Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,371 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I think Marvel's Alien's a joke.
But I will wait and see for myself, Andrew Gaska's not done anything incorrect as yet, as far as I am concerned.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 14, 2022, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 14, 2022, 12:34:56 PM
By debasing themselves.
What do you mean by that exactly you think the marvel comics dosnt fit in?

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 14, 2022, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 13, 2022, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 13, 2022, 04:23:20 PM
Just finished up my read through of "Heart of Darkness" and there're are some very interesting and new concepts utilized in this campaign.

While reading (without getting into specifics) I felt that the following entries influenced aspects of this story:

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)
Bloodlines (which PKJ has now confirmed is in the same timeline as the RPG)

Once again the artwork was phenomenal! Looking forward to the next expansion as well as what people playing think of the experience.
Tell me how the marvel comics fit into this
Spoiler
[close]
So the woman in the dark is makeing a comeback she proably my least favorite concept from the marvel comics

Spoiler
I don't know bout this the Fulfremmen apparently have no gender  but the Goddess/ Woman in the dark is Obviously female.
[close]

Bughuntwilson

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 14, 2022, 02:01:40 PM
I think Marvel's Alien's a joke.
But I will wait and see for myself, Andrew Gaska's not done anything incorrect as yet, as far as I am concerned.
Dont blame you when the art is mostly stills swiped from the movies and action figure where you can still see the swivels and joints and stories are written amaetur at best i woulnd't take it serious either

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 14, 2022, 01:54:24 PM
Hey man can you put some spoiler tags on your post please? I'd rather not elaborate anymore until more people get a chance to read/experience the campaign.
My bad i use my phone and I am not that good when it comes to forums and understanding how to do spoiler tags

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I just read up on this and...

In no way does this connect to either Marvel's Alien or Dark Horse's prior iterations of "similar ideas"  I hesitate to even say that. As this looks to be a much more sophisticated take. And feels closer in relation to Alex White's work than anything else.

Xiggz456

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Apr 14, 2022, 02:18:25 PM
By debasing themselves.

Just finished up my read through of "Heart of Darkness" and there're are some very interesting and new concepts utilized in this campaign.

While reading (without getting into specifics) I felt that the following entries influenced aspects of this story:

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Once again the artwork was phenomenal! Looking forward to the next expansion as well as what people playing think of the experience.
Spoiler
[close]
So the woman in the dark is makeing a comeback she proably my least favorite concept from the marvel comics

Spoiler
I don't know bout this the Fulfremmen apparently have no gender  but the Goddess/ Woman in the dark is Obviously female.
[close]

Spoiler
True but the illustration of the Fulfremmen leans more female and is the highest being of the pathogen. Which would seem to take influence from the Goddess as that is also the "final" evolution of "Prometheus' Cleansing Fire". Also to clarify, I never said it's the same thing, only that it seems to take inspiration from that concept.
[close]

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 14, 2022, 02:32:36 PM

In no way does this connect to either Marvel's Alien or Dark Horse's prior iterations of "similar ideas"  I hesitate to even say that. As this looks to be a much more sophisticated take. And feels closer in relation to Alex White's work than anything else.
I see this as win to be honesty the marvel run a bit shoody to say the least gotta ask a question which alex white alien novel you live?

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 14, 2022, 03:35:10 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Apr 14, 2022, 02:18:25 PM
By debasing themselves.

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
True but the illustration of the Fulfremmen leans more female and is the highest being of the pathogen. Which would seem to take influence from the Goddess as that is also the "final" evolution of "Prometheus' Cleansing Fire". Also to clarify, I never said it's the same thing, only that it seems to take inspiration from that concept.
[close]

ah ok .  I haven't seen that illustration  so I wouldn't have known

judge death

Thank heavens! If they added marvels ideas and timeline and that Sil creature and claim its now canon because that marvel writer wants it, and add: facehuggers with centerpide legs, ever mutating xenos, freaks, human alien hybrids, facehugger laying eggs several times or in any body openings, alpha goat alien, host have hive mind connection etc that the writer wanted at marvel..... Then I burn the books.
thankfully its untouched by marvels crappiness.  :)

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: judge death on Apr 14, 2022, 05:20:15 PM

Thank heavens! If they added marvels ideas and timeline and that Sil creature and claim its now canon because that marvel writer wants it, and add: facehuggers with centerpide legs, ever mutating xenos, freaks, human alien hybrids, facehugger laying eggs several times or in any body openings, alpha goat alien, host have hive mind connection etc that the writer wanted at marvel..... Then I burn the books.
thankfully its untouched by marvels crappiness.  :)
I forgot about the facehugger implating embyros serval  time in any body opening and the writer coundt even be bother to put it in the book he put in a teeter

BlueMarsalis79

It feels like what Blue searched for in a sense, and carries that similar androgenous nature, commanding presence.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 14, 2022, 05:33:27 PM

I forgot about the facehugger implating embyros serval  time in any body opening and the writer coundt even be bother to put it in the book he put in a teeter

Remind me about this one?

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2022, 07:18:38 PM

"Facehugger's buffet" with the implication being that any orifice would suffice for implantation. Everyone hated it lol although considering plagiarus praepotens is just refined pathogen it would stand to reason that as soon as it reaches a bloodstream it could potentially begin to create some sort of burster.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you "the Buttburster" :laugh:

Bughuntwilson

I meant to say tweet pkj on twitter once said the facehugger can  implant a person mutiple times and will use a orfice of the body

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 14, 2022, 07:42:02 PM

"Facehugger's buffet" with the implication being that any orifice would suffice for implantation. Everyone hated it lol although considering plagiarus praepotens is just refined pathogen it would stand to reason that as soon as it reaches a bloodstream it could potentially begin to create some sort of burster.

Assblaster 9000

Stitch

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 14, 2022, 08:29:15 PM

I meant to say tweet pkj on twitter once said the facehugger can  implant a person mutiple times and will use a orfice of the body

Assblaster 9000

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Stitch on Apr 15, 2022, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 14, 2022, 08:29:15 PM

Assblaster 9000

I prefer the orginal design myself

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed