Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 59,165 times)

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

lol meritless.

lol work in progress.

I think gear box forgot the part where it was advertised in the demo that it was made from 100% in game footage.

Hudson

Hudson

These turds need to be held responsible for something.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Nazrel on May 01, 2013, 04:19:00 AM
I wonder what crap Pitchford is going to pull out of his butt on this one.
His head? lol

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on May 03, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
His head? lol

lmao

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 03, 2013, 11:23:26 AM
Bungie's case was different in which not only was it not able to be achieved within the game but it didn't fit the Halo style of play; it was basically a session of scripted events. What we got in the game, spread across two levels was far better from a gameplay standpoint. Not to mention that not long after the demo they disclosed it as removed in favor of more achievable and fitting portions. Thing about Colonial Marines is that it's a drastic downgrade in every regard down to the visual fidelity-- they had no stylistic quota to live up to, just a rendered space to jerk the analog sticks around in.

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 02, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
4:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QoJeywvbt0#
Spoiler

"If you believe that everything you're doing is the greatest thing ever all the time, it's absolutely not going to be the greatest thing ever."
-Jason Jones, Bungie

"[Overly excited, blatantly lying, PR massaging bullshit]"
-Randy Pitchford, Gearbox
[close]

That spoiler tag is absolutely perfect. Everyone needs to click it.

Predaker

Predaker

Maybe the judge will be playing the campaign solo on "ultimate badass" while the jury is sequestered to 6v6 TDM.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2013, 08:18:22 PM
Maybe the judge will be playing the campaign solo on "ultimate badass" while the jury is sequestered to 6v6 TDM.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on May 03, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
His head? lol

Perfect response.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2013, 08:29:27 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 03, 2013, 08:18:22 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f5105a7c80c0b8b5f0e4d8502345ec69/tumblr_mkceulDxro1r2phzmo2_400.gif

Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2013, 05:02:24 AM
The Demo was confirmed not to be made with the game at all, don't you folks remember?

But the final product isn't supposed to look inferior to the demos. Both Gameplay wise and graphically. And it was claimed to be in-game too what they showed off.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: ikarop on May 03, 2013, 06:15:22 AM
Quote from: Gate on May 03, 2013, 05:02:24 AM
The Demo was confirmed not to be made with the game at all, don't you folks remember?
Indeed. I recall it being mentioned in some interviews, etc... And as I've said before, I remember mentioning it too back in 2011.

This is an excerpt from AvPG's interview with GBX in 2012: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-colonial-marines-sega/interview-gearbox-software/

Quote from: Gearbox SoftwareWhat's been shown of the campaign thus far represents a very small part of the overall game. With what we showed at E3 2011, the intent was to highlight as many different aspects of the campaign as possible within the allotted time: atmosphere and tension, gameplay, co-op, sentry guns, etc.

While that demonstration was comprised of things that are in the game, the campaign is a bit more nuanced in terms of pacing.
Problem is that it was confusing for people because it was purposely omitted from all official promotional material at the time:

Quote from: Randy PitchfordThis is really kind of a big moment for us because, you know, we haven't shown the game in action before. And, so you're gonna see what the game actually looks like. Not just screenshots, but the actual gameplay. (...) And that is a quick taste of Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's a section of act 2 of the game.
And yet, they kept using demo footage for TV commercial all that without revealing the final build. No excuse for that. It is indeed fraud. If they revealed final build before release, people would be disappointed, but would not have gone this far.

SuperM

SuperM

Spoiler
I'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy.
[close]

Origin

Origin

Quote from: SuperM on May 04, 2013, 05:46:13 PM

Spoiler
I'm Pitchford. Randy Pitchford. I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy.
[close]

Hah, well done.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Spoiler
[close]

I LOL'd. Good job.

Terx2

Terx2

Spoiler
[close]

Perfect :laugh:

Oh how could we be so blind and fall for all his lies. At least Burke got what he deserved. What will pitchford get?

I hope they learn something from this. I really do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed