Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,236 times)

Agent Zero

No

Local Trouble

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 10, 2022, 03:19:35 PM
QuoteFree League and Titan Books Announce Creative Partnership for the ALIEN Universe Cohesive Narrative Across Novels and the RPG

Free League Publishing and Titan Books today announced a collaboration to publish a unified storyline set within the ALIEN Universe. For 2022 and into 2023, the editorial and writing teams will share assets and coordinate plotlines to form a cohesive narrative across three original novels and the multiple award-winning ALIEN RPG.

"The ALIEN RPG has established the 'Frontier War,' as remote human colonies come under assault by an unknown enemy, dropping a deadly pathogen that unleashes monsters on those worlds," Titan Acquisitions Editor Steve Saffel said. "At the same time, in the wake of the Titan novel Alien: Into Charybdis, political tensions on Earth reach a boiling point."

These dramatic events play out in the recently released ALIEN RPG: Colonial Marines Operations Manual by Free League and three upcoming trade paperback novels by Titan Books, each independent but all set against a dramatic galactic backdrop:

Alien: Colony War by David Barnett  (April 2022)
Alien: Inferno's Fall by Phillipa Ballantine and Clara Carija (July 2022)
Alien: Enemy of My Enemy by Mary SanGiovanni (February 2023)

The results will set the stage for further developments within the ALIEN Universe, as depicted in the roleplaying game and original fiction.

Find out more about the novel Alien: Colony War here.

To further establish the connection between the game and the novels, the ALIEN RPG lead setting writer Andrew E.C. Gaska will develop three unique RPG scenarios which will appear as bonus features in the books, one per novel. The first such scenario, Fallout, is included in Alien: Colony War. Readers intrigued by these adventures will have the opportunity to further explore the RPG experience.

Fantastic news! Loving the collaborative storytelling going on here. And after reading the stellar AVP sequel to Phalanx I'm gonna need some Preds added to the mix!

Kailem

For real, they need to do another Q&A livestream already so someone can ask Andrew Gaska when they're adding Predators again! :laugh:

judge death

This is great news!
The RPG is excellent with its lore, tying in dark horse comics and books and make it all fit nicely, and now with Titan books involved and using the same lore: Awesome!

Corporal Hicks

Heart of Darkness pre-order is up - https://freeleaguepublishing.com/en/store/?product_id=7621164597506

QuoteThis is a pre-order. The physical module will be sent to you ahead of the official release. You will get a full PDF of the module shortly after purchase.

INTERFACE 3301 — WEYLAND-YUTANI — FROM NETWORK

COMCON NODE 1010141 — EIJA33477975

MESSAGE BEGINS.

NEW LIFE DISCOVERED. CLASSIFICATION, EXTREMOPHILE. SERVICES REQUIRED. CONTRACT FOLLOWS.

AWAITING ACKNOWLEDGMENT...

The company found a new lifeform, and they want you to study it. Their offer's uncharacteristically generous—you catalog this organism, determine how they can use it, and bring it back so they can slap their patent on it. Fairly routine stuff. In exchange, they'll hook you up with a cushy corporate department head position, secure you a book deal, and make sure the institute of your choice gives you tenure. Did I mention the money? There's a lot of it. Simple survey, sample, and analysis job. Seemed too good to be true.

Of course it is.

Heart of Darkness is a complete Cinematic Scenario for the ALIEN roleplaying game, written by sci-fi novelist Andrew E.C. Gaska. It is a stand-alone adventure, but also serves as a conclusion to the Draconis Strain Saga begun in the cinematic scenario Chariot of the Gods and continued in Destroyer of Worlds. The scenario is designed for 3–5 players plus the Game Mother, and is a spiraling descent into soul-crushing madness. This boxed set contains:

The main Heart of Darkness scenario book.
A huge double-sided map (format 864x558mm) of the Erebos plasma trawling space station.
Seven pre-generated characters to choose from.
Custom cards for secret messages and personal agendas.
Player maps and handouts.

Some screenies in the email - https://mailchi.mp/frialigan/alien-heart-of-darkness-preorder?e=5b98231e96

Kailem

I wish they hadn't put what sounds like a massive spoiler in that last one, but glad to finally see some more artwork and get a price! Gonna have to pick this up to complete the trilogy.

judge death

Kailem

Just got round to actually pre-ordering it today and got my pdf copy almost immediately! I didn't realise it was already out in pdf form.

Now I can........continue not to look at it for fear of being spoiled even more before I potentially have the chance to play through it one day! :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Good lord I really have to catch up.

Xiggz456

Preordered and got my PDF! I've been re-reading the last batch of books (Phalanx, Infiltrator, and Into Charybdis) since I'd only read each once. Currently on Charybdis so I"ll be fully refreshed for Colony War. Once I finish Colony War I'll start making my way through the PDF!

Bughuntwilson

So the cat can be played apprently i wonder if hes a synthic like that anime lily cat?

judge death

judge death

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 21, 2022, 09:02:49 AM
Good lord I really have to catch up.
Im surprised you havent all releases from the rpg.  :o ;D
The alien series and its lore done right, with your description of certain details and its exactly how it should be.

Something I hope for that we get one day is:
RPG expansion of traders/smugglers and pirates in the alien universe. Play as a space pirate would be fun, Ridley if I recall it right mentioned or explained one reason to why Ash/androids was placed onboard spaceshipswas to eliminate the threat of piracy and smuggling or take the cargo and steal it etc.

Alien creatures book, stats and rpg rules for all alien creatures, old and new and with ton of interesting facts, from the lore and new.

Kailem

Quote from: judge death on Mar 30, 2022, 09:36:37 PMAlien creatures book, stats and rpg rules for all alien creatures, old and new and with ton of interesting facts, from the lore and new.

An Alien sourcebook is definitely something I'm hoping we see in the future. We've got the stats for all the "main" xenos in the core rules and other books, but there have been so many different types of Aliens shown throughout the years in games, comics and figures that it'd be awesome to get some expanded lore, stats and artwork for them.

Plus Andrew Gaska is a big Kenner fan and has already brought several Kenner figures into the RPG and alluded to others, so it'd be awesome to get things like the Queen Face Hugger and Mantis Alien in here officially.

Kailem

A recent livestream with Andrew Gaska where, at one point, he mentions again that the upcoming release schedule for new content as of the moment is looking to be (in this order of release):

-The "Building Better Worlds" colonist/explorer source book
-Another cinematic scenario
-A 'space trucker' source book

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed