Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 158,486 times)

Monster Man

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2019, 03:50:33 AM
Does it recycle any of the technical errata from the CMTM?

It seems like they're incorporating a lot of elements in and out of "canon".

Spoiler
They even got the Babyhead. Here's hoping for an Ultramorph.
[close]

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2019, 03:50:33 AM
Does it recycle any of the technical errata from the CMTM?

What specifically?

Local Trouble

Sulaco size and speed, etc.

SM

Doesn't have that kind of detail.  That stuff will probably be in the full game when it's released at the end of the year.

Local Trouble

How long until they pollute this thing with a Predator supplement?

SM

There's no plans as far as I know. When I spoke to them - long time ago now - they had access to anything with Alien in the title as well as Prometheus.

Being an RPG, players can make up their own Predator stats and use it in a game if they wanted to.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt we'll see Predator for a long time, if at all. When I was helping out with the odd bit and bob, I asked about if AvP related stuff was wanted and it wasn't.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 01, 2019, 12:00:44 PM
How long until they pollute this thing with a Predator supplement?

This thing does need some gains after all.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2019, 02:24:27 PM
I doubt we'll see Predator for a long time, if at all. When I was helping out with the odd bit and bob, I asked about if AvP related stuff was wanted and it wasn't.

That's good news, but it sure is surprising to me.

Dachande

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 31, 2019, 09:10:08 PM
Quote from: Dachande on May 30, 2019, 11:33:28 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on May 30, 2019, 02:23:09 AM
I'm always happy to dump the grid in RPGs. People counting squares is a real tension-killer.  :P

I do love me some miniatures as a visual aid, but I find putting 'em on a grid strips back the drama.

I'm gonna be quite happy using the Board and Minis from Nemesis, I think that will work great

Didn't get the Prodos stuff while it was around?

I'm not a huge fan of Miniatures games, so apart from it being AvP I wasn't too interested. Granted having an Alien mini or 2 for this would be great.

Although the nemesis ones will make perfectly good stand ins, they even have their own lifecycle

maron

When you are more excited for a table top game than another movie.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

https://www.effektpodcast.org/episodes/alien-hope-s-last-stand-part-1
https://www.effektpodcast.org/episodes/alien-hope-s-last-stand-part-2
https://www.effektpodcast.org/episodes/alien-hope-s-last-stand-part-3

Gameplay of the preview from UKGE. I'm halfway through the first part and it sounds like the specific scenario Shevvie and I played (they did 3 different ones around Hadley's Hope). Hoping to get a preview written up soon.

Kailem

Nice, I'll be giving those a listen for sure. I'll never play it (nobody to play it with), but this looks awesome. Very much looking forward to watching all the inevitable Youtube playthroughs when it's released.

SM

I finished reading the PDF rule book, and though it's a cut down version of what will eventually be released, it's very solid.

Corporal Hicks

Space is vast, dark, and not your friend: A review of the Cinematic Starter Kit for the Alien RPG

QuoteOverall
I'm very impressed with Cinematic Starter Kit for the Alien RPG. It'll be a great way to learn the game and an acceptable way to pass the time while we wait for the main book to hit the printers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed