The Predator Home Releases

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 12, 2018, 09:03:19 AM

Author
The Predator Home Releases (Read 68,958 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Keyes on Oct 30, 2018, 05:03:48 PM
UK release info just uploaded to Facebook:

Well that's unfortunate. Fans in the UK have to wait a whole month and a half later.  :-\

I guess Fox wants it on US shelves before Christmas.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Best Buy Steelbook details

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 30, 2018, 05:09:28 PM
Well that's unfortunate. Fans in the UK have to wait a whole month and a half later.  :-\

Unfortunately home media isn't permitted to be released within 4 months of the cinema release here in the UK, so The Predator for us just misses the Christmas window.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 30, 2018, 06:37:53 PM
Best Buy Steelbook details

https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6297/6297168_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

Is that interior design concept art?  Hmm. Not a big fan of that

Quote from: Keyes on Oct 30, 2018, 07:25:16 PM

Unfortunately home media isn't permitted to be released within 4 months of the cinema release here in the UK, so The Predator for us just misses the Christmas window.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for explaining!

----

The Predator (2018) and Exclusive Funko POP! The Predator 4K/UHD) (Target REDcard Exclusive)

HighlightsOnly at Target!
REDcard exclusive bundle
Limited edition 36 page "The Art of the Hunt" Gallery Book AND Exclusive Funko POP!
Predator4K/UHD + Blu-Ray + Digital Code
https://www.target.com/p/the-predator-2018-4k-uhd-target-redcard-exclusive/-/A-54207704?clkid=425755ffN611ce44f808920fcce2f40cc&lnm=81938&afid=bluray&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

This art on the book, on the otherhand, I do like.

PredAlien BG386

PredAlien BG386

Like that Artwork inside The Steelbook

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Preordered a while ago, normal blu ray is fine for me.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: skull-splitter on Oct 30, 2018, 11:12:54 PM
normal blu ray is fine for me.

Same here. I just can't justify 4k, and my minimalism can't tolerate a bunch of booklets/statues. I just want the movie. Disc goes in the wallet, case goes in recycling. No dust, no fuss, no wasted space.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wasn't aware of that! Where did you read this?

Well, I'm certainly not too impressed with the details so far. Seems pretty bare. The lack of commentary is just... ??? I suppose Black and Dekker are probably sick of this film by now.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

They could have at least had a cast commentary

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 31, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

I wasn't aware of that! Where did you read this?

Well, I'm certainly not too impressed with the details so far. Seems pretty bare. The lack of commentary is just... ??? I suppose Black and Dekker are probably sick of this film by now.

I can't provide an exact quote, but it's from what I've read various times online and the Blu-ray forums. I believe it's something around 17 weeks from cinema to DVD in the UK, as that's the agreement with the cinema chains for the theatrical distribution window.

Just as a note, but Shane Black never provided a commentary track with his last film, The Nice Guys, either.

Really

Really

I was really very curious if Shane was going to do a commentary on this garbage. There's just no defending this nonsense

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Keyes on Oct 31, 2018, 05:55:08 PM
Just as a note, but Shane Black never provided a commentary track with his last film...

Interesting. It's probably for the best with this movie though. I don't think I could sit through both the film and an excuse track at the same time.  ;D

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

I was kind of guessing the UK release would be a January 2019 release and the November 2018 USA digital release would be jumping the shark.

I hate to say it but.............this will be a torrential rain release for me..... :'(

Well at least I bought a full priced cinema ticket, so I've done my part.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 31, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

I was kind of guessing the UK release would be a January 2019 release and the November 2018 USA digital release would be jumping the shark.

I hate to say it but.............this will be a torrential rain release for me..... :'(

When supporting a franchise, purchasing a cinema ticket but bootlegging a home video copy is not fully doing one's part in my opinion.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 31, 2018, 08:27:31 PM
Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Oct 31, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

When supporting a franchise, purchasing a cinema ticket but bootlegging a home video copy is not fully doing one's part in my opinion.

And here I thought it was a joke about the weather in England or something.  :D

As for "doing one's part", I think that is definitely subjective. Calling out problems and mistakes in a civil/respectful fashion is also doing one's part. Like when some people say you have to support your favorite sports team, even when they lose constantly, or you're not a true fan. I disagree with that notion. You locate the problem, and either remove it and/or press for change. That's how things improve.

So I did my part by not buying a ticket. I simply couldn't and wouldn't support the nutty approach this movie took with the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed