Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,327 times)

SiL

SiL

That's not really in the movie. He says they came "from these eggs", but never actually says what the eggs are.

BlueMarsalis79

It's obvious, considering the dissected Neomorphs being all around him when he says it:
"Patience is everything. From the eggs came these parasites. Shock troops of the genetic assault. Waiting for a host. Entering the host. Rewriting the DNA. And ultimately producing...well...these enviable unions." -David 

Pods: Eggs

Motes: Parasites "Shock troops"

Neomorphs: "Enviable unions"

SiL

SiL

The pods aren't seen or mentioned in the scene. He says "these eggs" without discussing what eggs he's talking about.

judge death

OMG that human xenomorph hybrid they teased in the latest marvel trailer, a bit like eve from species, omg how bad it is and looks silly and bad design xD and adding this to the alien series..... Seems to become more and more a clusterf**k in my eyes, and more tracing of xenomorph toys....

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Oh dear..Unless it was manufactured by David, who would have thought the Space Jockeys used Victorian-looking gold microscopes and lavender scent to flavor their catacombs  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2021, 12:49:54 AM
The pods aren't seen or mentioned in the scene. He says "these eggs" without discussing what eggs he's talking about.

Hunter-Killer

@judge death

They aren't toys, they're collectible action figures and they are worth more than your car

judge death

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 27, 2021, 12:55:59 AM
@judge death

They aren't toys, they're collectible action figures and they are worth more than your car
expensive toys then? ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 27, 2021, 12:55:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6dF99kuzgU
I'm going by the scene as presented in the film, not the BTS. He doesn't mention what eggs or where they came from. When he says "all that's left outside of the initial virus" he seems to be looking at the neomorphs.

Besides which, him saying it's highly mutable and takes many forms feels a lot like him specifically hand-waving the "does whatever" nature of the pathogen seen in Prometheus.

Rex

Rex

Look at all those Neca Figures lmao

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The reason I linked it being the video opens with the scene as presented in the film to remind you.
From sixteen seconds in to thirty six seconds in specifically.

He's looking at the parasite under the microscope, says his line I already posted:
"Patience is everything. From the eggs came these parasites. Shock troops of the genetic assault. Waiting for a host. Entering the host. Rewriting the DNA. And ultimately producing...well...these enviable unions." -David

Then when he reaches the statement I underlined looks at his displayed Neomorph collection.

We know from earlier in the film by observation that Ledward disturbs a Pod on the ground and, then a black mass of particles flies out in a formation into his ear canal then into the exposed skin, later he births the first Neomorph we see.

So if David's looking at the displayed Neomorph collection and refers to the parasite under the microscope as being responsible, and it comes from an egg, ergo obviously:

Egg: Pod

Parasite: Mote

Enviable union: Neomorph

PAS Spinelli

More traced figures, the inner jaw bending itself, a bugwomen, yeah, I don't think this will do the already decaying lore any favors

Hunter-Killer

I hate Prometheus but I'm going to go ahead and point out that the virus mutated fairfield. I think covenant was a better movie than Prometheus, but I would still like some better Canon to explain the pathogen, until then I kind of stick with whatever sounds the least stupid and is still cool

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2021, 01:03:25 AM
Him saying it's highly mutable and takes many forms feels a lot like him specifically hand-waving the "does whatever" nature of the pathogen seen in Prometheus.

Perhaps it is indeed, perhaps not, perhaps he's just describing it being "fiendishly inventive in fact" as displayed in the film under his care.

But that does in no way contradict the depiction in Alien Covenant, it does kill all the fauna, it does not kill the flora.

After all that only the Pods and Motes within remain.

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 27, 2021, 01:28:50 AM
Fifield Prometheus

Yes as David said, it (The Pathogen) either, kills you outright or creates a hybrid form.

Always developing into a pale white partially translucent creature with extended limbs.

Designed to kill other things then presumably also die itself, to clean the planet, as designed.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 27, 2021, 01:22:12 AM
We know from earlier in the film by observation that Leward disturbs a Pod on the ground and, then a black mass of particles flies out in a formation into his ear canal then into the exposed skin, later he births the first Neomorph we see.

So if David's looking at the displayed Neomorph collection and refers to the parasite under the microscope as being responsible, and it comes from an egg, ergo obviously:

Egg: Pod

Parasite: Mote

Enviable union: Neomorph
The film shows the pods produce motes, tiny particles -- not tiny insects. It does it twice, even, so it's not reasonable to assume the insects come from the same source.

And if the insects do come from the same pods, we're still left with "does whatever" as the pathogen's function. Sometimes it's a mote, sometimes it's an insect, sometimes it turns you into a zombie, sometimes it makes something grow inside you, f**k it.

QuotePerhaps it is indeed, perhaps not, perhaps he's just describing it being "fiendishly inventive in fact" as displayed in the film under his care.
He said the pathogen itself is fiendishly inventive based on his observations, before he started working with it.

The only consistent thing is that it destroys, but how it does that changes on the whim of whatever scene the authors want to create. So f**k it, it destroys you by turning you into a Giger monster, why not. It's all stupid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed