Author
The Neomorphs (Read 88,509 times)

John Doe

John Doe

Pods and spores:

:D

Bob

Bob

Neomorphs may be a member of the xeno family, but not the progenitors. At least, not in this film. Xenomorphs have already exisited long before this movie takes place.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: i work in film on Oct 24, 2016, 10:43:05 PM
I'd like to state for the record this is absolutely not true.

And you are, sir?

Quote from: windebieste on Oct 25, 2016, 12:51:09 AM
Does anyone know if Scott played the game?  Bet he shit himself if he did and probably thought "Hell, this is good but no video game is going to outdo me like this."  The movie may well turn out to be a hybrid of 'ALIEN: Isolation' and 'Prometheus' with its own identity thrown into the mix.

Either way, I hope we get to find out what Scott thought about the game.

-Windebieste.

:laugh: Sir Scott doesn't really strike me as the kind of man who plays vidja games.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 25, 2016, 04:35:35 PM
Does anyone know if Scott played the game?  Bet he shit himself if he did and probably thought "Hell, this is good but no video game is going to outdo me like this."  The movie may well turn out to be a hybrid of 'ALIEN: Isolation' and 'Prometheus' with its own identity thrown into the mix.

-Windebieste.

:laugh: Sir Scott doesn't really strike me as the kind of man who plays vidja games.

He didn't. Isolation played no part in Covenant, unfortunately.

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 25, 2016, 04:51:58 PM

-Windebieste.

Would be nice to have a cinematic experience equivalent to the sheer horror of Isolation.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Glaive on Oct 25, 2016, 01:28:02 PM
Quote from: icedog97 on Oct 25, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
It would seem that the best way to get from creatures that appear to be mostly organic (Prometheus) to creatures that are bio-mechanical (Alien) would be to introduce a synthetic life form somewhere along the way.

So it wouldn't be surprising...although maybe a little too straightforward...if David turns out to be the father/creator of what we see in Alien.

So David is still Dr Moreau...AGAIN!

This is where I think it's going as well. But its important to note that in some way, the Xeno has existed before and that is MOST LIKELY what they are trying to show us with this NEOMORPH.

We are dealing with something larger now perhaps, that should not be explained: How life is created. We don't have these answers. So the feel I'm getting from COVENANT, based on what we know now, is that Scott wants us to imagine a universe where these Engineers have tried all kinds of stuff we cannot understand. Different chemical compounds used to terraform and give life to planets, and that these creatures, they may come in all kinds of different variations, should the slightest change be made to the structure of the goo.
What I like about that is that it restores mystery to the universe and the creatures; if instead of watching the films thinking 'Oh this is how they were made and that's that.' instead we are thinking 'There are countless mysteries to how these Engineers started all kinds of life and no telling what variation or type of organic world we may encounter next.'

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

-Windebieste.

How much do you actually know about Covenent Hicks? Not asking you to spill all the beans just wandering really. Are you waiting for further evidence before you put out any more articles like this?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 25, 2016, 06:39:44 PM

-Windebieste.

How much do you actually know about Covenent Hicks? Not asking you to spill all the beans just wandering really. Are you waiting for further evidence before you put out any more articles like this?

Yeah! How much you holding out on us Hicks?!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: CainsSon on Oct 25, 2016, 06:48:50 PM

-Windebieste.

This guy WROTE the script for Scott, we know it, don't lie Hicks! I got it all figured out. You thought Prometheus wasn't scary enough, so you wrote a horrifying monstrosity of a script which Scott absolutely adored, Fox immediately green lit the project due to your amazing talent for horror.

You also commissioned SM to do all the concept art, so you both know 100% what's coming.  :laugh:

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 25, 2016, 07:05:57 PM

-Windebieste.

This guy WROTE the script for Scott, we know it, don't lie Hicks! I got it all figured out. You thought Prometheus wasn't scary enough, so you wrote a horrifying monstrosity of a script which Scott absolutely adored, Fox immediately green lit the project due to your amazing talent for horror.

You also commissioned SM to do all the concept art, so you both know 100% what's coming.  :laugh:

A film BY the community, FOR the community. Alien:Covenant.  :P

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2016, 06:02:47 AM
That's the example I go to. The fact most shark movies haven't been scary since is pretty directly related to the fact that most aren't good to begin with.

Agreed. 'The Reef' was a pleasant surprise, in that regard.

Surprised nobody's done something similar with a school of Humboldt squid. Those things are horrifyingly aggressive.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 25, 2016, 07:05:57 PM
This guy WROTE the script for Scott, we know it, don't lie Hicks!

I wish! Though it has been sometime since I last wrote a script.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Kurai on Oct 25, 2016, 10:53:53 AM
Spoiler
I skipped over a few pages so forgive me if someone brought this up already.

I read a few posts where people were saying that they were backtreading on what has already been established, changing how the Black Goo works and decanonizing Fire & Stone... This couldn't be further from the truth.

First of all, the Neomorphs are perfectly in line with what was established in Prometheus. As was clearly stated, this is the result of Black Goo mutating local wildlife, something that was entirely absent on Lv223 apart from perhaps those worms. What we do see is Holloway infected with Black Goo and proceeding to inseminate Shaw. His "Spore" infects Shaw with the Trilobite which could very well have burst from Shaw if it had been given the chance. Is the Trilobite a Neomorph? No. From what I can gather, the Neomorphs originate from a Black Goo mutated variant of local flora rather than a human so differences are quite acceptable in result of "cross polination". This all fits perfectly with Prometheus.

As for Fire and Stone... Lv223's Black Goo Monsters are the result of natural evolution accelerated by Black Goo on a planet totally absent of life outside of what was introduced by humans and the little Worms. We can also include alien micro-organisms that may have been spread by the awakened Engineer. The Spore Bearers, or whatever we want to call them, on Paradise are the result of an already established ecosystem becoming infected by the Black Goo and, as I stated in the above paragraph, as that matches with the effects in Prometheus it can match with the effects in Fire and Stone.

There's also the case of the unknown "Terraforming Device" discovered in the Engineer ruins during Fire and Stone. I don't have the issue with me right now, unfortunatly, but IIRC  it is stated that it is both an atmosphere generator as well as a biological seed injector working in tandem with the Black Goo.

Nothing has been invalidated, the EU is fine.  :)
[close]

You are reframing the previous info using the current info to make it fit. And it doesnt really. The snake showed a completely different weird cylce of worm, snake, monster/alien, to the one from that ended in Shaw. Liquid, man, woman, thing, alien.

Like i said, the liquid seems to have been created for the writers to come up with the stories as they like. Apparently, egg, facehugger, chestbuster, alien, was a bit limiting when it came to their imagination.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

-Windebieste.

Ve have vays of making ze talk Herr Corporal.

But I guess the bit about Ridley not having played Isolation might be from the Wayne interview, since it is not classified/NDA information as far as I'm aware?

windebieste

windebieste

From what I can appreciate about Scott, he has little regard for video games. 

Hypothetically, I'm just wondering if someone has come up to him and said "Hey, guess what, Ridley?  That new ALIEN game is actually quite good. You should try it."  I'd imagine Scott's reply would be something along the lines of "Meh.  It's just a video game.  It's got no real artistic content or merit compared to MY movie! but, well, I'll try it anyway".

The next day, Scott stumbles into his office, shaking and screaming, still tightly clutching onto a PS4 controller in his white knuckled fist. "Those f**kers aren't getting away with making a video game that's scarier than MY MOVIE, DAMMIT! I refuse to be outdone by a video game! I'm gon make 'ALIEN: Covenant' be shit yer pants scary!" 

That's what I envisage may have happened, well, sorta.

lol.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed