AvP Requiem Box Office Figures

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:39 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Box Office Figures (Read 24,966 times)

howells

howells

IGN have posted a review of avp-r on their site and its very good! i feel people should just go see the movie and make their own minds up instead of being put off by all the negative comments.

nudzi

nudzi

If You are looking for "Titanic" type of movie, this is not for You, however, if ur a A and P fan, it will roxx ur soxx.

ewhtam3

ewhtam3

first thing is that the movie was amazing. being that is the first movie Directed by the Bros, they did lack a little bit character setting and the end was kind of stupid.***SPOILER***. after the military nuked the town the reaming the 4 people are found by the soldiers and the little girl ask her mother if the monster are gone and they have a retarded music at the end. but overall this movie proves that the AVP franchise is not dead. the battles between the P&A are f***ing amazing. lets hope the Bros learn from past mistake. and what with the preadalien laying a lot of eggs.   ;D  

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

@ Gul Kalvo, ur right, that elder looks awsum. but im still realy looking foreward to getting the ADI one, i have it for the 1st avp and it was pretty good, cant wait to see the concept art for this movie, i jst did 4 alien head concepts of my own- their quite impressive if im honest, hopefully il have a site up and running soon so you lot can see them. i also have a lot of other alien an pred art too.

killzonewith bladesandteet

hey Ok7 if that's the taking for Friday then that's a little better than Thursday which I believe took 2.78 mil which essentially means while its not great, it hasn't gone down further.Sure it could be higher, but it has made half its budget in 4 days and as they start to factor in some of those 1st days from international markets it gets a little better. Not much I know  but let's see what Saturday night brings. Here in Austin TX I am a bit worried that the tv adverts seemed to have declined a little when they really need to be upped.

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That is truly great.

Greenband

Greenband

Ok7 | 29 Dec 2007 09:40133 Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - $3.3M, $1,288 PTA [$19.88M cume]-Not good    I second that. They will make their money back, plus a little. However with it this low, if they would do a third movie, they are going to be much more cautious with the amount of budget it gets. If the budget for AVP-R was not enough for a space epic, its even less likely a third would be able to pull it off without being SciFi channel or straight to DVD quality. If it comes down to that, I would rather seen Fox pull the plug on it.  I'm curious to how these AVP-R numbers stack up to AVP?

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

I saw it twice already and probably gonna see it again!!! the film totaly rocks and I don't know why people are complaining about it cause sure the love triangle between ricky, jesse and dale was the weakest point in the film but overall I give the movie at least a 9.5/10   ;D   people are too quick tp judge this film I mean it may not be your cup of tea but when people rate it 1/5 come on   ???  

Greenband

Greenband

Well I pulled this from Wikipedia:  "Critics were not allowed to view the film in advance.[5] Once critics were able to review the film, the response was generally negative. [6] Despite mostly poor reviews, the film earned more than $38 million over its US opening weekend and spent its first week of release at the top of box office charts. However, subsequent weeks saw the film's revenue take a severe decline. Even so, it ranks as one of the most successful films to date in either franchise. The film earned $171.2 million worldwide, with a sequel, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, released on December 25, 2007.[7]"  "So far, AVP-R has earned mostly negative reviews from critics with a 17% on Rotten Tomatoes, 5 positive to 24 negative with an average of 3.2 out of 10 and a user rating of 5.7 out of 10, a 3.5 out of 5 on Moviehole and a 3.5 out of 5 on IGN. So far, the film has grossed over $16.8 million domestically. As of December 28th, IMDb has the film rating at 6.4/10 from over 3,391 votes."  Its not looking so great for AVP-R when you stack its numbers up to its predecessor.

Biz

Biz

There is no way that AVP-R ever had a chance to compete with AVP's numbers. Think about it.... AVP was the first of its kind and was PG 13. Most people did not like it and have no interest in a sequel (good or bad). Now we have an R rated sequel with a lower budget and ZERO hype. If it makes half the money of AVP I say it is a success.

Ok7

Ok7

AvPR to beat off in hire it is necessary to collect not less 100 million in the world. And AvPR it will make easy. DVD will make not small profit.  About 50 % from the general profit the others leave to cinemas, and of 50 % to people who did film. 40+40 millions=80millions+ Marketing (maybe 20 millions)=100 millions to beat off in hire.

Ok7

Ok7

On Saturday gathering usually fall at horror films.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

the first AVP was one of the best selling DvDs of 2005.

killzonewith bladesandteet

AVP sold 1.8 million copies on its first day of release on dvd

ItAinttheCriticsFault

ItAinttheCriticsFault

Love all the 'fans' of this movie who blame the bad reviews and the incredibly shrinking box office take on critics.  Take a look at most action/horror/adventure movies, most get panned then outperform projections at the Box.  Why?  WORD OF MOUTH! The critics hate  it but x loved it so x tells his/her friends, they love it and so on until its a blockbuster.  Movies like AVPr get panned by the critics and then get panned by the audience who tell their friends to wait for dvd or when they are as bad as AVPr to maybe just skip it.  I the A/P franchises but IMO AVP will never be what it could without a big time director with a big time budget.  But now that both the AVP's are looking like flops and both scripts were bullshit I doubt Fox is going to up the budget of 40 mil on a next installment if they don't let the series die completely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed