Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,363 times)

Drukathi

It doesn't make sense with a dog.

HuDaFuK

So now we're blaming the effects team for not being able to tell the future and know the host was going to be changed at the 11th hour...?

Drukathi

These are your words. Not mine.

426Buddy

Quote from: Drukathi on Jan 14, 2021, 12:49:26 PM
It doesn't make sense with a dog.

You already know that they didn't change to the dog until late in production so you have the answer to your own question.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 14, 2021, 11:01:55 AM
I don't think it matters what the suit's feet look like as we never see them in the film itself because in nearly all instances it's digitally replaced with the digitgrade legs from the rod puppet. I don't know what to tell you honestly. I think it's clear as day it's got hooves underneath the mostly decorative feet.
In no instances is it digitally replaced. Half of the models you show have toes compressed into an evocative shape, not literal hooves.

And in any case this isn't what's shown in the comic, where is just a complete hoof with no hint of toes or the usual foot structure.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It does make sense in the only version that matters in my opinion as, it is birthed from an Ox, and here's photography from the film rod puppet:

The Rod Puppet in Peter Jackson's private collection.

Credit to:
https://monsterlegacy.net

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2021, 01:20:30 PM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 14, 2021, 11:01:55 AM
I don't think it matters what the suit's feet look like as we never see them in the film itself because in nearly all instances it's digitally replaced with the digitgrade legs from the rod puppet. I don't know what to tell you honestly. I think it's clear as day it's got hooves underneath the mostly decorative feet.
In no instances is it digitally replaced. Half of the models you show have toes compressed into an evocative shape, not literal hooves.

And in any case this isn't what's shown in the comic, where is just a complete hoof with no hint of toes or the usual foot structure.

Perhaps not digital in the strictest sense but it is actually replaced once I can recall off the top of my head in the brief wide shot when it's in the process of killing Boggs with his legs kicking. Basically in any instance we see it's feet. It's the rod puppet.

You're right, figurative hooves, but still hooves in any case just like it's got figurative hands.

But at no point did I say it's what's shown in the new Marvel title. My point's we have viewed hooves incorporated into an Alien design before. In a more subtle way that does not look like absolute shit.

Most likely it will also have tacked on horns or something resembling them in some way.

SiL

SiL

You can't see the underside of the puppets feet because the rods are in the way. That's why I said it's probably not meant to be hooves, but rather the mounting point for the rods. The sculpt is of toes shaped into points to resemble hooves, rather than hooves with fake toes on top like you suggested.

And the legs still weren't digitally replaced. The film's compositing work was photochemical and the only cg shot was the cracks on the dome originally. I don't remember seeing its legs during Boggs and Rains deaths but will check.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, as far as I'm aware the only shots in which the Runner is digital are the shot of its head cracking and possibly the shot of it fleeing the Ox corpse in the extended cut (I've never been clear on whether they just erased the puppeteers operating the full-size puppet from the original footage or whether they did a complete CG Bambiburster on a clean background plate for that shot).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jan 14, 2021, 01:48:40 PM
You can't see the underside of the puppets feet because the rods are in the way. That's why I said it's probably not meant to be hooves, but rather the mounting point for the rods. The sculpt is of toes shaped into points to resemble hooves, rather than hooves with fake toes on top like you suggested.

I suppose that's a fair take, but for the photo it's originally being sculpted in and in the one of it's current state in Peter Jackson's private collection, I think the inside of the legs and feet show hooves for all intents and purposes.

judge death

I wouldnt call those feet as hoves per say but alien foot which has traits of it from the host, like the aliens warriors who had the fingers molted into tre fingers instead of six, I think its the same here with the feet, its toes but they are shaped together to make a mass that some might see as hooves looking from certain angles, its toes and claws on it is still able to climb on walls with ease, which I doubt those hooves we see the one in the comic has, will be able to.

Far from being as perfect as the normal xenos are in my opinion and damn ugly looking.
Alien 3 runners feet in comparison still has the xenomorph look to it and feel, done with class, this one: not so much.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on Jan 14, 2021, 06:10:07 PM
which I doubt those hooves we see the one in the comic has, will be able to.

Just you wait, it'll be clip-clopping along the ceiling soon enough.

judge death

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 14, 2021, 06:42:49 PM

And then it breaks all sense of realism.

Kradan

Like there was any doubt

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on Jan 14, 2021, 06:44:24 PM

And then it breaks all sense of realism.

Yes.

SM

SM

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed