20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 27,998 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I mean anyone who likes the AVP idea in general, does not want a new AVP film probably set in the future and anywhere but Earth, to connect to the last attempt.
I'm sorry- I stayed up late beyond a reasonable time last night.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think she means that if we must have an AvP flick, it should be set in the Aliens era.  At least that way we can bring the USCM in on the action and set it anywhere but Earth.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes nearly exactly so, perhaps set long after the Resurrection/USM era for all I care, if it's got recognisable aspects from the Aliens/AlienĀ³ era, it's quickly going to acquire a large number of people anticipating it.
My apologies- for being totally unclear last night.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Unrelated but could have an impact. Bob Iger has stepped down from Disney, after a shareholders meeting decided to replace him with Disney CEO Bob Chapek in the past day. Chapek's background is Disney theme-park rides and merchandise products.

Apparently he said "scenes of smoking will be banned in any film (including subsidiary 20th Century Films) rated PG-13 or below" and he wants to move forward with lgb+ characters as his first two visions as new Disney leader.

Make of that what you will.

The Old One

The Old One

Then hire Alex White, Kelsey Taylor, Noah Miller and James Stokoe for your Alien story group. 

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Mar 11, 2020, 09:00:23 PM
Unrelated but could have an impact. Bob Iger has stepped down from Disney, after a shareholders meeting decided to replace him with Disney CEO Bob Chapek in the past day. Chapek's background is Disney theme-park rides and merchandise products.

Apparently he said "scenes of smoking will be banned in any film (including subsidiary 20th Century Films) rated PG-13 or below" and he wants to move forward with lgb+ characters as his first two visions as new Disney leader.

Make of that what you will.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9bff654ad59504948e2aa34fcac01871/5dde5cad2c9b8496-72/s500x750/d6a838d304934c8c15746abdbc81f960f1a26e05.gifv

Unless there's another AVP situation I don't think we have to worry about smoking impacting anything. And when it comes to either Alien or Predator, neither creature really has any stake in what direction the Human characters swing.

I can actually see an anti-smoking message in a Predator film but the thing sees heat anyways so lighting up is a bad idea in the first place. I feel like on of the films even did that.

SM

Yeah I don't see any of those things to be especially controversial.

Won't stop Youtube shouters making a bunch of videos complaining about "woke" Disney though.

Huggs

Pandering is part of business.

Local Trouble

Didn't Covenant already give us LGBT characters?  Did anyone smoke in it that wasn't either on fire or burned by acid?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 11, 2020, 11:18:11 PM
Didn't Covenant already give us LGBT characters?  Did anyone smoke in it that wasn't either on fire or burned by acid?

Someone might start ranting.

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler
I believe Lope's queer, but we only know, because of the rings shown as Hallett passes.
[close]
Overall A/V/P's LGBT representation's mostly absent apart from Marsalis Blue and Olivia.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Huggs

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed