Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 41,896 times)

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: N-Shifter on Sep 18, 2018, 06:42:35 PM
Can't wait to see some gameplay, great work!
Really glad You like it, I hope You guys won't be disappointed by the video.

I'm really sorry for the low frame rate and frame drops as well as for the four interruptions by the Bandicut "ads" but I haven't found any other free video editing program that's as easy to work with and that doesn't reduce the video quality that much. :'(

Still Collating...

Liking the look of the APC and the gun effects. Keep up the good work! The day when players can drive that thing in a game will be fantastic.

Frosty98B

And I'm very happy to finally show you some in-game screenshots of a piece of the USCM weaponry.

The hand welder and VP70 also work pretty nicely but they still lack textures - the guy who textured the pulse rifle and APC and I are working on this, though. :)

Frosty98B

Dietrich's medical hub.

Corporal Hicks

Continuing to come along nicely! Is the medical gadget in place of the med boxes?

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 15, 2018, 07:35:30 AM
Continuing to come along nicely! Is the medical gadget in place of the med boxes?
Very glad you like it! Yes, exactly. And it shall be accompanied by a throwable medical supplies bag (which would have its ammo-resupplying equivalent in the Support class' loadout).

And here's some more stuff!

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent!

Corporal Hicks

Maybe model a bag like Frost's shoulder bag for the ammo?

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 16, 2018, 07:46:26 AM
Maybe model a bag like Frost's shoulder bag for the ammo?
Yeah, that would probably make more sense as the M240 fuel tanks as well as many other magazines are larger than this bag and wouldn't even fit in.
Would it be a problem if the Frost's bag wasn't throwable, so the support guy could only resupply the teammates directly? I mean, it's a shoulder bag after all.

By the way, the flares are ready to be used.

And so are the M-94 Marking Flares to light up your way through the unknown.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Frosty98B on Oct 20, 2018, 09:46:06 PM
Would it be a problem if the Frost's bag wasn't throwable, so the support guy could only resupply the teammates directly? I mean, it's a shoulder bag after all.

It'd be cooler but limitations are limitations. It wouldn't fuss me that much.

The Old One

The Old One

Impressive, most impressive.

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2018, 08:45:35 AM
Quote from: Frosty98B on Oct 20, 2018, 09:46:06 PM

It'd be cooler but limitations are limitations. It wouldn't fuss me that much.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it - Frost's bag it is then.

The Frost's bag should basically be the same as the Dietrich's one (with different content, of course), so I made a closed version of the Dietrich's medical hub bag and added the logos of support and medic for clarity.

...and it did end up being throwable (obviously). ;D

Hemi

I missed those big ass walker tanks. Man, that mp was fun!

Frosty98B

Quote from: Hemi on Oct 26, 2018, 10:33:28 PM
I missed those big ass walker tanks. Man, that mp was fun!
And now imagine the alien queen "walker" chasing the helpless marines around the battlefield! :3

The M41A's grenade launcher now finally works!

The grenades launched from it explode upon impact which is a great advantage in most situations. I'd just like to make it clear that the explosion on the images above is so big because the GL took down a light vehicle (explosion if which you see), not because it fires some super-fiery projectiles. :D

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic news! Are you also having other underslung attachments like ACM or sticking traditional?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed