Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,591 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer it is Alien to life itself.
No creator, no creation, originating from another place we can never reach.
If it's origin's not that, I have more appreciation for Alien Covenant's depiction, than anything else shown.

SuperiorIronman

Change a few details and others keep intentionally vague.
For example the events in Antarctica change to being vague. The event does occur but you simply don't make mention of Weyland since the Prequels changed that. So Lex and Scar still do the sled ride of friendship but whether the Weyland company was involved is left vague. The modern Xenos still exist but are Predator specific and not what will be the Xeno of the Alien movies. They're all dead by the end of Requiem anyways so beyond Lex's spear and Gunnison if it comes up can be ignored.

Another option is that both events are canonical with them leading to essentially the same thing. They both converge at the Alien movies so on a timeline you'd have both split off but converge at the events of Alien and since Alien and forward is where the future meetups would occur you can leave it at that. Both options are then valid.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Or just do not, nothing worth the effort in the AVP films we have, anyway in my opinion. Put the resources into making AVP (The Original Graphic Novel) part of the universe. Along with Monolith's AVP 2001 instead.

Local Trouble

Including the humanoid rhynthbursters?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 02:58:18 AM
I prefer it is Alien to life itself.
No creator, no creation, originating from another place we can never reach.
If it's origin's not that, I have more appreciation for Alien Covenant's depiction, than anything else shown.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 01, 2021, 03:17:50 AM
Including the humanoid rhynthbursters?

You will notice I did not mention AVP Classic or Primal Hunt at all.

😝

Local Trouble

But weren't they in the original comic series though?  ???

BlueMarsalis79

Oh right that yes fair enough.
I suppose one can take the approach of integrating it like the "Wooden Planet" Habitation Sphere in Alien The RPG for example.
Or give us an updated re-release.

🤭

Local Trouble

I preferred my backstory for Arceon.  :-\

EJA

EJA

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 01:18:24 AM
Forgetting the nonsense AVP/R/2010.

For the original Alien, from the first three films and Alien Isolation, and then the ones featured in Alien Covenant.

They do exist separately because of The Cold Forge's establishment of Plagiarus Preapotens (original Alien) and then Alien The RPG's establishment of Plagiarus Linesteres (Alien Covenant) as a separate strain.

But that isn't what's in Covenant.

Drukathi

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 01, 2021, 01:18:24 AM
They do exist separately because of The Cold Forge's establishment of Plagiarus Preapotens (original Alien) and then Alien The RPG's establishment of Plagiarus Linesteres (Alien Covenant) as a separate strain.

In order not to upset in the future, it is better to keep in mind that future directors and writers will not rely on the board game and other books. Especially the directors.

Better to accept Plagiarus Preapotens and things from RPG like a part of extended universe that placed separately from films prime canon, the core universe.

BlueMarsalis79

For the foreseeable future it's just as important to me, whether it is always in the eyes of 20th Century Studios or Disney's not my concern, things change I am okay with that reality.

1. Alex White's masterpieces will always be just that, canon or non-canon to the continuity, although I do like the take on the universe being built by Alien Isolation, Cold Forge, Into Charybdis, The RPG, and Phalanx.

2. If Plagiarus Linesteres becomes Plagiarus Preapotens down the line because David's in fact the creator of the original Alien it is fine with me.

3. It's just as Alien to me, if an artificial intelligence created it, perhaps even more so.

HumanPredator

HumanPredator

This storyline seems to be what the alien series needs. Small, personal, dramatic...instead of these wide scale space traversing crap.

BlueMarsalis79

What of this new Marvel one indicates personal to you? If anything so far this' the one graphic novel with the farthest reaching implications. Since the contentious Fire and Stone and Life and Death.

Ultramorph

The solicits make it seem like the first arc is character focused on the main Marine and his son. From what I've read, I suspect if any of the Prometheus stuff shows up, it will be in flashbacks that get dealt with more later on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed