Scar vs. Falconer

Started by Bloodee Jacob, Feb 05, 2011, 10:31:28 PM

Who wins? (Extended Wristblades/Blade Only)

Scar
4 (40%)
Faloncer
5 (50%)
Draw
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author
Scar vs. Falconer (Read 2,189 times)

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 10:52:35 AM
Well shit. I still say he's likely to win though. If Falconer lost to a Katana man, he really should be no game for Scar. Could go either way though.

What did Scar do that was so impressive? He overpowered a 60+ year old man. Aside from that one scene where he cut off an alien's head with a shuriken, he basically spent the latter half of the film being ambushed by Xenos at every turn due to carelessness.

Falconer dominated against an experienced swordsman, he had Hanzo at his mercy for the majority of the fight up until the very end.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Do I... Well could we... gah. Silly fight arguments.

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 06, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
What did Scar do that was so impressive?
What did Falconer do that was so impressive? :P
Scar and Falconer were both more or less standard fare for their species, nothing really special on both sides. Difference is that Scar made short work of a 2 meters tall (no tail counted) double mouthed Locusta Lizard from outer Space without even getting to a fight, it was Falconer that did nothing outright impressive. He held to an experienced swordsman yeah, nothing that can be compared to an Alien.

Aside from that one scene where he cut off an alien's head with a shuriken,
You call that nothing? ;) :P

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 11:11:13 AMHe held to an experienced swordsman yeah, nothing that can be compared to an Alien.

A sword master with a razor sharp katana seems like an equally deadly opponent as a creature that fights with claws, teeth & a barbed tail.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 11:11:13 AM
Aside from that one scene where he cut off an alien's head with a shuriken,
You call that nothing? ;) :P

I said aside from that scene. And really, Scar making a quick move & slashing an alien the way he did doesn't show how he would do in a face-to-face fight. My guess is that Falconer's massive wrist blade would shatter Scar's & then he would simply be decapitated or cut in half.

It could probably go either way, but I know who my money would be on.

samoht

samoht

Well, scar did do that badass thing wear he jumped and stabbed the Queen in the head.

Probably Scar.

But then Falconer was able to fight a trained guy with a Katana. Takes a lot of skill do mess with that shit.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: samoht on Feb 06, 2011, 11:29:53 AM
Well, scar did do that badass thing wear he jumped and stabbed the Queen in the head.

He attacked the Queen from behind while she was distracted, that's not the same as a toe-to-toe battle.

Falconer showed skill in his fight with Hanzo, blocking & countering many of his strikes & throwing him to the ground on more than one occasion. The predator could have killed him easily if it really wanted to.

samoht

samoht

Yeah, but it looked badass.
But I get your point.

Falconer was able to draw with a skilled swordsman. He must be trained quite well.
I guess falconer would win if we judge by what we saw.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 06, 2011, 11:26:36 AM
A sword master with a razor sharp katana seems like an equally deadly opponent as a creature that fights with claws, teeth & a barbed tail.
Mmm, nah, not really, no, never.

I said aside from that scene.
Which is taking a bit from his skills, don't you think? Well ok... apart from that scene, there's when he jumped like, 6 metres in the air and stabbed the Queen in the head. It's skill we are talking about here, so it counts. The Queen being distracted is neither here nor there.

My guess is that Falconer's massive wrist blade would shatter Scar's & then he would simply be decapitated or cut in half.
I don't know how Falconer's blade would shatter a pair of Predator wristblades when it failed doing so with an old human-made katana. And where does Scar's noticeable quantity of armor come into play?

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 11:36:36 AM

I said aside from that scene.
Which is taking a bit from his skills, don't you think? Well ok... apart from that scene, there's when he jumped like, 6 metres in the air and stabbed the Queen in the head. It's skill we are talking about here, so it counts. The Queen being distracted is neither here nor there.

My guess is that Falconer's massive wrist blade would shatter Scar's & then he would simply be decapitated or cut in half.
I don't know how Falconer's blade would shatter a pair of Predator wristblades when it failed doing so with an old human-made katana. And where does Scar's noticeable quantity of armor come into play?

I agree. As I much as I hate myself for saying this, I've to go with Scar.

Stalker

Stalker

Why? Aliens don't fight with skill, humans do. It's not just about strength or animal brutality, but technique. Hanzo & Falconer both obviously knew how to use their blades well.

The Queen snapped Scar's combistick in half, his equipment obviously wasn't indestructible. Falconer's wrist blade was also much larger & more sword-like than Scar's giving it more leverage & power. As far as the armour, the Xenos penetrated through it easily with their jaws & tails, so I doubt it would stand up to the metal of another predator.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Falconer! Even though Hanzo put up a decent fight, Falconer was toying with him and i believe lost due to his ego like many other preds! Also Scar is a teenage predator (I hate saying that, but its cannon). Keep in mind also Falconer is a SP (Hate saying that as well) and is a lot bigger than Scar and probably hold more strength.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 06, 2011, 11:48:12 AM
Why?
Oh I don't know, have you seen an Alien film?

The Queen snapped Scar's combistick in half, his equipment obviously wasn't indestructible.
Of course. But could that blade really shatter them? And couldn't vice-versa also happen?

Falconer's wrist blade was also much larger & more sword-like than Scar's giving it more leverage & power.
Complete assumption.

As far as the armour, the Xenos penetrated through it easily with their jaws & tails, so I doubt they would stand up to the metal of another predator.
Cut =/= stab. The bodily armor wasn't affected by the jaw bites, and the tail didn't stab where armor was. Also the Aliens are Aliens (enough said). Also I don't really know how a single blade would do the same kind of damage as an inner jaw or a tail would do (completely different kind of weapons), but whatever I guess.

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 11:55:10 AM
Why?
Oh I don't know, have you seen an Alien film?

And what exactly makes an alien so superior in a close range fight than a trained martial artist with a katana? The sword can do just as much damage if not more than teeth & claws, & there is training & technique behind each move. Not to mention, we never actually saw Scar fight any Xenos face-to-face in the first place to see his combat skill.

The Queen snapped Scar's combistick in half, his equipment obviously wasn't indestructible.
Of course. But could that blade really shatter them? And couldn't vice-versa also happen?

Falconer's blade was at least twice the size of Scar's in terms of thickness, I wouldn't be surprised if it could break them. At the very least he could easily parry.

I don't really know how a single blade would do the same kind of damage as an inner jaw or a tail would do (completely different kind of weapons).

So you're trying to tell me a huge 3ft wristblade couldn't cut or stab as effectively as claws or a tail barb?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 06, 2011, 12:09:29 PM
And what exactly makes an alien so superior in a close range fight than a trained martial artist with a katana?
I-
I mean, really? Inner jaw, arms, legs, tail, molecular acid for blood? Katana man equally as deadly? Not in a million googleplexes of lightyears.

Falconer's blade was at least twice the size of Scar's in terms of thickness, I wouldn't be surprised if it could break them. At the very least he could easily parry.
Again. It failed in shattering a very old (according to Hanzo) human made sword with human metals. If it can't break a Katana, how can it break another Predator blade? It's a great assumption.

So you're trying to tell me a huge 3ft wristblade couldn't cut or stab as effectively as claws or a tail barb?
And you're trying to tell me it is as practical to use in a stabbing fashion as a tail is?

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 12:16:22 PM
And what exactly makes an alien so superior in a close range fight than a trained martial artist with a katana?
I-
I mean, really? Inner jaw, arms, legs, tail, molecular acid for blood? Katana man equally as deadly? Not in a million googleplexes of lightyears.
Aside from the acid blood, I'd say the swordsman would definitely have a fighting chance. The closest thing we've seen to a human/alien fight was Dillon standing his ground with an axe in Alien 3, hardly the same as an expert with a katana.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 06, 2011, 12:16:22 PM
And you're trying to tell me it is as practical to use in a stabbing fashion as a tail is?

It's basically an arm sword. It's made for stabbing & slashing. I don't see how it's impractical.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Stalker on Feb 06, 2011, 12:23:36 PM
Aside from the acid blood,
What's with all these 'asides'...? If you are taking into account an Alien, you are taking into account all of it.

The closest thing we've seen to a human/alien fight was Dillon standing his ground with an axe in Alien 3, hardly the same as an expert with a katana.
Dillon was hardly fighting the Alien. His only purpose was drag time enough for Ripley to pour the molten lead. He could never have wounded the Alien, let alone kill it.

It's basically an arm sword. It's made for stabbing & slashing. I don't see how it's impractical.
It's mounted onto the wrist. It has a lot of limits a tail doesn't have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed