Legendary Encounters: Predator

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2015, 02:26:43 PM

Author
Legendary Encounters: Predator (Read 20,783 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I did the same for Alien. I went all black. Took me an age to do. xD

http://upperdeckstore.com/legendary-predator-alternate-playmat.html

Alternate art playmat is up on the Upper Deck store.

elemental-of-all

If i can just get an alien playmat (blank) i would be so happy. Would use it for every game of magic i play.

Rumor is that its delayed again? Any truth to this? I've been waiting so long :(

Corporal Hicks

Twas a week or 2 delay, I believe.

elemental-of-all

Heard about another delay, From mid august, to sept 2nd. (first delay) Now they are saying second week of september.

Corporal Hicks

Haven't heard about that one, I'm afraid. To be fair I'm just waiting for that message from my FLGS that says they're in.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like I'll be picking my copy up this Saturday.  ;D Very excited.

PRJ_since1990

Got mine as some might have seen on Twitter. Need to go buy more sleeves! Haven't played yet but will post results once I have.

Corporal Hicks

I hate you.  :P

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2015, 06:16:05 PM
I hate you.  :P
Hate you too!  ;D

As promised, I am posting results of the first game. It was played with my wife and 2 cousins (4 people total). We played the original Predator film as the Humans fighting the Predator.

It absolutely kicked our asses.

To sum up the nonsense that resulted in never completing Objective 1, we were forced to consistently pay 4 Strike to Scan the leftmost "The Wilds" space with Objective 1 attached to it, only to find ourselves each out of resources to never fully complete it. For those that don't know, Objective 1 reads "Locate and Destroy the Guerilla Camp." Once you locate the card in the Enemy Deck, it attaches itself to a space in "The Wilds" and to destroy it, you must clear the space and spend 1 strike point to discard it and complete Objective 1. Simple right?

The trouble is the Event cards...you move the Camp one space to the right each time an Event happens, meaning the cost goes up to scan it from one section to the next and maxes out at 4. Between a mix of dumb Damage cards ripping cards out of our hands and having too few strike cards to deal with the camp PLUS whatever is underneath it PLUS 1 strike to get rid of it, we were subsequently destroyed. And we loved every minute of it! Can't wait to give it another crack.

Corporal Hicks

Finally got mine on Saturday. Finishing sleeving up and sorting yesterday. None missing. Going to my buddies tonight to have a play. Can't wait.  ;D

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2015, 10:57:13 AM
Finally got mine on Saturday. Finishing sleeving up and sorting yesterday. None missing. Going to my buddies tonight to have a play. Can't wait.  ;D
Good luck and post results dude!

Corporal Hicks

We played 2 games as humans, playing Predator. Lost both. First time we fluked it into Objective 2 but couldn't finish it. Second time we couldn't even get past Objective 1. We played a game as the Predators, I lost by 2 points.  :-\ He'd been duelling me from the start so I was pretty bad off early on.

Really enjoyed it. The core mechanics are obvious to you if you've played Alien but it still feels very different. There's a lot of emphasis on helping each other out to get the Call For Back-Up bonuses which is harder with 2 players.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 15, 2015, 07:45:18 AM
We played 2 games as humans, playing Predator. Lost both. First time we fluked it into Objective 2 but couldn't finish it. Second time we couldn't even get past Objective 1. We played a game as the Predators, I lost by 2 points.  :-\ He'd been duelling me from the start so I was pretty bad off early on.

Really enjoyed it. The core mechanics are obvious to you if you've played Alien but it still feels very different. There's a lot of emphasis on helping each other out to get the Call For Back-Up bonuses which is harder with 2 players.
Agreed. I hope to play some more tomorrow night with a friend of mine.

I'm glad you enjoyed it (and got past Objective 1)! Btw, you know you're going to have to do a Podcast on this game in the near future!

PRJ_since1990

PRJ reporting in on recent Predator game...

Had 2 of my buddies over last night. The three of us found objective 1 enormously frustrating to beat. It feels like we never have enough resources to complete it. We did get to Objective 2 (finally) but by then we were taking up to 3 strikes a turn. Needless to say, we were defeated.

Corporal Hicks

So we had a game night at Shevvie's on Saturday. Did a few games of the X-Com board game (really addictive) and we tried the Predator mission of Legendary. Got spanked again! This expansion just seems so much harder this time around!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed