Prey Score Releases on August 5th

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Aug 01, 2022, 10:51:09 PM

Author
Prey Score Releases on August 5th (Read 9,294 times)

Some Old Dude

The Predator Instinct track is absolutely superb.

SisterJill

There's definitely a spin on the percussion part of the Predator theme on that one, I love it

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yeah I was wrong, the Predator theme is definitely there, just subtle.

tristan

tristan

can hear a little bit of the predator theme in it  it's just sounds more threatening and creepy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 05, 2022, 07:10:20 AMYeah I was wrong, the Predator theme is definitely there, just subtle.

Which track?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 05, 2022, 07:56:41 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 05, 2022, 07:10:20 AMYeah I was wrong, the Predator theme is definitely there, just subtle.

Which track?

Predator Instinct at about 1:35

Corporal Hicks

Ah, the title sequence. That makes sense. It's there around 30 seconds with the strings too. That's a really f**king cool take on it actually. That was quite subtle.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Hope we get a VINYL, release.

Currently, have Predator 1,2,alien,aliens,Prometheus on VINYL.

germanator2

Gonna be watching the movie this weekend, but dipped into some of the scores for a listen, and I really like em! Obviously Alan Silvestri's will always be iconic and I think trying to replicate his score wouldn't have worked. It's something I had a problem with Predators as it feels like it just lifted the score from the original and placed each track in random scenes without it actually feeling in sync with the action on screen.

Doomofman

Quote from: germanator2 on Aug 05, 2022, 09:22:55 AMGonna be watching the movie this weekend, but dipped into some of the scores for a listen, and I really like em! Obviously Alan Silvestri's will always be iconic and I think trying to replicate his score wouldn't have worked. It's something I had a problem with Predators as it feels like it just lifted the score from the original and placed each track in random scenes without it actually feeling in sync with the action on screen.
I totally agree, the score fit the movie. I think if they had gone with something similar to Predator or Predator 2 it would have been really out of place

Xenomorphine

This was great music.

I don't purchase individual digital tracks, I only get physical CDs. So, really want this to be available in that format.

ace3g

PredBabe

PredBabe

I think there was some missed opportunities with the use of the score in this movie.

I get they were going for a more natural and subtle feel for certain parts of the movie but certain moments felt too quiet to me- specifically in the beginning where we see Feral on his own.

They could have utilized some more tense tribal music during these moments to build up the scenes featuring the Predator. I think it would have amplified the moments of seeing earths nature up against an alien foe (like during the snake scene or the wolf fight or when Feral is inspecting the buffalo carcass) Instead it just felt... meh?

ED-E

ED-E

I just finished watching it, the soundtrack is definitely one of my highlights from it. Made me remember how disappointed I was about the bland/generic soundtrack from my countrymen on the first AvP.

GreybackElder

Naru's Way is fantastic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed