Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,148 times)

The Cruentus

Strangely the plasma pistols in the games were more like grenade launchers than pistols if I remember correctly, as the plasma shot fires in an arc, though it might have been in only one of the games.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's right. And they had more of an aoe effect.

ChanceVance

I love AVPR. I recognize it's terrible but I also think it's just so darn entertaining. 

- The sheer violence happening to a whole bunch of random characters that nobody cares about. Seriously the movie goes out of its way to have characters whose sole purpose on-screen is to get themselves brutally killed. Some random dude at the plant gets headbitten, one of the bullies cops it through the eye, two stoners get their heads blown off, some nurse gets her neck snapped and an eye on top of that. 
I mean who are these people? Just a waste of money on effects and paying cast members lol but hey that's what makes it funny. 

- Wolf. Yes anything he succeeds at in this movie is mostly down to how utterly stupid the Xenos in this movie are portrayed to be. However the concept of a badass lone Predator appeals to me and no movie delivers on that quite like this one e.g stabbing a Xeno and then whipping out his Plasma pistol like a gunslinger to get another. 

- Sewer scene. Adding to the point above really, this Predator has the guts to head into their lair and make his presence known.

- The film's attempts to try and make us care about the main characters. I never rewatch anything involving humans in this film but do I still laugh at what they put on screen. The story and acting is below soap opera level. Any scenes focusing on them is pretty much 'We need to fill a runtime and those Xeno/Pred effects cost money dammit!'

Samhain13

Samhain13

Pretty much Wolf's design/weapons/tech/movements and the action/gore. I remember going crazy when I saw Wolf and his 2 plasma cannon killing on the R-rated trailer. Naive 12 year old I was.

When something isn't dying or Wolf isn't on the screen its really bad.

Voodoo Magic

In regards to Wolf, while I love my bass fisherman type Predators, I really liked having a Yautja here on Earth for some other reason than "the hunt".  It was a nice added layer to the mythos.

SM

Especially when he took time out to hunt.

Voodoo Magic

You mean when he strung up that cop? Yeah, that didn't make any sense...

SiL

Fun fact: In the script, he just killed the cop. It was the PredAlien who skinned him and hung him up.

Also a fun fact: I'm not joking.

Voodoo Magic

Fun fact: The PredAlien strung up dead Predators too.

SiL

What's more fun is that actually made it into the film, technically, in the background.

The Cruentus

Those were fox's decisions right? If so, they really shoudn't be allowed to meddle with the alien franchise

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 23, 2018, 11:20:19 AM
Those were fox's decisions right? If so, they really shoudn't be allowed to meddle with the alien franchise

Just the Alien franchise? ;) 

If it makes you feel any better, soon it will be Disney meddling with the Alien franchise. 

The Cruentus

Rather disney than fox, their ideas for the franchise suck and lets not forget the Alien 3 production issues. Even the novels get "suggestions" from fox.

SM

Quote from: The Cruentus on Dec 23, 2018, 11:20:19 AM

They're paying for it.

The Cruentus

They are a studio, they are supposed to finance movies, but it shouldn't make them producer, editor and director. Which is what they try to be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed