Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142

Started by Frosty98B, Jun 15, 2017, 09:22:48 AM

Author
Aliens themed mod for Battlefield 2142 (Read 42,045 times)

Frosty98B

Frosty98B

@Never say no to Panda! These older BF games actually even handle the models from the new BF games pretty well. No problem! :)

Anyway, back to the reloading animation... Stage two - almost final!

PVTDukeMorrison

I thought you didn't need to rack the charging handle on a pulse rifle since it's caseless and fires from the open bolt?

Frosty98B

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 26, 2017, 03:29:41 AM
I thought you didn't need to rack the charging handle on a pulse rifle since it's caseless and fires from the open bolt?
Yeah, I know but the weapon (for some reason) has the bolt on it, so we've decided to be a bit inaccurate here and use it so the reloading will take longer (to compensate the large magazine size). :-\

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Good idea then, I hate when games compensate for that by making the reload so much slower than necessary. For example in call of duty mw2 it takes about 7 seconds to reload the m249 saw, while I've been trained to reload my c9 lmg (which is practically the same gun) in about 4. If you have any questions about what you should do for reload animations give me a shout, I sell and shoot guns for both my jobs

Corporal Hicks

The animation is looking pretty fluid. I likes it.

Tuerix

Hey Guys !   ;)

Here's the final reloading animation now + with sound !

PVTDukeMorrison

That little sound of the magazine being pulled from the mag pouch is a nice touch

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I like that too. Put a little smile on my face.

Frosty98B

The development of the first stage is almost complete by 25% as the spreadsheet suggests. We plan on releasing a short trailer featuring the APC and some of the weapons that are ready to be shown sometime soon! ;)
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 26, 2017, 08:14:37 PM
Good idea then, I hate when games compensate for that by making the reload so much slower than necessary. For example in call of duty mw2 it takes about 7 seconds to reload the m249 saw, while I've been trained to reload my c9 lmg (which is practically the same gun) in about 4. If you have any questions about what you should do for reload animations give me a shout, I sell and shoot guns for both my jobs
We surely will give you a shout if we'll be uncertain of something related to the guns, thank you! :)

Frosty98B

I'm bringing you a little update on the APC textures by this awesome guy! As you can see, there are still places which need more work or some change but it shouldn't take much longer!
Another good news is that the vehicle exporter seems to be making progress with the main turret movement up and down on the rails. :D

PVTDukeMorrison

Nice, since we never actually heard what the weaponry sounds like on the APC can I make a request? I think that the hull mounted mini guns should sound like a GAU-8 cannon, the one mounted on the A10 warthog

Frosty98B

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 05, 2017, 05:01:37 PM
Nice, since we never actually heard what the weaponry sounds like on the APC can I make a request? I think that the hull mounted mini guns should sound like a GAU-8 cannon, the one mounted on the A10 warthog
I've asked the other devs and none of them seemed to have any problem with it. We all agreed that it would sound really cool, so sure thing! ^^

N-Shifter

The APC looks gorgeous, great work lads!

Frosty98B

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 05, 2017, 11:04:52 PM
The APC looks gorgeous, great work lads!
He's some more then! :laugh:

N-Shifter

Props to the "skinner" for that model, I used to do a lot of that Myself a few years ago for a flight sim named "IL2 Sturmovik" so I know it can take a long time and people never really know or notice all the details you obsess over :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed