Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,626 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 03:17:49 AM
Including the humanoid rhynthbursters?

Yes.

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 03:17:49 AM
Including the humanoid rhynthbursters?

I have to admit, I do cringe at those.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 01:18:24 AM
Forgetting the nonsense AVP/R/2010.

For the original Alien, from the first three films and Alien Isolation, and then the ones featured in Alien Covenant.

They do exist separately because of The Cold Forge's establishment of Plagiarus Preapotens (original Alien) and then Alien The RPG's establishment of Plagiarus Linesteres (Alien Covenant) as a separate strain.
Sorry but have to say I love you after this statement and the stuff you´ve said in this thread :D One of the few who think like me and know the groundrules set up from the rpg and past alien lore, with same worries as myself for what marvel is up to and from the sound it will change the lore drasticly for the worse if one follow what has been established in the past like myself.

I think it's far more likely that it'll be something to do with the black goo is responsible for this Xeno-lady than the actual Aliens themselves.
The problem with that is that the black goo dont work int hat manner and creates fully working creatures, as we saw in covenant and fire and stone etc: it mutates the creature exposed to it horrible and barely a working creature after it nor are their bodies anywhere near intact or working as it should. Saw was killed by it and mutated horrible and not looking anything like this nor did the xeno and the humans exposed to black go look anything like this either. And we know from past stories and games etc it cant be royal jelly either since it dont do this either. PAst comics and books says no to black go making perfect human/xenomorph hybrids that has eyes and fully perfect and working bodies, she would been a disaster, an abomination walking.

But I can see weyland yutani doing experiments and try the stuff david did but then we need to see more evolution of mutations and creatures to reach to that status, but then she wouldnt have eyes as the black goo and xeno dna removes it.
Have to see but it better be a EXCELLENT explanation, which I doubt and its more like the user: Drukathi said:
In order not to upset in the future, it is better to keep in mind that future directors and writers will not rely on the board game and other books. Especially the directors.

Better to accept Plagiarus Preapotens and things from RPG like a part of extended universe that placed separately from films prime canon, the core universe.

But to me its breaking what has been set up as ground rules for how xenomorphs work.

Been thinking about this and I have a theory of what we might be up against for the worse and good for those who dont follow the past lore as strict:
The story will take place on either a space station or a planet where weyland yutani is doing experiments on the perfect organism and weaponise it(althought he movies and novels say they never got their hands on them, especielly resurrection)
And they have been breeding them for several generations when they escape and we will probably follow that scientists story and escape from the base.
The normal xenomorphs will be the cannon fodder as the true villain will be more advanced xenos, namely the human/xeno female hybrid(why else would they show it in the trailer?) She will be the one controlling the xenomorphs and is the result of many generations of xenomorphs breed with humans, after a while the xenos dna has been exhanged to more human and hence the human look and breasts and eyes etc. (they said in interview that they would show what happens when you breed xenos with same hosts for a long time and this would explain this new creature).
And it will become a fight between her and her army of xenomorphs, normal and mutated ones and the weyland yutani scientist trying to escape.
(but this ruins the meaning of xenomorphs being the perfect creature and now we will have something more human which the story writer wants to be seen as even better, it would solve one issue with the xenomorph and fit marvels story writing with adding new charachters and villains: having a human/xeno hybrid would allow the xenomorphs to talk and have a development as a charachter, you cant that with the normal xeno. But this breaks the ground rules for the xenos so damn much I cant even begin. First: the normal xenomorph is perfect and the ultimate creature, not this thing, now we just nerf the xeno to insects and having these new hybrids as superiour, they arent even xenomorphs... Also, if xenomorphs change by doing their breeding, we will not have the original xeno after a while as they mutate into something very different, and we know from the lore: queens dont take on hosts dna and dont ever change so this idea of: you can evolve the xenomorphs by letting them breed for generations with the same hosts is breaking the established lore, ton of games, comics and even predator movies showing they dont work like that.)
Seems its hard to follow simple ground rules set up after 30 years and instead we see marvel ignore much of it in the art and doing new things the xenomorphs never done before, degrading what is: the perfect organism, its not enough we must add hybrids and humanoid xenos into this. xD

Someone remind me after the whole story is out to reply to this twitter reply from the writer, if the marvel story indeed do make the idea I presented above or even more ground rule breaking stuff for their story, because that is jumping the shark in my book and ignoring all past lore:
https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/status/1365730368649887745

Although its my theory baseds on whats been said and shown and what if its not due to black goe or royal jelly etc, hopefully im very wrong :) But have to see.

[cancerblack]

Totally fine with black goo making Giger humanoids, if it's as one aspect of a lengthy and horrific biomechanical/industrialised surgical procedure that the goo just helps along. Essentially the "glue" for all the extra parts.

SM

SM

I don't imagine there was no goo at all involved in doing this to Shaw.

[cancerblack]

Pretty much my line of thought, and I'm happy to see that prop every time.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: SM on Mar 01, 2021, 11:53:33 PM

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U5DaA0IPyEE/WlNkuX84KwI/AAAAAAAAmpI/sqso24AL_1w7mdgpmxvQDWMxUiAfHKR_wCKgBGAs/s400/shaw%2Bcorpse%2Bhead%2B2
Black go involved yes but she is dead and that is pretty disurbing malformations in my eyes, nech oversized, head malformed and flesh sticking out etc, cant see her walking around like that in that state.

SuperiorIronman

Is the goo even that consistent enough to not make a bug person?
Lets ignore spin off material and material made by Darkhorse like Fire and Stone because we have to assume we're operating in a different continuity and that the creative team is only going to know the films. I understand some RPG books have material related to the goo but we also have to assume the creative team isn't going to know that. They likely are going to need approval from the I.P holder but it's likely they're going to base this off the films.

In Prometheus we see Fiefeld become some sort of mutant and the worms become the bigger worm. Otherwise an accelerated pregnancy that results in an evil starfish which eventually spawns the Deacon. An Engineer also disintegrates and that guy mutates a little but otherwise his sperm is changed and I guess starts to melt later.

In Covenant the goo outright kills the Engineers and maybe makes the pods which spawns the not Alien which eventually after messing around with Shaw results in the totally not Alien but still kind of Alien.

The goo makes monsters is what it does on film. If it makes bug women, fine I guess.

kwisatz

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U5DaA0IPyEE/WlNkuX84KwI/AAAAAAAAmpI/sqso24AL_1w7mdgpmxvQDWMxUiAfHKR_wCKgBGAs/s400/shaw%2Bcorpse%2Bhead%2B2

I bet there were all kinds of goo involved in doing this to Shaw

judge death

According to the movies: no, but I disagree on not looking at all alien material, someone gave the green light to it and had to put it into cannon in the past and I fail to see how the ones owning the franchise not keeping an eye on keeping a clear line on what can exist and cant exist but handwave away stuff and say: that didnt exist in this new timeline or this version we want to do, becomes a big mess in my eyes xD

but well if one use the handwaving it away what we know and do what the story writer wants: there is no stop and they can easily use the black goo or royal jelly to make new xenomorph creatures or hybrid humans or acid shoting weapons etc, its all down to the writer/director to pick and chose and we fans try to make sense of it :P Until the next story writer/director comes in and says: screw that, now I want to do this and that old story we made: its gone its a spinn off now xD

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on Mar 02, 2021, 12:11:26 AM

I bet there were all kinds of goo involved in doing this to Shaw

Plagiarus Linesteres.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 02, 2021, 12:09:28 AM
I guess.

It is consistent enough. Even just going by the films. David explains the rules.

SM

SM

Quote from: judge death on Mar 02, 2021, 12:00:03 AM

Black go involved yes but she is dead and that is pretty disurbing malformations in my eyes, nech oversized, head malformed and flesh sticking out etc, cant see her walking around like that in that state.

Fifield got around okay with disturbing malformations.  I mean, he was really cross - but otherwise.

BlueMarsalis79

Although the parts themselves may indeed be the result of the Pathogen, the attachment (look at for example the bones inserted into the cheeks under the skin that clearly don't belong to the subject originally) of that crown if you like, clearly mirrors a serial killer's post mortem mutilation of their victim.

Immortan Jonesy

The strange thing is that the crown is biomechanical in aesthetics. Isn't there supposed to be no such thing until Giger's Alien / Derelict eggs?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed