Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 166,450 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I LOVED the idea, but the execution is a total mess. I wish it was half the series other people appear to believe it is.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

To- The Alien series?

Local Trouble

Yeah.  Predator's canon doesn't matter.

The Old One

I think anything within the AVP sphere is considered it's own thing.

Xiggz456

Quote from: SM on Nov 27, 2019, 07:36:51 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2019, 07:21:23 PM
What's wrong with The Rage War?

Not much.  The dates are a bit messed up, but overall it's good fun.

I gave these a re-read earlier this year and noticed the dates didn't line up with "Sea of Sorrows". But other than that I really enjoy The Rage War. The devastation in those novels are on another level and I love it haha

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 27, 2019, 09:25:27 PM
I think anything within the AVP sphere is considered it's own thing.

I'm always here to remind you AvP Fire and Stone is canon to Alien. ;)

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2019, 07:49:18 PM
How does it compare to TCF?

TCF is better.  But also VERY different, so unfair to compare.

The Old One

The Old One

If any other media returns to LV-223 and contradicts the DH series, (more than other stuff already does) does that mean it's no longer canon or it's just the reality within the AVP Verse or something else?

Local Trouble

I think a devoted apocryphile like Xenomrph would still claim it could all fit.

The Old One

Personally, even if for instance one of the stories I didn't enjoy is actually good, from the standpoint of sitting by itself- the best one of them say, I still can't get past the contrivances of it that support most of them.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Since the RPG includes Corporal Hicks, I wonder if it references a mysterious character who speaks in short sentences and is known only by his initials.

Spoiler
[close]

The Old One

I won't say what I think on that one. lol

Ultramorph

The Drukathi are an awesome addition to the lore, and I love them. Rage War might not be the best piece of fiction in this particular series, but I've seldom been as excited for anything AvP as I was the first time I read Predator: Incursion. I kept stopping and saying to myself "wow, they're actually doing this!" in a good way.

The Old One

Yeah, I agree it was a great idea, a great setup and the Drukathi is how it ought to be done.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed