Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 42,185 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Vanilla environments?

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 29, 2018, 10:51:34 AM
Fantastic news! Are you also having other underslung attachments like ACM or sticking traditional?
We'd like to stick traditional when possible, so no underbarrel shotgun has been discussed yet (and it probably wouldn't be so useful as the class already has the M37 shotgun as its secondary weapon) but someone has already suggested that we use the M108 canister rounds from the technical manual. Would you like to see some more underslung stuff?
Quote from: The Old One on Oct 29, 2018, 02:28:56 PM
Vanilla environments?
Unfortunately, yes. But only temporarily I hope.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Oct 29, 2018, 09:01:48 PM
Would you like to see some more underslung stuff?

It's one of the things I did genuinely enjoy about Colonial Marines. Unfortunately it was a little on the lacking side, though.

Still Collating...

I also enjoyed that in ACM quiet a bit, but I feel no real need for it, I'm okay with the standard underslungs here. I'd like to see actually the other weapons and equipment from the CMTM which has already been discussed, so that's good by me.
But mostly I'd just like to see the thing get made  :laugh: knowing that a small team of people are working on it, I'm thrilled it's going along well.

Keep up the good work!  ;D

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 30, 2018, 08:26:46 AM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Oct 29, 2018, 09:01:48 PM
Would you like to see some more underslung stuff?

It's one of the things I did genuinely enjoy about Colonial Marines. Unfortunately it was a little on the lacking side, though.
I don't want to promise anything but there still is one free slot in the class' loadout, so I'm definitely not ruling out the possibility of having more than one type of shell for the launcher. Like Still Collating said though, we'd also like to see the basic thing done first. I'll be sure to bring up this question again in the near future, don't worry.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 30, 2018, 08:06:30 PM
I also enjoyed that in ACM quiet a bit, but I feel no real need for it, I'm okay with the standard underslungs here. I'd like to see actually the other weapons and equipment from the CMTM which has already been discussed, so that's good by me.
But mostly I'd just like to see the thing get made  :laugh: knowing that a small team of people are working on it, I'm thrilled it's going along well.

Keep up the good work!  ;D
Thanks sooo much, it's really encouraging to see a comment like that. :D
I don't want to talk about the future plans for the mod too much as we might never get that far with it but I'd still like to hear your opinions about this: you know, I originally refused the idea of having the W-Y mercs in the mod but I recently though about featuring the stuff from Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 concept art and this particular imagine made me think about having the W-Y faction as a mixture of human soldiers and the "tained" xenomorphs that could fight both marines and xenos and it could make them quite a unique faction. The human-vs-human FPS mechanics of the BF2142 could be much more useful then as well. They mercs seem also to have some new weaponry and vehicles which might be great to play with and which would make then different from the USCM faction.

And I'd just like to let you know that the M37 shotgun is being slightly reworked, to resemble the actual Hicks' shotgun more. If you remember the gameplay video from some time ago, the shotgun not only had no iron sights but wasn't properly centralised, so aiming made the player even less accurate. This should be also fixed.

Still Collating...

I'm all for a WY and controlled xenomorphs faction in this mod, it would give it a kind of comic book feel to it which could be fun here. I have no idea how do you guys plan to implement xenomorphs in the mod but I wouldn't have a problem if the colonial marines fought also WY and other rouge military factions here like in they would usually do.

Never say no to Panda!

Sounds interesting. No big fan of a movie version, but could work for a game...btw, is there no Natural Selection Mod out there? Would be the perfect mainframe for such a mod :D

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Thanks for the replies, guys. @Still Collating... @Never say no to Panda! I really appreciate that You found time to share Your opinions with our team. :) Seems like we will try to actually implement the W-Y faction in this form sometimes in the future. Hopefully the result will be worth the wait.

I'm afraid there won't be any news from us for quite a while now but I'd just like You to know that it doesn't mean the mod is dead.

And A BIIIG THANKS for the 10 000+ views that this thread has got so far, it's really great to see such a thing. :D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Nov 17, 2018, 10:23:56 AM
I'm afraid there won't be any news from us for quite a while now but I'd just like You to know that it doesn't mean the mod is dead.

I hope everything is okay with everyone. I look forward to your return to activity!

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 18, 2018, 09:58:51 PM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Nov 17, 2018, 10:23:56 AM

I hope everything is okay with everyone. I look forward to your return to activity!
Thanks but nah, it was nothing serious - just the university kicking in.
I only have a little update for you which is the slide of the Vasquez's M39, though the whole pistol probably won't be completed so soon.

Also, I know it's a bit late for it but we'd like to wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy happy happy new year! :)

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Finished M39 model.

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Glad to see you're still working on it.  :)

Frosty98B

APC interior (work in progress):

Frosty98B

They aren't textured yet but I think it's been long enough since the last update like this, so here they are (the updated M37 Stakeout and M39):

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed