been posted in since Jan 7th.

What is the time window that we should resurrect a topic within?  I'm only asking as I would like to follow the rules, and would prefer not to get banned  :-\

ikarop

ikarop

Don't worry you won't get banned for such reasons, also it wasn't a warning, just a notification. You can post in threads that are relative old, 1 month or so is not old at all  :).

Xeros Kore

Xeros Kore

ah, okay.  thanks for the info  :D

as a rule of thumb, i would probably say maybe don't bring back threads as old as 6 months, or maybe less if you search and the thread you want to bring back only had a couple of posts,

i think on the whole it would always be better to bring back an old thread rather than start a new one.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 09, 2010, 11:53:21 AM
as a rule of thumb, i would probably say maybe don't bring back threads as old as 6 months, or maybe less if you search and the thread you want to bring back only had a couple of posts,

i think on the whole it would always be better to bring back an old thread rather than start a new one.
Yer I agree. Or past page say 5 or something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed