Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 59,171 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Terx2 on May 05, 2013, 03:55:36 AM
Quote from: SuperM on May 04, 2013, 05:46:13 PM

Spoiler
I'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy.
[close]

Perfect :laugh:

Oh how could we be so blind and fall for all his lies. At least Burke got what he deserved. What will pitchford get?

I hope they learn something from this. I really do.
Pfffffffffffffffft. Doubt it.  :-\

Grey_Yautja

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 05, 2013, 04:01:54 AM

Spoiler
I'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy.
[close]

Oh how could we be so blind and fall for all his lies. At least Burke got what he deserved. What will pitchford get?

If there's one thing time has shown us again and again, it's that these guys never learn.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Trilobite tentacle rape.

Or

Predalien rape.

your pick.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Cal427eb on May 05, 2013, 04:01:54 AM

Spoiler
[close]

fixed
QuoteI'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy.

szkoki

szkoki

The real fun fact here: GBX never delivered anything superb, admit it Borderlands is not a history in the making and GBX cheated already with Duke Nukem and so on...SO basicly they reputation is kinda low...and now they proudly say, dont give an F about they showed something else in the demos to their customers. Why not take the blame at least to maintain honor so they could sell anything yet in the future? They not just cheaters but blatant idiots. No one will hire them as developers imo...well umm maybe another blatant idiot developer would trust with his money in them.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: szkoki on May 05, 2013, 04:14:27 PM
The real fun fact here: GBX never delivered anything superb, admit it Borderlands is not a history in the making and GBX cheated already with Duke Nukem and so on...SO basicly they reputation is kinda low...and now they proudly say, dont give an F about they showed something else in the demos to their customers. Why not take the blame at least to maintain honor so they could sell anything yet in the future? They not just cheaters but blatant idiots. No one will hire them as developers imo...well umm maybe another blatant idiot developer would trust with his money in them.
I disagree over Borderlands, especially Borderlands 2 which is pretty well awesome, especially in the writing department.

Clearly different writers there than with A:CM.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on May 05, 2013, 10:19:20 PM
I disagree over Borderlands, especially Borderlands 2 which is pretty well awesome, especially in the writing department.

Clearly different writers there than with A:CM.

I found BL1 pretty underwhelming, I was hoping for a good story, there really wasn't one. When compared to a game like bioshock it just didn't stand up for me, I played through the whole thing with my flatmate and for a coop game it was passable, army of 2 40th day was much better in the coop department though.

Haven't played BL2, don't have as much time as I used to so will skip it out of spite for the massive fail on ACM.

szkoki

szkoki

here u go gbx one fan minus, just deny everything, act like a little kid, still everyone knows what u did, your not gonna sell anything, spineless idiots, just wait...

karma awaits, u will see

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: szkoki on May 05, 2013, 11:55:01 PM
here u go gbx one fan minus

btw i dont mind about stealing money or tormenting this franchise and giving us crap..no! thats still acceptable for me, but at least dont try to make me look stupid, okay gbx?! this attitude really pisses me off, not gonna buy from u anything if u think im an idiot who wont care about the fact, that u dont care about  we saw and we know we were fooled by u and you just say "shut up it was a work in progress we are untouchable"...

karma awaits, u will see
Come on. Use your grammar.

szkoki

szkoki

my country's english tertiary educational system is another story

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2013, 08:29:27 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2013, 08:18:22 PM
Maybe the judge will be playing the campaign solo on "ultimate badass" while the jury is sequestered to 6v6 TDM.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f5105a7c80c0b8b5f0e4d8502345ec69/tumblr_mkceulDxro1r2phzmo2_400.gif
OMG!!! ROFLMAO XD

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

This never gets mentioned, but did everyone's memories just drop sharply while I was away?

They played two f**king hours of the game live on IGN before release. The entire beginning of the game, exactly as it was in the final product, for everyone to see.

If that doesn't more than cover their ass, I don't know what does.

I'm glad this lawsuit is out there, if anything just to bring attention to this and make others think twice before deciding to follow practices like the ones used, but I don't really think it will get anywhere other than that. Gearbox can just say "we had some unexpected development problems, things changed, and we decided to show the final product before release."

Now if it gets deeper and probes the money paid to Gearbox for the game and how it was handled, that should add a lot of weight to the claims made by the group pursuing the suit.

Pursuit of the suit.. .. suiting, pursuits in suits. Um.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Nothing will come of this. A whole waste of time by idiots trying to be a hero.

GBX and Sega are right: it is meritless.

Nutlink

Nutlink

I beg to differ.  Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, and Half-Life Opposing Force were all awesome games.   I even had a blast with Borderlands 1 and 2, but I think that's mostly because there's very few decent coop games out there these days.  Still, they're not even close to an awesome dev team IMO, especially since Pitchford has been a complete ass since they ported Halo to the PC.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Nutlink on May 06, 2013, 11:17:26 PM
I beg to differ.  Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, and Half-Life Opposing Force were all awesome games.   I even had a blast with Borderlands 1 and 2, but I think that's mostly because there's very few decent coop games out there these days.  Still, they're not even close to an awesome dev team IMO, especially since Pitchford has been a complete ass since they ported Halo to the PC.
Valve kept close eyes on Gearbox. That's why. If there is no overseer on them, look at what happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed