The Making of Alien: Resurrection - The Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 10, 2018, 09:52:21 AM

Author
The Making of Alien: Resurrection - The Game (Read 10,252 times)

iain

Ive had the game for YEARS but never played for more than literally a few minutes due to the horrible controls.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on Sep 11, 2018, 12:59:20 PM
Atari Jaguar AvP,  Alien Trilogy and a lot of others just make you wiggle the thing off (or AT has it get on your face when your health is sufficiently low, been a while).

In AT, it will just attach for a few seconds and then dies, but while it is attached there is nada you can do to get it off. It just drains your health while it is on but if it attaches to you and you got low health, it can "kill",you. a movie clip will play showing Ripley falling unconscious from the hugger. Strangely this clip will play even if a chestburster kills you.

D88M

Fantastic game.

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 11, 2018, 05:33:09 AM
I'm running mine off a HDMI converter and that's fine.

Really need to get one of them.  The telly in the lounge only has Component which doubles as RCA, so I have to constantly keep changing leads for the PS2 or the DVD player or the N64.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 11, 2018, 11:19:24 PM
In AT, it will just attach for a few seconds and then dies, but while it is attached there is nada you can do to get it off.
That's it! And later in the game they always grab you when there's a shitload of other enemies around, so you're losing health and blind.

Luckily I always had my pink acid boots on ;D

The Cruentus

I remember that cheat  :laugh:

MU-TH-UR 6000

Cheats! You guys are such a disappointment to me...

The Cruentus

:laugh:
In fairnesss, I only rarely cheated on that, only after I completed the game and wanted to just have fun by choosing the levels and fighting the queen.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 12, 2018, 10:27:09 AM
:laugh:
In fairnesss, I only rarely cheated on that, only after I completed the game and wanted to just have fun by choosing the levels and fighting the queen.

Same. Prison levels were real spooky for me as a wee lad but I always enjoyed replaying them for some reason. I was super excited/scared to see the runner aliens for the first time. Then the fast grown-ups showed up...

The Cruentus

What I liked about AT as well as it was technically an original game, it took elements from the movies and redone them. For example, you have to battle three queens and you visit a lot of locations and you have to deal with W-Y PMCs. It didn't have any baggage either from what I remember, it was just a fun game.

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 12, 2018, 10:33:53 AM
What I liked about AT as well as it was technically an original game, it took elements from the movies and redone them. For example, you have to battle three queens and you visit a lot of locations and you have to deal with W-Y PMCs. It didn't have any baggage either from what I remember, it was just a fun game.
It was done in a time where the storyline were just some paragraphs before you started a level haha. But it worked. It had everything an Alien fan wanted. 

The Cruentus

Yep, I was satisfied with it, sadly I never got round to getting resurrection but I heard it was a fairly good game with most complaints about it being about the control scheme.

Wweyland

The added quicksave functionality of the emulator helps a lot with the difficulty in the game.

PsyKore

The difficulty gets easier once you learn the game's ins-and-outs. I can play it nowadays and have heaps of ammo, but the first few times I played the game it felt more scarce.

Out of all Alien games, this one stuck with me the most. Atmosphere is just insane... and it never lets up. The final level especially where you're chased by the Newborn aboard the Betty was some of the creepiest shit in a video game I've experienced, haha!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed