Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 11, 2019, 07:56:37 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout First Impressions Are In & They’re Pretty Good! (Read 32,104 times)

Space Invader

Hemi

This made me laugh... thank you :D

Russ840

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 12, 2019, 12:26:50 AM
Wonder if this'll work on iPad.  I don't like small screens.

The App Store tells me my iPad Pro 10.5 is compatible so you prob good to go.

Corporal Hicks

There were also some new screenshots in here:

It looks good!

The Old One

The Old One

Graphical fidelity's alright.

That's some bizarre hive webbing.

Wonder when this takes place
in the timeline if it does at all.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 12, 2019, 05:58:59 AM
Quote from: Aliens Exist on Jan 12, 2019, 05:19:34 AM
What Android version do you need for this?

The 120A-2. They're less twitchy.  ;)

This is presenting so many questions I don't want to know the answer to.

Local Trouble

426Buddy

Wow Mr. H is really leading the crusade against this game.

The Kurgan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2019, 02:48:00 PM
Wow Mr. H is really leading the crusade against this game.

Gotta get dem clicks after all.

426Buddy

I mean is he saying that IGNs blackout review was paid for by Fox but that Isolations review wasnt paid for by... Fox?

Schrödinger

Ehhhh hell. May as well install a phone emulator and give this a shot. Any recommendation other than BlueStacks?

The Kurgan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2019, 02:54:55 PM
I mean is he saying that IGNs blackout review was paid for by Fox but that Isolations review wasnt paid for by... Fox?

That damned IGN review. If only Fox paid them off the first time, then we would have gotten a real Isolation sequel... ::)

AlienDestroysPredator

It's official. Mr. H is more in touch with the fanbase than half the people in these forums that are now defending this new mobile game.

TheSailingRabbit

Doesn't speak for every fan. Definitely not speaking for me.

Schrödinger

I'm not gonna defend it until I play it and see how well it's core mechanics, optimization, graphics, animation, and so on holds up. A Proper review needs to be proper.   

The main thing I'll look for though, since it's a 4.99 game that is said to be "Pay and Own" is to see if they sneak microtransactions into the game. If it has MTXs, then I'll give that shit a 0/10. 

That and wasn't it confirmed to not be a sequel or even a canon/EU extension at all? Thus Mr.H calling it a "Semi-Sequel" made no sense.  Thus it's a Spinoff in order to gain money. Logical business move, granted badly marketed in the upcoming days before the announcement video.

And on the "Fans" topic. Not all fans think alike, and there's always subset groups in all communities. The people in the forums are all lovers of Alien/Aliens/AvP/So on; with the given differential. People who play Mobile games and actually want to play this Blackout game are no more or no less than anyone else, they are still gamers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed