ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame)

Started by IIapagokc, Aug 11, 2017, 04:07:20 PM

Author
ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame) (Read 59,810 times)

Still Collating...

Played the demo. I am stunned. It looks beautiful! It makes you feel like you're at the beginning of the fall of Hadley's Hope. Didn't expect the demo had this much in it. Congratulations! I can't even imagine how the full game will look. Was surprised at the dialog choice options and how much it influenced the rest of the demo.
First time I went with the first dialog option, so I got to see the massacre in medical. But then the game started to have bugs and when I left medical, it locked me out, I couldn't get back in. I also couldn't find a way to get to Mr. Phillips' computer. Then it started to get difficult to walk through doors, I could only do it when I crouched. Then finally, my body somehow stretched and I became taller. I literally couldn't get through the doors anymore. I had been playing the demo for an hour by that point.
The second time, I knew the place better and I was much quicker. I chose the second dialog option and the game played out like in the video you posted.
Other good things about the demo, the dialog and voice acting was done well. The whole project, at least in the demo part, was done so well, it feels like I'm watching Aliens for the first time again. The sound effects and music were also great.
I understand that this is a fan project and you have a lot more content to make, but when you're done with that in the future, it would be great if you could optimize the game somehow a bit more, the lag and FPS drop does make it harder to enjoy the game. Though it runs better then I thought it would.

Overall, I'm very surprised at how good this is. A few weird bugs and lag are the only real problems I've seen in this demo. Keep up the good work!   

IIapagokc

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 30, 2018, 03:18:27 PM
Played the demo. I am stunned. It looks beautiful! It makes you feel like you're at the beginning of the fall of Hadley's Hope. Didn't expect the demo had this much in it. Congratulations! I can't even imagine how the full game will look. Was surprised at the dialog choice options and how much it influenced the rest of the demo.
First time I went with the first dialog option, so I got to see the massacre in medical. But then the game started to have bugs and when I left medical, it locked me out, I couldn't get back in. I also couldn't find a way to get to Mr. Phillips' computer. Then it started to get difficult to walk through doors, I could only do it when I crouched. Then finally, my body somehow stretched and I became taller. I literally couldn't get through the doors anymore. I had been playing the demo for an hour by that point.
The second time, I knew the place better and I was much quicker. I chose the second dialog option and the game played out like in the video you posted.
Other good things about the demo, the dialog and voice acting was done well. The whole project, at least in the demo part, was done so well, it feels like I'm watching Aliens for the first time again. The sound effects and music were also great.
I understand that this is a fan project and you have a lot more content to make, but when you're done with that in the future, it would be great if you could optimize the game somehow a bit more, the lag and FPS drop does make it harder to enjoy the game. Though it runs better then I thought it would.

Overall, I'm very surprised at how good this is. A few weird bugs and lag are the only real problems I've seen in this demo. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for a response) optimization will be surely improved. Just I work on very old laptop, and on it to make it quite difficult therefore now and I collect support on the new working computer)

Corporal Hicks

Downloading now. Thanks for sharing.  :)

Still Collating...

What?! Playable alien in a fan game? I knew you were good, but this is really unexpected. The walking and wall climbing are done very very well. I'm blown away! I wonder how are you going to get the alien to move well and fast through the vents?

Still, great work. Thank you for putting in the effort to try and make this a great addition to the franchise.

Corporal Hicks

Wow! I can't believe you're adding Aliens into this now too. That's really impressive!!

How come you've gone for Covenant's POV style rather than the fisheye from Alien 3?

IIapagokc

IIapagokc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 14, 2018, 06:39:46 PM
Wow! I can't believe you're adding Aliens into this now too. That's really impressive!!

How come you've gone for Covenant's POV style rather than the fisheye from Alien 3?
It is just the test, in general a game for the alien wasn't planned, all this was necessary for another. But many want whether also I in thoughts to do a demo for the alien or not. POV  Covenant just like that in a couple of minutes)

continue to test gameplay tricks)
www.facebook.com/groups/AlienHopeForTheFuture/
https://youtu.be/NeOpK9PXiWU

IIapagokc

At numerous requests, the interactive map in the command center, the test. The map it will be necessary to redraw the in a vector.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlienHopeForTheFuture/
https://youtu.be/j2rd1GaSFyU

Corporal Hicks

That's brilliant! Glad to see you're really going at it with the detail.

IIapagokc

The physics to objects of average size (chairs, boxes, small little tables, etc.) is added now everything can be moved. Small objects (cups, pens, calculators, pieces of paper, etc.) can be taken in hand, to throw, accurately to put. It will be possible to examine them  later.
Also more time will be found for  "Easter eggs" in the form of objects and magazines.
I remind that the quality and speed of development depends on your financial support.
For normal work we need the good personal computer but not the laptop 5 summer prescription.
To support the project:https://streamlabs.com/iiapagokc

IIapagokc

Unfortunately, despite the fact that 0.5 demo left for a long time there were almost no comments and criticism . About though some support of the project I am silent. Maybe prompt how it can be corrected?)

Corporal Hicks

I'd be happy to give you a frontpage post about this - I'm just concerned that with Fox working on their own Alien game and that you're taking donations, if we draw attention from Fox that might lead to them trying to shut down your project. If you'd like us to give you that coverage please let me know.

IIapagokc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 22, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
I'd be happy to give you a frontpage post about this - I'm just concerned that with Fox working on their own Alien game and that you're taking donations, if we draw attention from Fox that might lead to them trying to shut down your project. If you'd like us to give you that coverage please let me know.
I already repeatedly tried to communicate also from 20 fox and Sega and Fox next games and cold iron studio I am simply ignored) especially I don't sell a game, and donations go only on the project. Better to know a bit earlier that they think, than almost to make everything and to receive full refusal)
if you know as it is possible though with someone to communicate, would be glad to the help and the post didn't need to be done so far.

Corporal Hicks

Unfortunately I've no idea who you'd need to talk to. I've been struggling to find out who I need to talk to about press with the new game. Hopefully once I've gotten an in I'll be able to provide you with someone to talk to.

Never say no to Panda!

I would highly recommend to check that out first - would be a shame to invest much more working time IF it gets taken down immediately. I guess the better it gets, the more attention it gets...the higher the chances are.

Looks pretty damn good so far, i dig it!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed