[AvP3] Additions/Changes for AvP3?

Started by Darkness, Jan 04, 2007, 08:16:24 PM

Author
[AvP3] Additions/Changes for AvP3? (Read 8,433 times)

Darkness

Darkness

What new things would you like to see in a potential AvP3 game?

DoomGuy86

DoomGuy86

I'd thought that must have principally a new engine like Jupiter Engine (F.E.A.R.) or Unreal Engine 3.0  ;D, and talking about gameplay must have a great physics engine (Havok) and for the characters the Marine is great, but the Predator must need his original movie weaponry (specially the Predator 2's spear to through it to enemies). Ther can be a lot of things, but I believed these are basically.  ;)

Redfield

Redfield

i would like 2 see third person as an option in the gameplay! keep the first person option, but add third person as well. i used that code to make third person an option in avp2, but it only worked with alien, so for a third they should make it official!!!

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

I'd like it if the player could customize the Predators accesories, upgrade the weapons once in a while as the difficulty of the levels would grow.
They should make the Predators look more agile, I mean some Pred types in the AVP2 game just looked like bulky beasts or something. Along with that the Predator should also be able to climb. The lack of these really just made me feel like I was using a man in a Pred suit and some high-tech weapons/gear. (in AVP2)

Redfield

Redfield

if thats wat your looking for, you really need to get Predator: Concrete Jungle

Dekapitator

Dekapitator

Quote from: Clemens93 on Jan 21, 2007, 01:53:23 AM
if thats wat your looking for, you really need to get Predator: Concrete Jungle

(Will do sometime.. I've read some good reviews about it. But I'd also like to see these in AVP3. ;))
I agree with you on the 3rd person thing, that option would be great fun, I always thought being able to see the character in 3rd person is pretty important.

Corporal Hicks

You can be 3rd person in AvP2. There's a mod but I can't remember. It's on PAvP somewhere. File of the week archive.

I'd love to get rid of the cell-shaded graphics and have something darker and more atmospheric like in AvP1.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 21, 2007, 11:46:56 AM
You can be 3rd person in AvP2. There's a mod but I can't remember. It's on PAvP somewhere. File of the week archive.

That's no mod. It's an in-game cheat.

Corporal Hicks

Cheat then ::)

AtR

AtR

Hitting a pred/human with a tail, bursting through it's chest then picking him up on your head level a head biting would be VERY cool.

Rommie

Rommie

nope... AvP2 is not in process.. this all is only speculate.

Redfield

Redfield

Quote from: Darkness on Jan 21, 2007, 11:58:44 AM
That's no mod. It's an in-game cheat.

no, u have to alter a file so u can do it. but it only works reasonably well with aliens, and even they are glitchy.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Deffinatly needs an engine like F.E.A.R., maybe a GeoMod like from Red Faction.

As for gameplay, Id like to see some new abilitys for the pred. Preds need to be able to run and jump faster and higher than humans,, by a lot. Maybe a limited climbing ablility, moving around rooftops rather than in halls like [most] of AvP2.

The aliens, Id like to see acid spit incorperated somehow. Like able to use once after building it up, and it takes so long that maybe once or twice each level it can be used.

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

Well I'd like it if the aliens had more moves or attacks. Maybe sweeping with the tail, spitting acid, or actually having the facehuggers crawl out of eggs, that would make things interesting.

wytze

wytze

i want new classes and NO THAT FREAKING SMARTGUN or minigun ( dont need eny skill)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed