Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 158,474 times)

Corporal Hicks

Mr. Clemens

A note to anyone who may be having this pdf professionally printed and bound, like I did:

The pagination is messed up. Specifically, odd-numbered pages are on the left and even-numbered pages are on the right, which is the reverse of what should be. This means that two-page art spreads instead wrap around a page turn, as does the timeline. It doesn't mean the book can't be read, but it is annoying.

So if you're gonna get it printed double-sided, have them either add a blank page after the title page, or have them remove the credits page, and then everything will line up like it should.  :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2019, 08:10:46 AM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/hopes-last-stand-uk-games-expo-preview-of-alien-the-roleplaying-game/

A short write-up of my experience at the UKGE demo session.

When you get round to recording a few sessions, I'd be very interested helping or participating, if at all possible. Sorting out fun, concise Alien RPG experiences is kinda my thing.

Corporal Hicks

#7 – THE HIVE IS GROWING

QuoteHello! This is the seventh official newsletter for the upcoming ALIEN tabletop RPG by Free League Publishing and Twentieth Century Fox.

The pre-order at ALIEN-RPG.COM has now been running for over a week, and we have sent out Cinematic Starter Kit PDFs to hundreds of players. The response has been great so far – here's a full review from GeekNative.

What's even more awesome is the awesome community that's quickly growing around the game. Already, players are sharing ideas, advice and amazing resources with each other. This is something we highly encourage, and we'd like to take this opportunity to give you an overview of some great places to go online:

The inofficial Facebook group called "ALIEN RPG by Free League" is probably the most active place right now. There, you can already find resources like form-fillable character sheets, printer-friendly sheets, digital dice rollers, and much, much more.

You're also very welcome to official forums on the Free League website. That's a great place for questions on the rules and setting, and for posting feedback on the Starter Kit PDF, as it's actively monitored by us.

There is also a pretty active subreddit and Mewe dedicated to the game, as well a Discord dedicated to ALIEN and other games based on the Year Zero Engine.

You are all very welcome to come the Hive and join the conversation! And remember – keep it friendly. :)

Not pre-ordered yet? Hurry over to ALIEN-RPG.COM right now!

Kailem

Does the game include any other maps besides the galaxy one? The description says maps plural, but none of the pictures I've seen show any of the other ones (and I'm assuming those Hadley's Hope layout ones will only be included if that scenario is).

SM

The PDF version only includes a couple of ship layouts.  Not sure what maps will be in the full version.

FenGiddel

Did you just write ship layouts?   :o :o :o

Corporal Hicks

I believe the maps pack also includes the ship layouts. I'm sure I read that in the product description.

skhellter

The "Cronus" ship from the Chariots of the Gods scenario has good detailed layouts of all four decks.
It's a heliades class ship, Prometheus equivalent.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SM

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 07, 2019, 09:24:48 PM
The "Cronus" ship from the Chariots of the Gods scenario has good detailed layouts of all four decks.

I screencapped a ton of stuff from Prometheus a while back in order to try and map it.  Since it has multiple levels, but the crew only ever seem to inhabit one in the film and there's a distinct lack of stairs, I suspect the RPG one will make more sense.

FenGiddel

Aren't you just the industrious Alien fan, you...

SM

I didn't get that far beyond the screencapping bit, so not that industrious.

skhellter

Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2019, 10:24:14 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jun 07, 2019, 09:24:48 PM

I screencapped a ton of stuff from Prometheus a while back in order to try and map it.  Since it has multiple levels, but the crew only ever seem to inhabit one in the film and there's a distinct lack of stairs, I suspect the RPG one will make more sense.

There's stairs in the Cronus.  :laugh:
It's not 1:1 with the Prometheus, of course. The "corporate suite" is definitely not like Vickers' and there's no basketball court for starters.
But it is coherent with itself and very detailed.

SM

Yeah the Cronus makes more sense than the movie set.  The Prometheus concept art had a lot of pieces with stairs and elevators.

The main hatch for the lifeboat on Prometheus on the other hand is in a odd position at the stern of the ship.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed