Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 31, 2016, 07:10:43 AM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams No Longer Scoring Alien: Covenant? (Read 37,129 times)

NickisSmart

HGW didn't compose the Space Jockey theme, did he? I loved that theme. More of that grand, evil shit, this time around, please.

Kronnang_Dunn

I would rather prefer Goldsmith or Horner any day, but sadly... they got themselves perished... :'(

Necronomicon II

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 01, 2016, 09:45:47 PM
I wonder WTF is going on?  ???

Were Fox unhappy with the "psychodelic" tone? And decided to scrap the entire soundtrack?

https://i.imgur.com/ELeK0MZ.png

Quote from: Ephemer Nine on Nov 01, 2016, 08:24:10 PM
Where did this theory of the son leaking the pictures come from? I probably missed it in the midst of this news bombardment.

From your squad leader.

Those psychedelic "soundscape" recordings were composed by Stefan Behrisch, so I doubt an entire finished score was done yet, Rogue One had a switch in composers as well due to scheduling conflicts caused by re-shoots.

Protozoid

I wonder if this means that reshoots are going to happen. Prometheus changed a lot in post. I really wish I could see the first cut of the movie, before the reshoots.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 01, 2016, 09:45:47 PM
Quote from: Ephemer Nine on Nov 01, 2016, 08:24:10 PM
Where did this theory of the son leaking the pictures come from? I probably missed it in the midst of this news bombardment.

From your squad leader.

I was just talking out loud/joking about that. Not to be taken seriously. I'm as curious about the actual story as you guys are.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Nov 02, 2016, 05:11:06 AM
Those psychedelic "soundscape" recordings were composed by Stefan Behrisch, so I doubt an entire finished score was done yet, Rogue One had a switch in composers as well due to scheduling conflicts caused by re-shoots.

That's interesting, I was under the impression that it was Gregson-Williams' composition they were recording. Do you think Gregson-Williams may have pulled-out/been fired (for whatever reason) before he did anything?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 02, 2016, 08:19:11 AM
I was just talking out loud/joking about that. Not to be taken seriously. I'm as curious about the actual story as you guys are.

Just be careful about starting such rumours though. Most of us here know you weren't really serious but you know how the internet can sometimes take something like that and turn it into "fact" overnight.  :)

Abed

'Just be careful about starting such rumours though. Most of us here know you weren't really serious but you know how the internet can sometimes take something like that and turn it into "fact" overnight.' - Like when the IMDb gossip from HGW's alleged son was reported on here.

Corporal Hicks

I'm assuming you're having a dig for reporting the Neomorph news with that comment? We didn't report that "gossip" - we learnt further details independently, some of which matched up with the gossip.

Necronomicon II

Given Gregson-Williams' comment - "...after all! - it sounds like he was let go before he even did anything, maybe Ridley now has someone else in mind after watching the first cut? Maybe it's all at the behest of the studio, personally an extension of Goldsmith's work would be great but with some apocalyptic/macabre elements as well.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, that's also the feeling I got from that comment. Anyway, a few other movie news sites have picked-up on this story as well so we'll see if anything else drops out in the coming days.

Abed

That wasn't intended as a dig at all.

Pvt. Himmel

Heyuguys.com says that there are rumors that reshoots are needed and that is a possibility that his schedule may not have allowed.

http://www.heyuguys.com/harry-gregson-williams-alien-covenant/   

whiterabbit

Oh so simply put, he's out because of scheduling conflicts concerning the reshoots? I actually thought the rumors were fact, which made it hard to believe someone's grown kid would do something so stupid. Of course it could be a conspiracy to frame the guy by the person who leaked the set pics.

BonesawT101

Wonder where they got the information that covenant was going to need 'rumoured reshoots'?

whiterabbit

Reshoots happen. It's practically assumed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed