Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,525 times)

SM

SM

That doesn't really fit with what Perez says though.

Drukathi

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 30, 2021, 08:18:04 PM
But once AVP's least favorite fan Ridley Scott got back into the game, Ridley retconned AVP out.  As per "Prometheus" writer Damion Lindeloff:

• "When I said to [Ridley Scott], 'You know, Weyland was a character in one of the Alien Vs. Predator movies,' he just sort of looked at me like I had just slapped him in the face. That was the beginning, middle and end of all Alien Vs. Predator references in our story process."

God bless Sir Ridley Scott.

Maybe in the one bright day another strong director will retcon Alien3/AR. ::)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

*dark day *weak director

EDIT: (Thought it pretty obvious I'm not calling Riddles anything btw, as that would be supremely bizarre given my post history, or attitude in general.) 

HuDaFuK

Calling Ridley a weak director is just laughable. He's a fantastic director. He's made several of the most iconic movies ever made.

He just has no eye for a good script.

Corporal Hicks

He's just not a good writer. Not that he's written the script, but his influence on the narrative is to the detriment.

BlueMarsalis79

I am not calling him that?

I am saying that retconning other entries in the franchise's not the sign of a particularly strong director.

It's a rebuttal to Drukathi's nonsense statement and nothing more.

Drukathi

That's what happens when people neglect to quote button.

In addition, I do not see any nonsense in my words. If you like Alien 3 - good for you. But remember - in the case of retcon, no one will take from you your precious film.

Also - it should be remembered that in the case of a successful retcon. No one will cry about Alien 3. Because... why? Oh yeah, because the film is still on the shelf and you can take it and, well... you know... watch!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The idea it will be a "bright day" and even requires a "strong director" -to come to fruition, that's the nonsensical part, other than that if you can stop putting words in my mouth it's appreciated.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Retconning half a franchise is just lazy story-telling and artistically bankrupt.

If that's what it takes to "save" a series then maybe it's time to let it die and come up with something else.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 31, 2021, 02:08:01 PM
Retconning half a franchise is just lazy story-telling and artistically bankrupt.

I think technically it's a third now. But I'm not being facetious when I ask, does the amount of films being retconned (in your eyes) affect your opinion of it being lazy or artistically bankrupt? Like if they retconned just one film, say AR, would that change your opinion? (Genuinely asking)

BlueMarsalis79

I think it will disappointingly most likely indicate the absence of ingenuity.

Apart from that and verisimilitude being thrown to the wind...

I don't really care, I don't think continuity or canon necessarily give things validation, I think merit and authenticity do.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Mar 31, 2021, 04:41:59 AM
That doesn't really fit with what Perez says though.
He's speaking in metaphors ;)

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 31, 2021, 02:42:46 PM
I think it will disappointingly most likely indicate the absence of ingenuity.

Apart from that and verisimilitude being thrown to the wind...

I don't really care, I don't think continuity or canon necessarily give things validation, I think merit and authenticity do.
This is a good mindset.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 02:25:00 PM
I think technically it's a third now. But I'm not being facetious when I ask, does the amount of films being retconned (in your eyes) affect your opinion of it being lazy or artistically bankrupt? Like if they retconned just one film, say AR, would that change your opinion? (Genuinely asking)

How about three fifths ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 31, 2021, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 02:25:00 PM

How about three fifths ?

Then there's 8/9 retconned for Halloween 2018 (or 5/6 if you remove the Rob Zombie reboot flicks and Season of the Witch).

And it was good!

BlueMarsalis79

But a third or even half of them already ignored each other and just did whatever the wanted to anyway?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed