Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 158,473 times)

Corporal Hicks

It's something we asked him to talk about in the interview. I really do love that mentality. Also "it's canon until it's not". And he confirmed that ACM was struck from canon. Sick of people telling me I was chatting bullshit about that one so I asked him to clarify.  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

ACM will always be canon in my heart.

I do agree that the idea of things being half-told hearsay that may or may not be true is a cool way to let people craft their own stories the way they want.

Corporal Hicks

Nightmare Asylum

I was part of a run-through of Hope's Last Day that just came to a conclusion. I really like the mechanics of this game and the way the action and story plays out. I think I might have to get a copy of the rulebook for myself, maybe run a game one day...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

j0nesy and I are going to be playing in a new scenario from Effekt Podcast on the Free League Showcase! Game starts in about 30 minutes!

And I really enjoyed that session! No idea how that was intended for convention play as it didn't feel like 3 hours was enough time either! Some incredible play for an Alien-less scenario!

And here's another thing from the Showcase.

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 22, 2020, 11:50:21 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2020, 04:29:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2020, 10:05:31 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jan 09, 2020, 08:12:50 AM
Given how deep it sounds like the lore rabbit hole goes with this, are there any mentions of places like Vega 4/New Shanghai, San Drad, Ryushi, Bunda or any other locations related to the AVP side of the Alien EU?

No.  The license was Alien/ Prometheus only and the bible that was used as one of the sources didn't contain any AvP locations.

The RPG references Odobenus Station, which is from AvPClassic.

Necro-quoting. That was a mistake. There's only a single reference to Odobenus. The other mention of a station in orbit is given a different name. Not sure if that was fixed in later printings?

Just took a look at my pdf copy of the core rules and no, that's still how it's listed; as an orbital Xenomorph research station around LV-426 in two instances, but later with that same station being named as Kathar Station a "a minor research platform maintained by a custodial staff" (it's also listed as Kathar Station on the map, with no references to Odobenus there).

That makes me wonder about Chigusa Corp being included in the list of corporations in the core rules then too, unless it also cropped up somewhere in the Alien EU without the AVP connection?

SM

Chigusa has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it reference in the Wraith comic.

Kailem

Ah, I guess that'd be it then.

Corporal Hicks

Kailem

An abandoned oil rig is such a cool setting for any type of horror game. Might have to give this a watch!

Corporal Hicks

QuoteHello! This is the official newsletter for the ALIEN tabletop RPG by Free League Publishing and 20th Century Studios.

As of today, you and your crew can explore the ALIEN universe through virtual tabletop gaming! The ALIEN RPG has now been launched on two VTT platforms: Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds.

At Roll20, you can find a virtual tabletop version of the Alien RPG Starter Set, including all the rules you need to play and the full-length cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods, written by scifi author Andrew E.C. Gaska. On the platform you can also find the Destroyer of Worlds scenario, a sequel to Chariot of the Gods also written by Gaska and requiring only the Starter Set to play.

On Fantasy Grounds, you can find the ALIEN RPG core rulebook, a full conversion of the hardcover book of a massive 392 pages, as well as the Chariot of the Gods and Destroyer of Worlds scenarios.

All modules are fully integrated with the VTT platforms, with online maps and diagrams, player handouts ready to share, online character sheets, customized virtual dice roller, and more.

https://mailchi.mp/d8d1a3335629/alien-vtt?e=8becb4d032

Mr. Clemens

I might get to play this thing after all!  ;D

Shugsi

I wish I had people to play with.

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/FreeLeaguePublishing/posts/4192436210773073

QuoteLock & Load Your Pulse Rifle! The COLONIAL MARINES OPERATIONS MANUAL for the multiple award-winning official ALIEN RPG is now available for PRE-ORDER at https://alien-rpg.com/
The book will be released early next year. If you pre-order the book now, you will get a full PDF of the book ahead of the official release, and a bonus PDF art book! The lavishly illustrated hardback book of 200+ pages will provide all the tools you need to run a full open-world campaign as the iconic Colonial Marines:
*History & Organization – the inside story of the illustrious Colonial Marine Corps.
*Creating Marines – expanded character creation rules for grunts of all kinds.
*Weapons & Vehicles – an extensive chapter with new gear, gloriously illustrated.
*The Frontier War – the framework and backstory for a Colonial Marines campaign.
*Factions on the Frontier – the powers that be and their dark agendas.
Marine Missions – six thrilling missions for your Marines, playable in any order.
*The Endgame – the showdown against a deadly enemy, finally revealed.
Armor piercing rounds sizzle through your defenses. Acrid smoke chokes you. Chemical attacks melt your armor, while bioweapons turn your insides out. It's a living hell—but none of that's as bad as the flashes of gnashing metal teeth that terrorize you every time you try to close your eyes. Welcome to war on the razor edge of space, marine.

https://frialigan.se/en/store/?product_id=6209999667349

QuoteTHIS IS A PRE-ORDER. If you include the book in your order, the entire order will be shipped to you in March, 2021. You will get a complete PDF of the book prior to shipping. As a further pre-order bonus, you get at PDF art book collecting stunning high-res art pieces made by Martin Grip, Gustaf Ekelund and Jarek Kubicki. Perfect to have on a device at the gaming table, to set the mood of the gaming session!

And pre-ordered.

Shugsi

Wait "Edited by Randy Pitchford"  :o Runs off!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed