Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 42,147 times)

Still Collating...

Looks awesome!

Frosty98B

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 07, 2018, 12:07:44 AM
looks slick, any plans to incorporate any sort of sights in the carry handle?
Sorry, every game seems to add some sort of sights but the movie rifles had none (as you can see on the image below). I thought that it would be nice to actually experience what it would be like to aim with the movie-like pulse rifle.

OpenMaw

It was a big gripe with me that Colonial Marines packed all that Call of Duty customization shit onto the Pulse Rifle.

Corporal Hicks

That was one of the redeeming factors for me. Loved being able to slap a shotgun on.

Frosty98B

Do it, Bishop. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Scorpio

Quote from: Frosty98B on Jan 07, 2018, 07:00:39 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 07, 2018, 12:07:44 AM
looks slick, any plans to incorporate any sort of sights in the carry handle?
Sorry, every game seems to add some sort of sights but the movie rifles had none (as you can see on the image below). I thought that it would be nice to actually experience what it would be like to aim with the movie-like pulse rifle.

Aren't those sights on the handle? 

Corporal Hicks

The groove in the handle seems to be the iron sights.

Frosty98B

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 02, 2018, 10:01:53 AM
The groove in the handle seems to be the iron sights.
That's what I always assumed as well. Maybe the Colonial Marine Corps just cannot afford any actual iron sights. ;D

Scorpio

Well nobody ever uses the sights anyway, they prefer to shoot from the hip like Rambo instead of operating a firearm like a real soldier would.

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 02:11:35 PM
Well nobody ever uses the sights anyway, they prefer to shoot from the hip like Rambo instead of operating a firearm like a real soldier would.
Which is quite a paradox, considering how "low on ammo" they were... ;D

Just played around with 3Ds Max and Photoshop, trying to make one of the M-94 Marking Flares. Hope it's similar enough. :D

Frosty98B

The larger flare on the left should replace the small beacon that appears under the flag as an objective marker.
The smaller marking flares on the right called M-94 will be available in Your Kit Customization menu as a selectable item. You'll have five of them which You'll be able throw onto the ground to mark Your way through an unknown environment.

The first flare is meant to resemble those ones that Hicks lights before the dropship crashes. It was really hard to make out the exact shape of it even on a pretty high quality video, so I hope I got it right. I had to base the bottom segment on a single frame where it reflected some light and it seemed to have looked like this. Hopefully it really it does. :laugh:

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

I've been playing around with the terrain textures and undergrowth, trying to get the map resemble the kelp layer covering the ocean's surface of the Bracken's World as much as possible.
Though it's just a hard terrain (not the dense layer of kelp), I feel like it feels watery and wet enough. I used the water puddle type of terrain and as you can see on the image below (which also nicely demonstrates the four-wheel steering of the APC), the water splashes around you when you drive on (and shoot) the surface. Plus, it makes nice splashing sounds when you walk on it or shoot it.

This isn't really what we're focusing on at the moment but the terrain of this map is prepared, so when the time comes, we only need to make a few static objects (like the abandoned outpost and the "Alphatech" net) to make the map resemble the location shown in the A:CM comic.
This is the a simple sketch of what the playable area should look like based off of the comic book.

And here's some Alphatech net segment that I modelled about half a year ago. It should make the modelling of the rest easier that there's one finished already. :D

Hope you guys like the way it looks, the BF2/2142 level designing is really limited when it comes to water, so this seemed like the best alternative.

Frosty98B

On the way...

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

Here's the finished welder! 5473 polygons. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed